SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Craigslist fake cashier check

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Anna76
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Received an email from a Michael Gordon advertising a job.

I'm looking for someone who can handle my personal and business errands at his/her spare time. pay is $700 weekly, only interested candidate should reply

We sent a blank message as a response.

We then received:

I got your email from American Online database for Google email users
  I'm looking for someone who can handle my personal and business errands at his/her spare time.
Someone who can offer me these services:  Mail services: Receive my mails and drop them off at UPS,Shop for Gifts Bill payment ( pay my bills on my behalf) Sit for delivery( at your home) or pick items up at nearby post office at your convenience.
 Let me know if you will be able to offer me any/all of these services. Where are you located? I would love to meet up with you to talk about this job but I am currently away on business. I am in Australia so there will be no interview.
I will prepay you in advance to do my shopping. I will also have my mails and packages forwarded to your address. If  you will be unable to stay at your house to get my mails, I can have it shipped to a post office near you and then you can pick it up at your convenience.
When you get my  mails/packages; you are required to mail them to where I want them mailed to. You don't have to put money out of your pocket,  all you have to do is have packages shipped to your house and do my shopping. You are allowed to open the packages to reveal its content.
The content of the packages are Art Material and Painting, clothing's business and personal letters.........All expenses and taxes will be covered by me.
You will work between 15 and 20hrs a month..
  How much will you charge per week? I will pay $700.00. That is not a bad offer is it?  I need your service because i am constantly out of town. I own an Art Gallery here in Australia. I will return to USA in May, so this process  will be on going till then.
If you don't mind, I will meet up with you when I return and then we can talk about the possibility of making this long term.
Well, let me know if you are able to handle the position.
Hope to  hear  I will email you the list and pictures of what to shop for when I am ready. No heavy packages is involved! You  can do the shopping at any nearest stores.
You will be shopping for Electronics and clothing's.
I will provide you my personal UPS account number for Shipping.
All you have to do is provide my account number to UPS and shipping charges will be applied into the account.
I will provide clear set of instructions for each task I need done as well the funds to cover them.
If I were to mail you money to do  my shopping plus upfront payment for your service, where would you want it mailed to?
How  should your name appear on the money?
Maybe you can provide me with the following details below

Full Name:
Full Address(NO P.O. BOX):
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Phone Number:
Bank Name:

Michael Gordon
470-208-7029
Thank you!

----- Original Message -----
Sent: 04/01/12 02:36 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Personal Assistant Needed!

We sent him some fake info, and an address to a vacant house in our old neighborhood. We then got this email:

Hello Good Morning,

How are you doing today?hope you are fine

Please follow the instructions below carefully and completely.

You would be receiving the funds for your 1st Task today via USPS Courier Service, between 9am-4pm. Please make sure you wait at home to receive the package.
 The USPS package contains a total payment of $7,500 CASHIERS CHECK.
 To complete the financial transactions that I have assigned to you accomplish the following in a timely manner: The payment was sent to you via UNITED STATE POSTAL SERVICE (USPS) Express Mail with tracking number EO912105983US  so check your mail box

1. In order for you to receive your fee, take the payment you have received to your bank and have it deposited into your bank account. Funds would be available within 24hrs
 2. Once the fund is available after deposit, I need you to send the excess fund via Western Union as follows:

a. Deduct $700 your weekly pay.
 b. Then from the balance left set aside the wire transfer fee..
 c. Send the remaining funds Western Union according to the instructions below.

you will be using Western Union services to send the balance to my shipper of art materials in china.
 Send the balance to the below information and you re sending $3,350 to each information below

First Name...TEDDY
 Last Name....JOHNSON
 Address..362 Huanshi East Road
 City....Guangzhou
 Country.....China
 Zip code....510064..... $3,350

First Name.... ESPERANZA
 Last Name... JAVIER
 Address... 302 Huanshi East Road
 City.... Guangzhou
 Country...China
 Zip code... 510064..... $3,350

Email me the details of the transfer as soon as the money is sent. I will need the Control number, associated with the transfer as well as the total amount my suppliers will receive after the transfer fees is deducted from the money.
 When the supplier gets the money, they will ship the products (Art materials) to you. I will pick the materials up from you when I return on the 22nd of May. I am taking a break from work for 3 weeks for medical.. I need to go in for surgery.
 I want to meet up with you and talk about this job in person. How do you feel about meeting? What is the closest coffee shop to you?
 Email me the details of the transfer as soon as it is completed tomorrow.
 Thank you.
 Sincerely,

678-539-9320 (text and call)
 470-208-7029

We did receive a fake cashiers check, sent from Minnesota, a Jacqueline Williams was the sender. The check was from Citizens National Bank of Texas, with a real routing number. The remitted was listed as Andy Villalpando. What do we do now?

Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You have a few options:
-Take the check to the police
-shred it
-contact the fraud department of the bank in Texas and alert them to the check (just be aware that employees of some banks, rather than showing gratitude for being warned, can be jerks)

You can also keep the check as a reminder, BUT write Fake on it in large permanent ink, so that it is clear you could not attempt to cash it.

*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

And if nobody minds..Mr. Gordon will be receiving some Eater love.

Does their name from the sent from box need snipping?

Vcamera Sand Timer Easter 2015 Whip Jack Boot Goat Goat Flying Monkey Purple Flower
06/24/2015 Good journey Paranoid.
02/20/2017 You are missed Capone.
10/21/2018 Thank you for the laughs Toomuchfun.
03/21/2019 Keep drinking Grape Nehi, JC. I will, Irish. You win this time.
Anna76
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Feel free to love on him. Let me know if you need more info.
Buried
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 12:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ask him to see some of his paintings.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic