SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Results from study

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
numbnuts
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Results why lads act dumb

http://www.news.com.au/technology/solved-why-email-scammers-say-theyre-from-nigeria/story-e6frfro0-1226404287910
Tuco
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Deliberate gullibility on the part of the baiting character definitely becomes a "blip" on the scammer's radar.
My lead in script usually includes:
1. Immediate acceptance of their 419 jargon - "this business, the transaction, the fund, etc."
2. Statement of personal reasons as to why I'm desperate for "the money".
3. Questions which indicate my impression that the scammer is the one "in the know".

Dumber than dumb is smarter than smart?

"Thanks for giving me a nauthy number that preys unit like a hungry lion." - Alise Kar1m
"I have called you more than 20 times but non of the calls went through." - Williams C0ker
"I've said in my previous mail that I do not understand English." - Cabinet Bad0u
"PLEASE MY CHAIRMAN, I AM NOT GREEDY, I LIKE TO WORK WITH YOU, I HAVE LOST MANY OF MY JOBS , PLS PLS PLS, I WILL WORK HARD WITH U." - Dr. Lui$ James
"There are two kinds of people in the world, my friend."
Closed lad accounts x8 (Thanks Corona)
doc holliday
Squirrels Hate Me

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't have time to get into it right now,but my experience leads me to question the conclusions of that study.Trust me-not all victims are stupid.

You have given me enough stress through the shit you sent to me
Jack the hitlad

What you sent to me is not real, don't you fucking understand simple english, that is not real slip from money gram, I have been using money gram before now, FUCK YOU. IDIOT. PLAY YOUR GAME WELL. MASTER OF ALL PLAYERS
Jack,the hitlad who keeps giving me fresh sig lines

Closed lad accounts x35 x2 Easter Egg 2012
B8er
Associate Boomdazzler

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My thoughts as well Doc and I posted a comment on the site (which apparently has to be vetted before it appears) to that affect.

Safari x 5 Tattoo Golden Pig Easter 2015 Vcamera
United KingdomUnited StatesNigeriaMalaysiaNetherlandsThailandCanadaUnited Arab EmiratesUnited NationsAustraliaSenegalSpainBeninChinaDenmarkGhanaIvory CoastKorean FlagSouth AfricaSwedenBurkina FasoCambodia FlagcameroonGermanyHong KongIndonesiaJapanNew ZealandSwitzerlandTogoTurkeyUkraine x 335 Elite Ninja Team Member Whip 🚽
Cellphone x 4 Closed lad accounts x 1746 x 1904 - Fake cheques: $4,392,620.83
Safari Team Woody - Ghana to Singapore - 11535km
lakeside77
A chaff in the USA

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^Your comment apparently has not posted yet. Strange, since at least three threads of political rant got through.

I happened to run across the article earlier today and even plowed through the paper (it took me back to my graduate school days).

I tend to agree with you. Not every victim is hopelessly naive or gullible, as this article in the New Yorker attests.

Also, I doubt any lads ran a cost-benefit analysis of dumbing down their formats. In the jargon of the paper, they do it "heuristically" (hit or miss) until they hit on a script that seems to work.

Closed lad accounts x26 Easter Egg 2012 United KingdomNigeria x3 Thailand x2 Guinea BissauBeninGermanyNetherlands
Sand Timer Father Frank

I must let you know that am sick and tired of all this whole bull sheet do you know my ass is on the line - Jonh Raymund

i want to say i am very sorry for the Mother that gave Barth to you -- Jim Ovie

. . . it is disrespectful,malicious, an ILEDAN EYE,to our corporation and embarrassing to my secretary as he was messed up by your action. I thought I was assisting a true American gentleman without knowing that I am trying to help one of the most chaffs in the USA. --Dr. Leo Stan Ekeh

. . . I hate you with all my Live, you may not understand the Laval of hatred I have in you -- Dr. Lambert
Justcold
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

IF it was not against Eater scambaiting ethics, unethical anyway, possibly illegal and the fact that I would lose my friends here....

The reporter would be receiving some new emails and not from a Nigerian Prince.

Vcamera Sand Timer Easter 2015 Whip Jack Boot Goat Goat Flying Monkey Purple Flower
06/24/2015 Good journey Paranoid.
02/20/2017 You are missed Capone.
10/21/2018 Thank you for the laughs Toomuchfun.
03/21/2019 Keep drinking Grape Nehi, JC. I will, Irish. You win this time.
Branwen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, I'm an ex-victim and I'm certainly not stupid. Smile

As for dumbing-down, these are extracts from two different Nigerian scams which will find their way onto ScamWarners today:

Quote:
How to apply

The nanny must apply and this can be done by contacting the NAS by email:
[email protected], and request a form to complete in writing. NAS will write to the nanny to
let him/her know that they have received the application. The letter will include details on how to:

· Get identity, the first aid qualification, insurance documentation and any other information NAS require
checked.
· Pay the total fee
· Provide any further information NAS request to deem the nanny suitable to provide childcare.

How does NAS decide if the nanny is suitable?

NAS will assess the nanny's suitability by considering the information on the application form. It may be necessary
in some circumstances for NAS to interview the nanny or carry out further checks. If the nanny has lived abroad in
the past three years they should tell NAS of the countries they have lived in on the application form. NAS will
normally require the nanny to provide some extra evidence of suitability - this may include:

· A certificate of good conduct from the embassy of the country, in which the nanny lived, accompanied where
necessary by a certified translation into English
· A reference from someone of standing in the country, in which the nanny lived, such as a doctor or lawyer
· Evidence to support any work permit
· References from past employers

NAS will contact the nanny if they need additional evidence. If the nanny is unable to supply sufficient evidence,
NAS may have to refuse the nanny's registration. Please note this may delay the process.

Quote:
MISSION

The mission of the THE BICKLEYS SCHOOL OF DANCING is to develop students with psycho motor, affective and cognitive skills allowing them to use the critical thinking rationally supported by a solid awareness of their values. This kind of education will help them have a better life by equipping them to be agents of change according to their respective ages. The Institute, through an educational option at an international academic level, seeks to have a positive influence in the educational and cultural scenario of its community, state and country.

Profile:
Teacher's profile which may be developed within the International High School Program:

• Knowledge of its area
• Didactic training
• Positive attitude
• Initiative
• Able to work in teams
• Tolerance
• Open Minded
• Consistent
• Congruent
• Have scientific interest
• Respect
• Have a humanistic sense
• Be open to self improvement (An open sense of self - improvement)

REQUIREMENT

• Apostille of original certificate from University
• Two letters of recommendation.
• Letter of non-criminal record.
• Curriculum with picture and references
• Cover Letter
• Copy of passport
• Tourist Visa
• Birth Certificate

It is your first time to use western union so therefore none can blame you. It is always like this at the first experience. - Yes lad, and at the second, and the third... you'll see.

I don't want to guess the number - But, lad, isn't that the best fun to be had with MoneyGram reference numbers?
doc holliday
Squirrels Hate Me

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My comment has not appeared either.It was politely worded and non confrontational.Guess other points of view are unwelcome by this expert. Sad

You have given me enough stress through the shit you sent to me
Jack the hitlad

What you sent to me is not real, don't you fucking understand simple english, that is not real slip from money gram, I have been using money gram before now, FUCK YOU. IDIOT. PLAY YOUR GAME WELL. MASTER OF ALL PLAYERS
Jack,the hitlad who keeps giving me fresh sig lines

Closed lad accounts x35 x2 Easter Egg 2012
B8er
Associate Boomdazzler

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

More coverage of the study here http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/microsoft/9346371/Nigerian-scam-emails-deliberately-implausible.html#disqus_thread

Safari x 5 Tattoo Golden Pig Easter 2015 Vcamera
United KingdomUnited StatesNigeriaMalaysiaNetherlandsThailandCanadaUnited Arab EmiratesUnited NationsAustraliaSenegalSpainBeninChinaDenmarkGhanaIvory CoastKorean FlagSouth AfricaSwedenBurkina FasoCambodia FlagcameroonGermanyHong KongIndonesiaJapanNew ZealandSwitzerlandTogoTurkeyUkraine x 335 Elite Ninja Team Member Whip 🚽
Cellphone x 4 Closed lad accounts x 1746 x 1904 - Fake cheques: $4,392,620.83
Safari Team Woody - Ghana to Singapore - 11535km
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Doc, That happens sometimes, must have hurt a nerve somewhere or collided with eater plans elsewhere.
Take a deep breath and let it go, that's how this forums seems to work. Rolling Eyes

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I found this too and I also respectfully disagree with the "expert". First off his logic only applies to a very small portion of 419 emails. Secondly lads would not use a script that does not work. The article is basically saying that if your not stupid you don't have to worry about scams. I may have had a similar point of view before I got involved with baiting and helping victims at SW but lads do not simply target "elderly naive people". They will target anyone and victims come from all age groups and walks of life. I can honestly say out of the hundreds of victims I see posting for help on SW none of them are stupid. They may be less Internet savy or not have a mastery of the English language but that does not make them stupid.

Closed lad accounts Goat Golden Goat  Mc Fry Pole Dancer Mortar  Tattoo Easter Egg 2011

Vcamera Off to see the wizard!

United States United Kingdom Nigeria Ghana

Sand Timer Shortstuff

Safari Brother Mike co-bait with NWM : Agbor, Nigeria to Douala
Safari Brother Mike again with the help of Juan and Allst@R : Agbor to Abuja
Safari Pastor Clet Star Wars Safari Accra-Bauchi Co-Bait with NWM and the Rebels 
Safari Justice my He@vy Elecric1ty lad Accra to Tamale with the help of Alls@r and Juan
Safari Operation "Lagos spy" 
Safari The Dynamic Dumbasses 
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

well, it's the Telegraph, after all. Slighty to the right of Atilla the Hun.

agnomen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

C0rmac H3rley has just become a character in my reply to a hit lad.
rattlesnake
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The story was up on Yahoo as well. Pretty narrow minded way of looking at scams. I guess all those folks who lost their life savings to people like Bernie Madoff were fooled by badly written letters in broken english?

'i hate the fact that i come online everyday to send you emails and all i get is disappointment every time' - Silk
'keep your money ok. we dont need it. have a bless day' - Barrister Douglas Brown
'YOU ARE A BASTARD AND A FOOL' - Dr. Ugo Peters
'I WANT TO LET YOU KNOW THAT THE MAN IN THE WESTERN UNION IS A CRIMINAL AND A LOW LIFE CHEAT' - Dr. Ugo Peters
'tell your stupid prostitute step dauther never to play with the tail of a tigger' - Capt. Anita George (US Army)
scamintelligence
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Interesting but very theoretical... I do not think that the lads are making such analysis Smile

Like a lot of other criminal activities, it is a mix of experimentation, luck and opportunity.

And as someone said before, a lot of victims cannot be qualified as stupid.

Take it for what it is.

Personally, if lads continue to reference Nigeria, it is to give some credits to their stories. The country has a lot of corruption's problem and bribery is often one of the reason why you have to pay something...

Just my two cents...

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nailgunner wrote:

Quote:
well, it's the Telegraph, after all. Slighty to the right of Atilla the Hun.

Attilla had a nasty habit of impaling enemies, which could be a little drastic even for scammers.

Had Telegraph Readers have been scammed, and complaind, the article might have been slanted differently. Rolling Eyes

Closed lad accounts 100+45:goat: Easter Egg

I have trying to access the confirmation code but it always stated Errow Anthony Hills Togo
I am pissing out and off my brain seemed shattered of several thoughts and implications this is really taken much time and am afraid. Sgt Allen Nigeria
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic