SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Beer lovers?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
firehouse5
Palm Wino Aficionado

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am unfortunately a beer geek, although I spread my geekery around other areas as well. For the longest time my tipple of choice was La Chouffe, and next best was most any Belgian tripel (with occasional dalliance into German dunkels and English milds).

These days my favourites are from Kernel (a newish london brewery: historically influenced beers with no small hint of US craft influence), Struise (Pannepot especially) and Mikkeller (although some of the experimental beers are just awful). I also like BrewDog's beers but am a little fatigued of their relentless "rebel" marketing campaign. And still drink a lot of real ale - there is a real boom lately in small local brewers, some of which are not half bad.

I know there are a lot of great US craft beers out there (and many terrible experiments even by good brewers) but choose not to drink them for political reasons. Ha! who am I kidding - they just seem inordinately expensive, would rather wait and drink them whenever I'm back in the US.

TV StarMortar dozens Closed lad accounts Not as many piggies as you.
The details you sent do not match, check your records and reply immediate. I have forced to wait in office for two hours with out eating
Cougar
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've never really been into beers - more a wines and spirits person - but I've been tempted recently by a couple of the fruit beers in my local supermarket. What do you veteran drinkers think - would a sweet toothed beginner enjoy these?

http://www.marksandspencer.com/Belgian-Cherry-Wheat-Beer-Case/dp/B006MR2HTC?ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_11&nodeId=341236031&sr=1-11&qid=1339500173&pf_rd_r=00B7681K78C62KZGJ9D7&pf_rd_m=A2BO0OYVBKIQJM&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=341236031&pf_rd_p=215570647&pf_rd_s=related-items-3

http://www.marksandspencer.com/Greenwich-Raspberry-Wheat-Beer-Case/dp/B007XX5FFC?ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_4&nodeId=341236031&sr=1-4&qid=1339500173&pf_rd_r=00B7681K78C62KZGJ9D7&pf_rd_m=A2BO0OYVBKIQJM&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=341236031&pf_rd_p=215570647&pf_rd_s=related-items-3

Actually they have quite a varied range, might be worth a nosy round.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I wasn't sure if this counted as beer to you all but since Cougar ^^^ broached it...

I drink it like raspberry pop, sometimes much to my embarrassment.

Stop typing in french, am seriously dissapointed....am just confused!!!
You will have my nuts in your hands as soon as i have the latrine in my hand & i will pay the goats to the lawyer
My dear with this only, it is clear you have contacted and communicated with Africa Fraudsters and even send funds to him. what a pity!
YOU ARE A WITCH. MAY YOU MENSURATE NON STOP TILL THE END OF YOUR LIFE
Golden PithSafari Mortar Tattoo Vcamera Closed lad accountsSand Timer Team Hector:Lagos-Douala,Benin-Liberia,Senegal-Gambia-Mali-Chad, Egypt ,Awka w/ Shorty
Sand Timer Sand Timer Shorty Safari Abidjan w/ Juan
Safari Bibian
Closed lad accounts Cellphone pony Mc Fry Mc Fry Easter Egg 2013
Donate to Eater
TheDane
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Last year in August, I visited London. During the only rain shower I had during the 4 days I was there (yeah, I was lucky), I fell into a nice little pub, and had 4 pints of these:

It was really good and refreshing, so good that I never noticed that the rain had stopped after the 2nd pint. Laughing

Sand Timer T.W.A.T Santa Safari Lagos-Ouagadougou-Arbinda Safari Warri-Yaoundé

I AM A FOOL AND I AM SO DISAPPOINTED - Brother Okei AKA Goat Milk Lad
I do not wish my enemy what I have experienced and this humiliation you are putting me through - Rushforth (on behalf of Dharma & Dr Mike)
PantzOnFya
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

bravo95 wrote:
@PantzOnFya touched a nerve did we? Smile I was referring to mass produced products. I do agree there are some good American beers out there.

Don't get me wrong... as a pro brewer I do have a weird intellectual respect for what the AB InBev and SAB MillerCoors companies produce, because I know how difficult it is to produce consistent product. I try to avoid consuming those products at all costs, however, because they are consistent junk.

I think it is ironic that in spite of the massive amount of knowledge, $$ and resources the big guys have, Coors Light and Bud Light are what they make... it's a crying shame, but also embarrassing. I believe that a society may be judged on what beer they find great, and that doesn't bode well for most Americans!

That's why I get a little touchy when someone implies that ALL beers in America are made that way. I make great beer, and drink great beer.

I just happen to be American while doing it.

Cheers!

dude! i hv just sent a text to your mum for tonight's dinner....she will suck my shit tonight ....mugu - Dr. Chr1st0pher H4rri50n
Master
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Corona is usually stocked in my fridge

However you will usually find some coopers pale ale in there

on tap it is usually stella artois or carlton draught

rekorderlig swedish cider is a good one. The apple and the pear go down well.

Safari it was all a big fuck of disappointed
you are the fooliest baboom!
Closed lad accountsMortarSand TimerSand TimerSand TimerTattooVcamera
You are dead MUMU!!!!
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Does it look like this, Masterbabe? Wink

Cool Cool Cool

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i bring you Black Sheep Bitter:

http://www.blacksheepbrewery.com/

Mrs C and I did the brewery tour on one of our anniversaries.
they do a stronger version called Riggwelter :

Quote:
Riggwelter Ale takes its name from a local Yorkshire Dales farming term which has Old Norse roots; “rygg” meaning back, and “velte” meaning to overturn. A sheep is said to be rigged or “rigwelted”, when it has rolled onto its back and is unable to get back up without assistance.

It seemed the perfect name for a strong beer from the Black Sheep Brewery in Yorkshire.

Other miscellany - round here Stella Artois is known as 'wifebeater', and @iMike, do you remember when Old Tom was only sold in quarter pints, from a barrel on the bar?

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey

Last edited by Roycropper on Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
iMike
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ remember it well. Though it didn't stop me from drinking 4 pints of the stuff one night
Shocked

Closed lad accounts x2

"you have luke worm in your brain" - Ekaetta Bello
"invite me to your country and let me clearify your legitimacy asshole" - Mose5 Uzem3
"the transfer was not authorized due to my persistent double mind" - Clement Wank
"this is not the time to play planks" - Mack Anthony

WIFI PDA - post while you dump
SAY 'NO' TO GAS STORAGE!

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[FREE LAPHROAIG]</a>
TheDane
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was in Berlin in October, and had a wonderfully tender Wienerschnitzel and two pints of the homemade pilsener in this gastro-brewpub . If you ever come to Berlin, do go there and have lunch or dinner. The beer is fantastic (and the food is great, too)!

Sand Timer T.W.A.T Santa Safari Lagos-Ouagadougou-Arbinda Safari Warri-Yaoundé

I AM A FOOL AND I AM SO DISAPPOINTED - Brother Okei AKA Goat Milk Lad
I do not wish my enemy what I have experienced and this humiliation you are putting me through - Rushforth (on behalf of Dharma & Dr Mike)
iMike
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

TheDane wrote:
a wonderfully tender Wienerschnitzel

You can get some cream for that...

As regards the Old Tom, it was over 30 years ago, I was a student & found a pub which had regular 'guest ales'. There was a barrel of OT on the bar - I don't think they'd ever heard of the '1/4 pint only' rule, & I just couldn't help myself. Allegedly I walked home with a plank because it said it was going to be my friend. Don't have much recollection of the evening funnily enough.

Closed lad accounts x2

"you have luke worm in your brain" - Ekaetta Bello
"invite me to your country and let me clearify your legitimacy asshole" - Mose5 Uzem3
"the transfer was not authorized due to my persistent double mind" - Clement Wank
"this is not the time to play planks" - Mack Anthony

WIFI PDA - post while you dump
SAY 'NO' TO GAS STORAGE!

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[FREE LAPHROAIG]</a>
Big Al
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A lot of the locals rave about Bell's "Oberon" here. It's another micro-brewery nearby. I like it but it's above my price-range for regular usage. The last 6-pack I bought was over $10.00 USD. A regular 6-pack of Busch is only $5.00. Cheaper ones are availble (Milwaukee Best) but I don't drink them.
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Milwaukee's Beast! Laughing

A bit OT but in the same genre Boone's Farms!

-----------
Closed lad accounts x13 Goat Easter Egg Mortar x3 x4 Elite Ninja Team Member

We are Karma's soldiers.
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Mugu Gold</a>

I must be cruel, only to be kind:
Thus bad begins and worse remains behind.
-Hamlet, scene iv

Justcold
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Anyone else ever choked one of these down?

Vcamera Sand Timer Easter 2015 Whip Jack Boot Goat Goat Flying Monkey Purple Flower
06/24/2015 Good journey Paranoid.
02/20/2017 You are missed Capone.
10/21/2018 Thank you for the laughs Toomuchfun.
03/21/2019 Keep drinking Grape Nehi, JC. I will, Irish. You win this time.
Kokomeister
Baiting Guru

Location: Wandering around the world with a sense of adventure!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Okay so I while I was in Japan in January, I managed to try a beer that wasn't too bad (well, better than Bud Lite anyway).

Asahi Beer:

http://cdn-ak.f.st-hatena.com/images/fotolife/r/rap_city/20090805/20090805145329.jpg

YOU ARE TOO SMALL, GO AHEAD WITH WHATEVER YOU THINK OR IMAGINED THAT YOU CAN DO TO ME, ONCE YOU TRY ONCE YOU WILL DIE HARD. YOU BETTER DON'T TRY ME AT ALL YOU FOOL- Mariam Abacha (6 months)
<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=232044">[Current ongoing bait]</a>
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Exclusive prizes]</a>
Closed lad accounts x17 Goat Easter Egg 2011 Nigeria
Safari Auntie Tina- Lagos-Parakou-Tanguieta-Niamey-Tera-Mallanville-Lagos "well the story you read in children's fairytale story book when you are young is not the same as what is happing now."
bravo95
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^That isn't a bad beer. I drink it at the sushi place sometimes when I'm having sake bombs. Sometimes I hold the sake but not often.

Closed lad accounts Goat Golden Goat  Mc Fry Pole Dancer Mortar  Tattoo Easter Egg 2011

Vcamera Off to see the wizard!

United States United Kingdom Nigeria Ghana

Sand Timer Shortstuff

Safari Brother Mike co-bait with NWM : Agbor, Nigeria to Douala
Safari Brother Mike again with the help of Juan and Allst@R : Agbor to Abuja
Safari Pastor Clet Star Wars Safari Accra-Bauchi Co-Bait with NWM and the Rebels 
Safari Justice my He@vy Elecric1ty lad Accra to Tamale with the help of Alls@r and Juan
Safari Operation "Lagos spy" 
Safari The Dynamic Dumbasses 
chickenlegs
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Innis and Gunn is lovely, and is sold in most UK supermarkets.

http://www.innisandgunn.com/en/the-range.aspx

"Seriously did not plan to stay overnight.. I left my car parked in a wrong place in Benin and hope it doesnt get stolen before I get back..."

Closed lad accounts x 4
Pith Helmet Benin - Lagos 230km (WIMP)
Pith Helmet Johannesburg - Durban 1200km (WIMP)
Pith Helmet Cotonou - Lagos 240km (WIMP)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic