SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

baiter by accident!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
littlemiss
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I was on a dating site, I had already been approached by scammers in the past but always recognised who they were and didnt respond. However I was intrigued to see where such a connection would lead. I am also preparing to launch an ethical dating site where applicants will have to provide proof of identity. It will be more locally based, Im in Europe by the way!
I have a journalist friend who is going to write an article on how scammers work so I have been collecting his conversations etc for her to use.
I know the person I am in contact with is totally forcussed on getting something from me, but until this morning he hasnt shown his hand. However today he tells me that he has been given a huge amount of cash to get out of Iraq! (He has spun me the American serviceman, engineer rebuilding story.
I would like to play him along a little bit longer, and could do with someone who has had experience of this particular scam to advise me on what he may be about to ask me to do! Then I can prepare my plan of what I can do next to keep him going as long as I can.
Anyone had experience of this scam?
Thanks
littlemiss
next victim
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to the board littlemiss. Are you using an email with any real details to contact this person? If so you should just drop him. Safety first!

The following is not exactly the same scene but close enough that you will notice similarities in the way they operate. justwhistle is accepting parcel from her man http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=217253&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=50

Sand Timer Hana, Flip It, G spot, Rosy, Cynthia
Cellphone - web store
Just read the posting on Eater. You are one sick motherf****r! Smile-Alan
"The skull with bunny ears was a good enough warning" - Nailgunner
mentors- http://forum.419eater.com/forum/cherrie_mentor_program.php
This Derick moral monster! From http:/ /scamnewss.wordpress.com/2011/10/14/derrick-ratt-scammer-beware/ Vlad blog
http://tinyurl.com/btf7872 - Toolbox
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome here,
they all want the same thing, how they wrap it up is sometimes different, but basically please go to the WU/MG and pay me. How to slow them down is your fantasy/knowledge of him and the things you think are fun to do.

Quote:
where applicants will have to provide proof of identity.
Now think about that and how you are going to check it if they are they claim to be. After a few years here I'm not sure if it can be done, without involving other way's of contact like phone and snail-mail.
I once found one while helping out on a dating site, he was in Belgium, working for that same baiting site as a moderator! Some are very smart and those do the most damage.

We are here to help, so ask lots or if you want it more private, get a mentor or PM a green one, (moderator)
I have had scams like it, but my fun is to avoid the money questions as long as possible, once it is asked there is no real fun left for me and almost an finished bait. ( or I'm just not good enough in baiting) Laughing
Weasel, if still around would be great to have on your side and a few more. Dora the Explorer is great with any bait, just read up on the romance forum and PM one you like, we'll all help you.

Have fun, Bait SAFE

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm new here too and have been involved in a dating scam for some months now. Internet dating site. US Military soldier got in touch based in Southampton but being redeployed to Pakistan. After a few weeks the requests started. Money for emergency leave and to change his will to make me his next of kin. I was sent an account to pay money to. Got out of that one. Then he wanted me to fly to Dubai to meet his agent and pay for release of his £2.3million bank balance. Didn't do that. Next his dog needed vets help and I was asked for £7,500. Told him to have the dog put down. Finally another £3,450 to get emergency leave and change next of kin records. Have been asked to pay by Western Union and have had all sorts of accounts sent to me to pay money into. I've checked them all out. None were real. I knew it was a scam but they are very clever. I think there were several people involved too. His pictures don't match his voice either. I was also asked to send pictures to him that were explicit. Again I said no.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic