SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

Nigerian Scam!

View next topic
View previous topic

annoyedatscam
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ebay Scam
Watch out for over elaborate emails.

Some Fake Paypal emails are very well done, all the links appear real and it addresses you. However... take a look at who is sending it, is it paypal? if it is from Paypal it will end in "paypal . com" '

Sometimes "spoof @ paypal . com" are unable to spot the real from the fake, your best bet is to call Paypal and talk to an actual person on the line.

Ask them whether the transaction has gone though or is "pending" or whether the ID from the transaction is real.

If they cant see any evidence as to the transaction occurring, do not go ship the item.

You should see the money in your account before shipping!! If you have not been paid, do not ship.

Example of an email I received... (for Ebay Item: Iphone 4S)

"Thanks so much for getting back to me. Actually, I was just browsing on eBay to see if i could get something so cute, nice and lovely as a birthday gift for my son. He is currently working with the British American Tobacco (batnigeria . com), while I am on a nuclear inspection tour over here and I won't be coming back home till mid April, so i decided to buy this particular gift to show him how much I love him. I want to know if the item is still in good condition as i don't want to buy him a faulty item since it is a gift. I would be grateful if you could help in sending the item down to west Africa (Nigeria) on my behalf as I am due to leave soon and I wont be able to receive the item here, due to my work load.

I will like to pay via bank transfer or PayPal and if you accept bank transfer, kindly get back to me with your full name and bank details, so that I can contact my bank immediately to make the transfer or if you prefer PayPal.

I will transfer the total sum of AU $750 including the postage cost to his address in Nigeria via FedEx as soon as possible.

I will get back to you with his full name and postal address as soon as the payment is made"

Here is the address that they wanted me to ship to.
Tomi Peters
33, Anjorin Street
Lawanson
Surulere
Lagos
Nigeria.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic