SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

US Miliary Soldier Dating Scam

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Sparkle123
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This "soldier" got in touch with me from a dating site and we communicated for over six months. He asked me to use Yahoo Messenger and helped me set up an account. He was based in Southampton but was being redeployed to Pakistan. He was very clever with words. All in all over the six month period he asked me for £21,000 in total for different reasons, next of kin application, emergency leave application, travel to Dubai to meet his agent to help him collect his $2.3 million, money for the vet for his sick dog and finally money to get leave to come to me in the UK. I was asked to send money by Western Union, then given several different bank accounts to transfer to. I checked them all out. His professions of love and marriage request were all very clever. I have bank account numbers, names and addresses and telephone numbers. I did report the scam to the police and to a Government run internet fraud unit but nothing happened. He was last in touch a couple of days ago but is now ignoring me. I may have found his picture on Google (the real person not the pictures he profiled on the dating site). I have tried to find the pictures he gave me but have had no luck. I feel stupid and used but initially believed him. It didn't take long though before the red flag started waving. The problem is I really miss talking with him even though I know he is/was trying to scam me.
Sparkle123
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I spoke too soon. He has sent me a further email this morning. He is deciding whether to give me another chance to send funds to him for his leave. He's still professing his love and desire but is scared to trust me again. At the moment he is concentrating on being the good soldier he was before he got in touch with me and trying to help world peace. It seems I've messed with his head and given him "mares". I have responded saying that I know I've lost him and hopefully that will be the end but somehow I doubt it.
Bomber Harris
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I responded to your other post assuming you were a Newb rather than a victim. Please have nothing more to do with this fraudster.

I am certainly no expert on romance scammers and hopefully a moderator will advise you on how to move on.

These kinds of people are the reason us "Baiters" exist.

You can drop me a pm if you like as we are from the same country.
It's raining - there, that PROVES I'm from the UK!!!

your stup!d got.die f*ck uuuuuu (What Fanta Branco thought of Barrister Akigbes' suggestion "Her" format was no good!)
I felt humiliated at the front of Money Gramme agent that a full reputation of me comes around at their office with fake information.(Dr Rev T3rry 4lbert)

Closed lad accounts X3, Closed lad accounts Vlad X3 United Kingdom
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome Sparkle!

Often, we recommend that victims wait a while before they even consider baiting romance scammers as it can be a challenge emotionally, but it sounds as if you are able to see clearly with respect to sending money, and would be unlikely to be at risk for being pulled in again.

With that said, though, continuing to play with a scammer who has your real information is not safe. While he's not coming to see you, he could still give you quite a headache if he is angry about being played. I personally find it ironic that scammers get angry at the victims when they are the ones who are thieves, but it does happen. So it is best to drop him.

Then, you can open a shiny new email address under a phony name, sign up for a dating site or two (or just pull some scammer addresses from here or scamwarners) and have a great time chatting with some new targets safely. Getting a mentor can help you even further.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic