SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Painful lesson for scammers

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
rfrankkh53
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I just requested verification in an email from the FBI scam running from Nigeria. I gave then this phone number 876-xxx-xxxx it will charge them $2500.00 per min. Thats my way of teaching them a lesson for sending me scam e-mails. What do you all think?

snipped phone number - JC
BRUIN
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It won't charge them a thing. They will use a stolen credit card of some innocent victim.

Bruin

Safari Ivory Coast to Ghana by Margaret Don & Angus (WIMP) - approx 524 miles, round trip

Safari Lagos to Ghana (WIMP) by Emanuel, approx 454 miles round trip

YOU CAN GO TO HAIL - Barrister Benard Koffi

YOU HAVE REALLY INCONVINSE THE CHAMBERS AND WE HAVE NEVER ENCOUNTER SUCH DIFICULTIES - Barrister Sinega Amah

I will not and will never link you up to someone that is reputable - Thomas Malcom

UR A FUCKING DESTITUTE. U WERE A DRAIN DUCK AND NOW U A SCAM FRAUDSTAR -- SMALL TIME 419. - Marcus Owen

South Africa

Hello Kitty! <--- TS certified
Justcold
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yep, Juan Freizwidatt makes it clear in this thread..

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=216620

Welcome to Eater..Have you signed up for a mentor yet? 100% Risky Free....

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=183735

Vcamera Sand Timer Easter 2015 Whip Jack Boot Goat Goat Flying Monkey Purple Flower
06/24/2015 Good journey Paranoid.
02/20/2017 You are missed Capone.
10/21/2018 Thank you for the laughs Toomuchfun.
03/21/2019 Keep drinking Grape Nehi, JC. I will, Irish. You win this time.
rfrankkh53
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I just presented as my number for a request of verification of the offer. It is a toll free looking number so i don;t think a credit card will be involved, it is charged to his phone bill... but then he would use the stolen card to pay the phone bill... hopefully the owner of the credit card disputes it as stolen after seeing a huge bill originating from Nigeria... the victim is safe there...
BRUIN
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I pm'ed you with some alternative tortures that you could use...

Bruin

Safari Ivory Coast to Ghana by Margaret Don & Angus (WIMP) - approx 524 miles, round trip

Safari Lagos to Ghana (WIMP) by Emanuel, approx 454 miles round trip

YOU CAN GO TO HAIL - Barrister Benard Koffi

YOU HAVE REALLY INCONVINSE THE CHAMBERS AND WE HAVE NEVER ENCOUNTER SUCH DIFICULTIES - Barrister Sinega Amah

I will not and will never link you up to someone that is reputable - Thomas Malcom

UR A FUCKING DESTITUTE. U WERE A DRAIN DUCK AND NOW U A SCAM FRAUDSTAR -- SMALL TIME 419. - Marcus Owen

South Africa

Hello Kitty! <--- TS certified
BearSeason
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It involves ITPs. It's a bad idea.

U 2 go fuck yourself ! I don't need the money and stop emailing me please / BASTARD!!!! / fuck ur family
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Where all the cool kids are.</a>
Closed lad accounts x 47 Mortar x 2 x 2 Easter Egg 2013
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

As already stated above, this is a bad idea due to the possible ITP involvement.

The truth is, though, nothing will probably happen. African scammers most often use prepaid cellphones--they have to buy their phone credits in advance, no billing involved. Many won't call you if they are still on script anyway, but even if the scammer is willing to try to call, chances are the number will be blocked to his phone anyway.

Associate

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A Google search comes up with absolutely no credible evidence that this number really costs that much to call; there are a few claims on sites where people report telemarketing calls but not one shred of actual documentation.

But in any event, as others have noted, this is NOT condoned since it ultimately might impact an innocent third party. "Hopefully the owner of the credit card disputes it" is not the way we work.

Whether or not there's any truth to the rather dubious claim about the cost of the call, we do not put an innocent person in a position where they "hopefully" realize there's a bogus charge. What if they don't pay attention to their bill? They're screwed even if it's a $25 call (which is vastly more plausible). And even if they do realize there's a bogus charge, they are deeply inconvenienced.

EDIT: Dorothy was posting while I was still typing.

"HOW DOES IT SOUND TO YOU THAT ANOTHER PERSON IS DEALING WITH YOU AND ASK YOU TO CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON AND NOW YOU SAID THAT YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THE OTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE KNOWING OF THE PERSON THAT ASK YOU TO CONTACT THE OTHER PERSON"

I apologize again that I will lick the dust from your sandals - Shorty

Sand Timer x4: Shorty
Safari x 16:
US lad w/Capone: ( Golden Pith ) Black Ribbon
- ATL>DC>ATL>Vegas>Seattle>ATL>San Diego>LA>ATL>Seattle>ATL>WY>ATL>Aspen>ATL (21K+ miles, $11K+ expenses)
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
- Douala>Korup; Lagos>Cotonou>Parakou; Cotonou>Niger border; Cotonou>Pendjari>jail in Tanguietta; Asaba>Abuja; Accra>Tamale
Purple Flower Goat Jack Boot Whip
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic