SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Christian Cafe Scammers

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
cottoncandy
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 5:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi This is my first post. I just signed up a few minutes ago.

Has anyone ever been scammed on Christian Cafe?
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 9:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Cotton Candy and welcome.

At 419 Eater, we generally understand the scammers and how they work so not too many of us would have been scammed by somebody from that site.

That said, I have known of scammers who have profiles on that site and I am guessing that is the question you are looking for an answer for.

It sounds to me like you would be better served by visiting our sister site www.scamwarners.co and in particular this thread http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3607

Once you are sorted there, please do come back and we can show you how to get even with the scammers, that's our specialty Wink

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
christcafe
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 2:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Candy,
It has been a few years since I last visited it this site. I was scammed by a guy posing as a paster on Christain Cafe a few years back. He took me for $20,000. and I am still paying it back. Be very careful.
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 3:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^I am very sorry that this happen to you and welcome to eater.

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
flower2
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 7:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

hi cotton candy,

Yes, I was scammed. I register on the first day and I met somebody posting as a lieutenant colonel of the army. He seems so sweet and fast. Later did I know he is a scammer. I sent money of about $700. Then he ask me to send for for his son in the UK for $1300 and I kinda wonder why. Besides the way he quote the verses is not right, so i started researching until I got to scamwarners.com and this website. He just email me now. How will I blocked them?

Thanks..
Branwen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 10:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi flower2,

I'm sorry to hear that you have lost money to a scammer.

Scammers can be persistent, because they don't like to lose their chance of stealing your money. However, if you ignore them, and don't reply to their emails, they will stop writing after a while, and go away. So the best thing to do is to simply delete any emails from this scammer, as soon as you receive them. You may even be able to set up a mail filter on your account, that sends their emails straight to 'trash'. He will give up writing once he realises that you are never going to reply again.

You need to also be on the alert for other scam mails arriving. Sometimes a scammer will think, 'Well, that scam of mine isn't working - so I'll try this different one!' and will send you some other scam, sent from a different name and email address. Or they might pass on your email address to their scamming colleagues, and say, 'Try this one!' So be suspicious of any emails from strangers that you receive. Make sure that you ignore and delete any emails with claims that they can get your money back for you, or that they will compensate you for you loss of money. These are scams too. And look out too for any 'phishing' mails that ask you to confirm your password with the mail provider - scammers can send those as well, trying to obtain your password so they can access your mail account, looking for any information that might be useful to them.

You may prefer to change your email address, and abandon/close your current one. If you take care that you never display your new email address anywhere on the internet, scammers won't be able to find it and send you emails. And you will certainly be rid of the scammer who pretends to be a military man.

If you've got further questions, I think that the Support Team at our sister site ScamWarners will be the best people to help you. There is a dedicated forum for Romance Scams: Click here.

It is your first time to use western union so therefore none can blame you. It is always like this at the first experience. - Yes lad, and at the second, and the third... you'll see.

I don't want to guess the number - But, lad, isn't that the best fun to be had with MoneyGram reference numbers?
drewscam2012
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi there...

I was just a couple weeks ago. I knew it was happening from the get go...I could tell by the way he was "talking" to me. I participated to see how far he took it. I have since 1) let those at CC know and 2) turned all information over to the FBI.

His profile was enjoydrew189..stated he was in Miami then told a different story. Come to find out he was a fantastic liar! lol He should write a novel...

If the same person was trying to scam you, any info you can provide would only further the case once I hear back from the Fed's (I just did this, finally, this morning after finding that this man had created another profile on the CC website using slightly different profile info, but a different UN, city and other info). I alerted CC last night and this morning they said they checked it out and they found it was removed previously as a scamming profile.
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome drewscam,

It sounds like you realized you were dealing with a scammer before losing any money, so that is a positive at least.

This is a very old thread, and neither member who posted about being scammed has logged in since 2010, so I do not expect you will get a response from either person.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic