SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Art print scam

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Peteface
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello, first time here on this forum. I have visited many times and find the stories very funny and clever.
I'm an illustrator and a member of the Association of illustrators. Quite a few of the members online have been contacted by someone wanting to purchase prints of our work. It seems that the scam follows the lines of, they send you payment and there is an over payment (I'm sure you all have seen this one coming) then a request is made for the over payment to be returned and you've guessed it the original cheque has bounced. I've written back to this character with a brand new gmail account ...non traceable. They have asked for payment details. I've told them I'm loaded as a bait. I wanted to get some ideas for where to go next. I thought maybe of getting them to send some verification of who they are. But I can sense that a lot more fan could be had.
Any ideas please......Or if there is a previous story here that someone can point me at. I've tried to find a similar scam but can't seem to find one here.
Thanks Peteface
rattlesnake
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Check the letters archive, there are some great art scam baits.

http://www.419eater.com/html/letters.htm

'i hate the fact that i come online everyday to send you emails and all i get is disappointment every time' - Silk
'keep your money ok. we dont need it. have a bless day' - Barrister Douglas Brown
'YOU ARE A BASTARD AND A FOOL' - Dr. Ugo Peters
'I WANT TO LET YOU KNOW THAT THE MAN IN THE WESTERN UNION IS A CRIMINAL AND A LOW LIFE CHEAT' - Dr. Ugo Peters
'tell your stupid prostitute step dauther never to play with the tail of a tigger' - Capt. Anita George (US Army)
Morgain Le Fay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Peteface. Here is a link to the Art Bait Tutorial in Eater U.

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=184886

It outlines the various steps as well as tips. It was written by bobjohnson nwho is a go-to guy for art baits (IMHO)

You might wish to sign up for a mentor. You can find the sign up panel in the Scambaiting Help, Hints & Tips section.

While the baits in the link cited by rattlesnake are fun to read they are baiting history so to speak and some things in regard to baiting have changed since then.

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
Click here to support 419Eater.com
US Dropbox

"You people are all Junks" - Miss E. Kabx

"Maybe you are insane as your so called sat..." Barrister Insane

The website below is available for Eater folks to use.
Film & Production Needs
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic