SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Former Member - Elderly Mother targeted by Scam, Please Help

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
LivingInMexicoatLarge
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi, I was a member of this forum a few years ago and did some support work creating news articles, websites, and documents for a fake shipping company. I got out of spam baiting and went on with my life.

My very elderly mother has been receiving phone calls regarding the Jamaican sweepstakes scam (Wal-Mart gift card to get $250,000). It's the Global International Sweepstakes. She's smarter than the average bear and wants to get this guy.

Does anyone want to take this one on? I have all the information I can send you via PM. My mother is concerned because the guy already knew her real name and phone number. She would prefer to turn it over the law enforcement, but I told her since it's Jamaica and a toll-free number, there is little she can do.

Any help would be appreciated.
Chuda, the killer cat
Craziest cat ever

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I haven't done any phone baiting yet (though some people say, I have a voice for radio)

Buttom line - Have you got an addy to share?

But being a lion, the most powerful predator in the world I would bite your MUGU head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question:
"Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, MUGU?

Closed lad accounts X 4 - My first ones - Same lad, nice guy Smile
Closed lad accounts X 2 - From same hitlad Smile

YOU GET EXTRA HURTY DEATH AFTERR YOU WORDS - Hitbadger - Now one of us, you're so welcome Exclamation
THE PROBLEM IS I AM RUNNING OUT OF PATIENT - Hitlad
GET ME MONEY THEM I WILL TELL YOU WERE HE HIS, JUST MONEY ANY ABOUT BECAUSE I HATE THAT BUSTARD. - Same hitlad Smile
Goat Golden Goat
LivingInMexicoatLarge
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Name and number (it's a phone scam)
Joe Peterson
removed - dorothy
PM me for name of parent

Wants $350 gift card from walmart
name of scam company is Global International Sweepstakes.
Chuda, the killer cat
Craziest cat ever

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No addy Sad - But I happen to know that a few guys here just happen to lurve phone lads,

Please have a go guys Smile

But being a lion, the most powerful predator in the world I would bite your MUGU head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question:
"Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, MUGU?

Closed lad accounts X 4 - My first ones - Same lad, nice guy Smile
Closed lad accounts X 2 - From same hitlad Smile

YOU GET EXTRA HURTY DEATH AFTERR YOU WORDS - Hitbadger - Now one of us, you're so welcome Exclamation
THE PROBLEM IS I AM RUNNING OUT OF PATIENT - Hitlad
GET ME MONEY THEM I WILL TELL YOU WERE HE HIS, JUST MONEY ANY ABOUT BECAUSE I HATE THAT BUSTARD. - Same hitlad Smile
Goat Golden Goat
LivingInMexicoatLarge
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My mother is INCENSED that they are targeting the elderly. She really wants to punish this guy (now you know where I got it from).

If anyone baits him, I'd love to hear about it.
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 1:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have removed the phone number per forum rules, as there is no supporting evidence of scam posted, and I couldn't find any online.

Baiting in the name of the target is NOT safe baiting when it comes to ANY scammer, but when we are talking about Jamaican scammers, it is even more risky.

Jamaican scammers typically work in gangs. They are more organized and aggressive. Jamaican gangs are also much more likely to have accomplices in the US. Unlike African scammers who generally make random approaches, Jamaican lottery scammers are usually working off specific lists. Many will keep track of who they contact and what names and numbers they use, and they may use different information with each target--so even if you don't mention the target's name, asking for "Joe Peterson" may be enough to connect yourself to the target.

These gangs are often involved in drug running as well as lottery scams, and in general are much more dangerous than your average African scammer. http://www.caribbean360.com/news/jamaica_news/576072.html Deliberately angering them, when there is a possibility they will connect your bait to an ITP, is not acceptable.

The woman who was targeted was correct. In this case, the attempts should be reported to law enforcement, as the Jamaican government, unlike many of the governments associated with scammers, is actually making an effort to prosecute those running these scams.

If it can't be baited safely, it is not baitable.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 9:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
the guy already knew her real name and phone number

This has to be the most dangerous scenario, he must have access to local phone book.

I agree with Dorothy totally unbaitable.

Closed lad accounts 100+45:goat: Easter Egg

I have trying to access the confirmation code but it always stated Errow Anthony Hills Togo
I am pissing out and off my brain seemed shattered of several thoughts and implications this is really taken much time and am afraid. Sgt Allen Nigeria
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic