SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Is there a plumber in the house? [Sorted]

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a Watts Model #800M4 1" PVB that looks very similar to the one pictured installed on my irrigation system. It just started making the most horrifying noise, much like SOOI when he is having a temper tantrum, or more specifically, like Chewbacca having an orgasm. It rattles and vibrates, but is still allowing water to pass. Any ideas? For the first useful bit of advice I will offer some of my elite Photoshop skills, for use in a bait. If you have a lad that works with irrigation systems, and he gives the correct answer to fix it (other than replacing it) I will buy you a Premium Membership. (The rules are pretty loose here, but I will let your integrity guide you)

See the gate valve to the left? It was replaced this spring because some moron didn't make sure all of the water was drained out last fall and it burst. (stuff with water in it gets destroyed here in the winter) See the plastic cap on top? It was melted and replaced because some moron used a torch to heat up that gate valve in order to loosen it. Once all of this was done it ran fine, up until today.

Just for your information, I will take total credit (with the bride) for fixing it.

Last edited by Pastor Frank on Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fo'andles
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Was told that the USA is a hard water area.

Depends on the time you have, if time restricted, do each part in turn.

I would suspect that they are all furred up, as well as the pipes.

Soak each part in Denture Cleanser Tablets to loosen the fur, then with a suitable sized round wire brush and some elbow grease, clean each part.

Closed lad accounts x40

FUK OOOOOOOOF - Mrs Cooker James
you are a fo0l forever because you are not worthy to be a human being but an Animal.
.something that cannot take 10minutes is taking you 2months- barrister lawrence
Klaasvaak
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

replace the moron

any rubber rings in it? they may need replacing too.

Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sounds like you allowed crap into the system when you replaced the gate valve. I suggest a dissection with a thorough examination of the condition of the seats, springs and o-rings. The spring may have lost its temper when you heated it but a weak spring should not cause a resonance. Check for crap in the sensing line. Its just a hole in the brass casting. I understand that the seats are plastic on that model and the manufacturer recommends o-ring replacement every 5 years.

I have a Watts gauge set that I paid hundreds of dollars instead of thousands for it somewhere in the garage but never performed backflow tests with it. I have a home project scheduled for next week involving the replacement of a plastic backflow preventer with a solenoid and no test ports. I know that they sell the o-rings and diaphragms for it but for $12 why bother to repair it.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
oscarpiles
#1 Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The first thing I would try is to clean the entire unit. The cheapest and easiest 'fix' is to immerse everything in vinegar for a good part of a day or overnight. This can work wonders and doesn't cost much.

I do not want to be associated with occult and blood sucking organization,i was told that you are not a man of God but an occult leader with 666 sign. - Elvis
Until thy kingdom hell of stupidity thy come!!! - Sarah
I AM GOING CRAZYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Bobby/Jenny/Jugs/moneyp**
ufffffffffffffffffffffffff - Outlander
F*ck you ass all – Jerry Asshat
i am a good lad i have told u that many times - Kevin the Idiot
You need home training lol - Brian LaLadyBits

Jack Boot Mortar Closed lad accounts Tattoo Sand Timer Vcamera Safari Easter 2015 Easter Egg 2013 Whip Whip
next victim
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Klaasvaak wrote:
replace the moron

any rubber rings in it? they may need replacing too.

You have my vote sir!

Sand Timer Hana, Flip It, G spot, Rosy, Cynthia
Cellphone - web store
Just read the posting on Eater. You are one sick motherf****r! Smile-Alan
"The skull with bunny ears was a good enough warning" - Nailgunner
mentors- http://forum.419eater.com/forum/cherrie_mentor_program.php
This Derick moral monster! From http:/ /scamnewss.wordpress.com/2011/10/14/derrick-ratt-scammer-beware/ Vlad blog
http://tinyurl.com/btf7872 - Toolbox
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Connie nailed it. There was a small chunk of Teflon tape floating around inside, I removed it and that solved the problem.

Connie wins the use of my Photoshop skills. Thanks everyone.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBxXp8wQmeg&

Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Great news. Next time we need to add some fingers to a lad I will send the photo to you.

I would suggest that the next thing you do is dump all of your Teflon tape and get some proper PTFE paste.

Here's a link to a video of a guy with some mad skills.

Too bad he does not know what the paste is for or how to apply it to anything other than his fingers.

Both the tape and paste are not sealants but are lubricants that prevent galling of the materials allowing for a better mechanical seal. The paste requires less skill to apply.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic