SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Gideon is THICK, and he ADMITS it !

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Rev Mesem British
Hello I'm New here!

Location: A small, blue-green world in one of the less fashionable sectors of the galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 3:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Eatyo Urgreens wrote:
Hello all. I am proud and privileged to introduce one of my mentee's (and personal friend), and now graduate of the Urgreen Academy; Rev Mesem British. The Rev has done a wonderful job on this first bait, and will no doubt be a great baiter and asset to the community at large. Welcome Rev, and good hunting!

Well thank you Mr Urgreens for your kind introduction, I consider that I have been taught very well.
I had a lot of fun (and success Twisted Evil ) with this, my first bait. Hopefully the sign of things to come Wink

And now, let the baiting begin............

GIDEON IS THICK, AND HE ADMITS IT!

The Cast (in order of appearance)
The Nigerian Scammer .................... Gideon Aghogho
The Baitress .................................... Mers Macbarite

Narrator
Rev Mesem British

Publishing Design
Eatyo Urgreens

Picture the scene; The Rev. Mesem British receives a mail in his inbox.:

The Nigerian Scammer wrote:
To: Mers Macbarite
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004
Subject: Please Respond

Dear friend,

I am Engr.Gideon Aghogho, a senior manager, Ministry of Petroleum and
Natural Resources (MPNR) Lagos, who has been delegated by my
colleagues to seek the assistance of a reliable foreign company or
individual into whose bank account we can discreetly transfer the sum
of $16m USD (Sixteen Million U.S. Dollars Only) under our perfected

modalities.

<SNIP> (You've already seen the sort of mail we are talking about, no need to bore you with those details again.)

Best Regards.

Engr.Gideon Aghogho.

Enter Mers Macbarite:
Mers baits his/her hook - Mers just hasn't made his/her mind up yet Wink

The Baitress wrote:
To: Gideon Aghogho <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: Please Respond

Thank you for your mail, yes, I would like to help if I can, what would I need to do ?

Regards

Mers Macbarite
Fone Services

Hey, I think we got a live one here !
Mers receives a very much scripted response:

Subject: Immediate reply needed!!!

Dear Friend,

Thank you very much for your prompt response and anticipated cooperation towards the actualization of this transaction.

Having discussed your response with my partners and with our acknowledgment of your apparent understanding of the need for Strict Privacy in the transaction of this magnitude, we now make bold to give you the details of the perfected modalities of the project's prompt realization, 100% risk free and timely.

To commence immediate action on the pending transaction, we will need you to send to me these following detailed information, Name, address, telephone and fax number. With these information�s, I will proceed to finalize all the necessary Official Applications required to facilitate the prompt issuance of the final payment approval and release of the funds to your nominated Bank Account that you will provide for this transaction( an empty account will be better for this purpose). We hereby reassure you that as the originators of this pending project, if you follow our instructions accordingly and promptly, the project
will be 100% completed in at most 6 to 5 bank working days from receipt of all requirements.

<SNIP> - Gideon waffles on for another few paragraphs about keeping all of this confidential - Oh dear, did I just breach that confidentiality by posting here, what a shame !

For the sake of clarity, it is of utmost importance that we inform you at this juncture that we are not ready to tolerate any form of dishonesty from your end

(Oh, OK, I will be as honest with him as he is with me, Smile )

Time to delay him a little, but we keep him interested:

The Baitress wrote:
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004
Subject: Re: Immediate reply needed!!!

Dear Gideon,

Well you already have my name, as I signed it at the bottom of my email ! (1st minor SLAP !)

Before I give you my full address, I would like to make sure that I am talking to a real person and not one of those automated emailers, there are so many of them about that just want to get your address just to put you on a spam mailing list. If you would be so kind as to phone me on +1 206-333-XXXX

Once I receive your phone call, and I know that it is you, I will forward you on my full address. If I am not there, please leave me a message but you MUST quote my password for the mail to get through to the right person.

The Passphase to quote is "eye yamm tick" if you don't say this passphrase the automated system will not know who to divert the call to. (I have no idea how all this technology works, it's all strange black boxes to me, but that is what my technical administrator tells me to do to make sure I get my messages very quickly)

> We therefore plead diligently with you to make this transaction as CONFIDENTIAL as
> possible, all matters concerning this transaction should therefore be treated with utmost
> secrecy and urgency.

That is why you must quote the password so that the message gets to me and only me, also I will know that the message has really come from you.

> For the sake of clarity, it is of utmost importance that we inform you at this juncture that
> we are not ready to tolerate any form of dishonesty from your end

And the same goes for me, we don't take no shit down here in Seattle, (1st clue as to my location) we are known for our good business sense and will also not tolerate being fucked with. Please make sure you also are honest with me.

Gotta fly, the office has just rang to say they need me to go into work, some emergency has just happened, but they would not tell me over the phone what the problem was as they said it was too complicated.

I await your call.

Regards
Mers Macbarite
Fone Services
+1 206-333-XXXX (Passphrase : eye yamm tick )

I am at this point thinking is this scammer going to be stupid enough to fall for this obvious piss-take, Read on !

Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004
Subject: Foem For Application

Dear Mers Macbarite,

Top of the day to you and thank you very much for your anticipated cooperation towards the successful conclusion of this transaction.

It is quite a hitch for us as we learnt from your email that you are a very busy person, we do hope that there will be time to help us out in this transaction now that we are at a very delicate stage. I will call you on the number you gave me as soon as it is convenient on my side, So please do try to call me on your side if it will be possible. I need to speak with you to enable me explain to you verbally the basic requirements that will be required from you to enable us progress to the final stage of this transaction.

<BIG SNIP OF ON SCRIPT WAFFLE>

Now he asks for money, didn't think it would be long before that happened :

The required application fees that we will plead with you to pay and submit along with the form is $1,200, This will cover for the screening and handling of the application.

<< attachment: contract application form >>

Hmm, we can't be filling in forms just yet can we, anyway, he has not phoned me yet, he's not getting off with it that lightly:

The Baitress wrote:
Subject: Re: Foem For Application

Good day to you Gideon, I've just stopped to get a spot of lunch, so time is short, but let's see if we can progress this further.

> It is quite a hitch for us as we learnt from your email that you are a very busy person, we
> do hope that there will be time to help us out in this transaction now that we are at a very
> delicate stage.

Well, there is always time that can be put aside where there is money to be made

> I will call you on the number you gave me as soon as it is convenient on my side

Well like I said, things can be very busy for me, it is much better if you can call me, if you cannot do this simple thing, then how can I be sure that I am speaking to the same person who is writng the emails. I have a confidential phone system in place that will make sure that you only get to speak to me, - Remember the passphrase I told you to quote, this is VERY important.

> I have the form scan and will be sending it to you along this message as attachment.
> Print out the attachment and fill the form, you will also be required to help too with the
> required application fees which should be submitted along with the filled form to the
> ministry responsible for screening and approvals of all application.

Yes, thank you for the form, it does seem straight forward enough, but it is asking for my personal addrees and other details, which if you remember I told you that I would only give this personal information once I had heard from you via telephone, or you leaving me a message on my voice service. I DO NOT give out such personal information without 1st getting some confimation of who I am speaking to. You MUST call me on the phone number I gave in my last email, AND quote the passphrase before I divulge my personal information. Once I have this, I will happily complete the form and send it back to you.

> The required application fees that we will plead with you to pay and submit along with the
> form is $1,200

I am a little confused here, your original email told me that you wanted to give ME money in return for me providing you with a service, no mention was made of the fact that I would have to pay you for me to be able to help you. Please do explain to me more of why you need me to pay this money.

If I have a resonable explanation, then, yes I can certainly afford to pay that, but you don't get to become a multi-millionairess by giving all of your money away without checking first where it is going!

> The application form is attached, I will send to you how to pay the fees and send the form
> after I have heard from you.

I will send you the form as soon as I have received your phone call.

Yours

Mers Macbarite
Fone Services

Subject: From Gideon please call me(234 804 336 3042)

Dear Mers Macbarite,

Thank you very much for your urgent response, I am quite happy that you had time off your busy schedule to respond back to me, well thank you once more.

First I will use our secrete phrase (eye yamm tick), I had to mention it in this message to let you feel me even if we are not speaking. It is quite beyond me to call you now as I have mention previously, I can assure you of the call by Tuesday or at must Wednesday. I will definitely be able to call you as I have promised, for now I will want you to believe me honestly and allow us to carry on. We will definitely speak and if all goes well we will meet in person as it is in our laid down modalities and necessary for me to meet with you after I have successfully secured all vital documentation that will be needed for this transaction, I will intimate you more on those aspect when we speak. For now it will be very important that we commence as time is not on our side, since you have the form with you, I will plead with you to go ahead and make the required payment via western union money transfer directly to the duty officer, you should make the payment to this name and address,

NAME: Gubare Ovwah,
ADD: Lagos, Nigeria.

I will want you to send the filled form by attachment to me along with the western union payment evidence, we will then print it out and effect the application officially through our accredited attorney along with this present last batch for the year. I have to beg you seriously to ensure that this is done by today to enable us meet up first thing tomorrow, we are depending seriously on you as we see you as our savior, please do not let us down.

Finally, I will have to beg you again to believe and trust me in regards to the call and I will call you as I have promised, you should not allow the fact that I was unable to call you today spoil the chances we are leaning on to conclude this transaction for us. I pray and beg you not to let us down, I will be here in the office working late. My phone is open and you can call me if it will calm your worries, I would have called if it is possible.

I await your call or positive email response.

Warmest regards and hope to speak with you soon.

Gideon.

The Baitress wrote:
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004
Subject: Re: From Gideon please call me(234 804 336 3042)

Dear Gideon

> First I will use our secrete phrase (eye yamm tick), I had to mention it in this message to
> let you feel me even if we are not speaking.

Yes, thanks for that, I still await your phone call before I will give out any personal details, call me old fashioned, but that is the way I work.

You have still not explained the reason for me needing to send you money to get this all started, you asked me for help in storing money for you, why do I have to pay just to process the money for you. I am the one providing a service here. Maybe you do things differently in your country. I really think you should telephone me to explain this to me.

I have your form printed out and filled in here, and is ready to be sent, but it will not be sent until we have spoken.

> It is quite beyond me to call you now as I have mention previously, I can assure you of the
> call by Tuesday or at must Wednesday. I will definitely be able to call you as I have
> promised.

Thats OK, Tuesday or Wednesday is fine with me. I await your call.

Yours
Mers Macbarite
Fone Services

Subject: I will call

Dear Mers,

I will do all within my power to call you today, first I do not see you as old fashion at all as your attitude towards things really suites me. I will call you today.

Secondly, I will want you to understand that we are not asking you to help pay this charges for the fun of it, it is very vital as it is the first proof to show the final destination of the said funds, which is your nominated account as the beneficiary. If you can still remember I mention to you that we will go ahead to put all documentations in your name and send copies to you for your upkeep. All these cannot commence without the application being effected officially, which is the submitting of the form and the application fees which covers the screening and handling charges. Once you settle this we will be reassured of what we are pursuing and put all other plans in action. Which is authenticating of all documents to ensure the approval of the application, which we have also assured you before that we have all it takes to make the approvals possible. I do hope you will understand what we require from you to make this transaction possible.

I will really appreciate if you can send the form as you have already filled it along with the payment evidence of the application fees, it will be of advantage for us if we can effect the application before the end of work today, I also promise to call you before the end of the day.

Let me hear from you.

Warmest regards.

Gideon.

The Baitress wrote:
Subject: Re: I will call

Dear Gideon,

> I will do all within my power to call you today, first I do not see you as old fashion at all
> as your attitude towards things really suites me. I will call you today.

Excellent, I await your call so we can get this transaction underway

> I will really appreciate if you can send the form as you have already filled it along with the
> payment evidence of the application fees, it will be of advantage for us if we can effect the
> application before the end of work today, I also promise to call you before the end of the
> day.

As I have already stated, I will send you the forms once I have received your phone call stating the passphrase, without this simple thing, I cannot continue. Please arrange this as soon as you can. The sooner you do, the sooner I can help you

I await your call.

Yours

Mers Macbarite
Fone Services

Subject: I have been calling

Dear Mers,

I have been calling your number with no luck, I called three times and left two messages in your answering service. I will still call again.

Regards.

Gideon.

He actually did call and left two messages, but as he forgot the passphrase, I pretended not to receive the messages:

Gideon 1 [Tue, 28 Sep 2004 08:34:02 -0700] (MP3 33kb, 8 seconds)
Gideon 2 [Tue, 28 Sep 2004 09:51:05 -0700] (MP3 32kb, 8 seconds)

The Baitress wrote:
Subject: Re: I have been calling

Hi Gideon

> I have been calling your number with no luck, I called three times and left two messages in your answering service. I will still call again.

I have checked my messages, nothing has arrived in my mailbox, are you quoting the Passphrase ? Without that, the system does not know who to pass the message though to.

Please do try again, making sure you say the passphrase slowly and clearly.

I have made several complaints to our technical people about this automated system, it would be much easier to go back to the old system of having a receptionist to divert the call though to the correct person, but you know what technical people are like, always messing about with technology.

Regards
Mers Macbarite
Fone Services

After sending this reply, he did in fact phone again, 4 more times!
This time he does quote the passphrase, in fact he says it twice in one phone call, sounds very much like "I am Thick!", yes Gideon, that is most likely the ONLY truth you have uttered in our recent communications Smile

Gideon 3 [Tue, 28 Sep 2004 11:43:26 -0700] (MP3 42kb, 10 seconds)
Gideon 4 [Tue, 28 Sep 2004 12:04:45 -0700] (MP3 45kb, 11 seconds)
Gideon 5 [Tue, 28 Sep 2004 14:00:29 -0700] (MP3 61kb, 15 seconds)
Gideon 6 [Tue, 28 Sep 2004 15:26:22 -0700] (MP3 61kb, 15 seconds)

The Baitress wrote:
Subject: Re: I have been calling

Hello Gideon,

Sorry I just missed your call, I have received your voice mail though, thank you for using the passphrase, the message was delivered to me only a few minutes after you leaving the message.

Now, down to business, as promised, I have attached the scanned image of your form to this message, it has all my details on that you require, sorry if my handwriting is not too good, I have to write with my left hand, after my right hand was sliced off in an industrial accident about 9 years ago. I have learned to cope very well without it in all other everyday life, but writing is something that I was never any good at even when I had my right hand, so you can imagine what it's like now !

Anyway, the image is attached, if you have any trouble reading it, then I will get my secretary to type it up for me, I thought I'd try the handwritten version first to save time, as she has gone home early today, some family emergency, so I had to let her go home.

Mers Macbarite
Fone Services

<< Attachment: foneservicesinfo.jpg >>

The attached image was actually a WAV file, renamed to jpeg and made to look like a jpeg, even if you hex edited it.

Subject: Could not view attachment

Dear Mers,

I just got your email, I am very sorry about the accident with your hand. I do hope all is well now.

I was able to open the attachment you sent but the was blank, (- Hmm, I wonder why that could be ?) could you send it again?

Finally, I will plead with you to still help in paying the application fees as I have been pleading with you. The form will not do any good without the application charges, I was uncomfortable when I read your email and you did not mention anything about the application fees.

Please let me know if the application charges will be possible to enable us know how to go about purseing the approvals of the application.

I will wait for your urgent response

Regards.

Gideon.

The Baitress wrote:
Subject: Re: Could not view attachment

> Dear Mers,
> I just got your email, I am very sorry about the accident with your hand. I do hope all is well now.(Well it was sliced off, is he asking me if I have grown another hand ?)

Well I have to do everything with the wrong hand, but I have got used to that.

> I was able to open the attachment you sent but the was blank, could you send it again?

Well I told you I was not very good with all this technology, I have borrowed the services of our legal department to sort out a better copy of the form you asked for.

I have found out why you could not read the file I sent to you last time, it seems our email system automatically encrypts file attachments to stop important documents from falling into the wrong hands. I did not know that I had to tick a box in the email writer to allow unencrypted attachements.

I have attached the file again, and ticked the necessary box, so hopefully this time you will be able to open in.

I will talk to our finance department tomorrow to ask them how we go about paying funds by the Western Union Transfer, there are no doubt forms to fill in for me to get at the money. it should only take a few hours to get this all arranged.

Mers Macbarite
Fone Services

<< Attachment ( 80kb, 810x1145 ) >>

I think I probably sent this off a little too soon, and I think I have scared him off as there has been no further communication since.
For a 1st bait to have got a wav file trophy, I don't think this one has turned out too badly Wink

However, after receiving nothing for 24 hours, (and a nudge from my mentor Eatyo Urgreens), I thought I'd write again to see if the scammer was still alive and kicking:

The Baitress wrote:
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004
Subject: Re: Could not view attachment

Hi Gideon,

I just wanted to make sure that you recieved the form you asked for, were you able to open it this time, hopefully I sent it in a format that you could open properly.

I am planning on going to the bank later today to arrange your Western Union Transfer, but I thought I'd bettter make sure everything was OK with you 1st, and that I have the correct details.

Mers Macbarite
Fone Services

Well Whaddya know, after the last jpeg, he's still biting, I don't care if he knows he's being scammed, the fact that he is still answering means I'm still wasting his time. The Bait continues:

Subject: From GIDEON

Dear Mers,

I recieved the form that you filled and everything is okay, it is still with us and we have not submitted the form as we do not have the payment for the application fees. Everything is okay and we are waiting for you to enable us proceed, please let me know when all is well. I will be expecting your response to enable us continue, tomorow is Friday and it will be better if you could honestly effect the application fees for us to conclude with the application.

I will wait for your response.

Regards.

Gideon.

Is this scammer really so stupid, OK, time to be a bit less subtle.
This next one is as subtle as a brick, but still with a glimmer of hope that he will get his money today, but let's see:

The Baitress wrote:
Subject: Re: From GIDEON

Hi Gideon,

I have just been to the finance department to arrange the money transfer, now we have a small problem, they said that before I did, I should log on to Google and look up "Advance Fee Fraud" I have just done that, but I told my collegue, that I trusted you and did not think that you were one of these fraudsters, but I need to put their mind at rest before they will release the money to me.

We are getting so close now, I have never helped anyone like you before, what should I tell them that will put their minds at ease ?

If you could write to my collegue (Mrs Imat Osser ) at my address, I will forward it to her imediately so we can get this sorted, if you can reply straight away, we should still be able to get the transfer done before the bank closes today.

Regards

Mers Macbarite
Fone Services

I follow up my mail 2 1/2 hours later to try and make him think I still trust him, even if our finance dept. don't.

The Baitress wrote:

Hi Gideon,

I'm really worried now that I have spoken with our finance department, what can I tell them to get them to agree to pay the money. I have told them that I trust you, please don't let me down, please send a mail to my collegue so we can get this underway. Time is running out for me to get this sorted today for you.

Regards
Mers Macbarite
Fone Services

Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004

Dear Mers,

We are waiting for your response, we want to know from you to enable us move ahead. As I mentioned to you in my previous email that it is not our duty to convince your finance dept, if you will not be able to pay the fees today let me know so we will know what to do.

Gideon.

I'm actually quite busy with real-life over the next couple of weeks, so I think it's time to burn this Lad!

The Baitress wrote:
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2004

I am very surprised that you are still writing to me, but as you are and I'm wasting your time, then that is fine by me, while you are writing to me, you have less time to pull the same scam on someone else.

My name is not Mers Macbarite, in fact that name is an anagram of Scam Baiter, i.e. someone who just wastes the time of scammers like your good self.

Thank you for your phone calls you left on my answering service, the phrase "Eye Yam Tick" when said out loud, sounds very much like "I am Thick", The word "Thick" in English when used in this context means "STUPID" which yes I do believe that you are if you thought I was going to send you my money. the fact that you wasted money on phoning me is just great, you have had to spend money that you have scammed out of other unsuspecting people.

You are a scammer and you are commiting "Advance Fee Fraud", lots of people like me are getting wise to you and we will do everything we can to slow you down.

Please feel free to send whatever abuse you want to my email address, I like a good laugh.

Have a nice life !

The Scam Baiter Previously known as Mers Macbarite

That's the story so far, I doubt I will hear from this scammer again after that, unless of course he wants to send me some abuse !

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 4:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Excellent first bait MB, I am (as you know) very jealous of your audio trophies on this one.

I can see many more fun baits coming the house of Mesem British.

Oh yes, welcome to the eater matey!

Thumbs up
CommanderKiller
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 4:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Great Bait Rev! Of course I am not surprised since you had the masterful Eatyo Urgreens as a mentor! Very Happy I have to wait till I get home from work to listen to the audio segments, I'm sure they are hilarious! Well done! clapping

Charles Soludo (after WU trip #10): "....you may not understand what it is for my secretary to be going westernunion to westernunion just to present false informations to them."

Mr. Koffi after failed Airport meet - "The line and question is, why have you decided to play with me, you allowed me to waste my time, energy and money to put things(documnets) in your name , why?"

Mr. Obasanjo - "I have severally warned you to mind your language while addressing Prof. Soludo or any other person in that matter this is a serious business not some American movie Gangster. If you repeat it next time I will have your file thrown out of my office."

Jolly Roger Mortar x9
Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Rev, I am very jealous - I wanted to be the first of Eatyo's mentees to get an audio trophy, but you pipped me! Sad R/L has been getting in the way of baiting for me for a while, but this (and said mentor's boot up my arse) has concentrated my mind nicely! Congrats on your first published bait, and on graduating from the Urgreens Academy with honours! Laughing

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
Rev Mesem British
Hello I'm New here!

Location: A small, blue-green world in one of the less fashionable sectors of the galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@eight

Yes, I agree, we have a good tutor, (who I believe is also quite jealous of the fact I got an audio trophy before he did)

I have just baited a couple more and are waiting to see if I get any bites.

Good luck fellow baiter !

R/L, where do you get one of those from, do ebay sell them typing Twisted Evil

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic