SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Spotting scambaiters?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Angus T Leaves
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm new to this forum, and just thought I should mention something I've noticed. I only found out about scambaiting last night and found it highly amusing. I read a LOT of the stuff here, and then set off onto the web to have a look round. Please note, this was for my own amusement and I have NO intention of scambaiting. And now the point - While looking at various guestbooks, I noticed entries that were obviously from scambaiters. For example, on a guestbook related to horses that does not show email addresses, there was a message "good site. I am rich and want to buy a horse. [email protected]" (slight paraphrase). Isn't that a little obvious? Do scammers really fall for that?

Forgive my impertinence, I know I'm just a noob, but I am genuinely curious as to the need for subtlety in what you do. Surely lots of messages and even more patience would work better?

The only experience of scambaiting I have is with the fake Microsoft calls. I've had 4 or 5, and took great pleasure in wasting the scammer's time, but I don't know much about the practicalities of scambaiting via the internet. Again, I'm asking out of curiosity.
TheProbie
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater Smile

You need to start somewhere, so if you want to start baiting, go right ahead. You'll find that as long as you stay nice, people here are very helpful.

A little list of stuff to do, should you want to get started:
- read the stickies
- read ongoing and finished baits
- bait safe
- have fun Smile

As for your question, some of the lads have made scripts to harvest e-mail addresses off guestbooks with certain keywords. One of the most used guestbooks is the one on 419baiter.com . For what other reason would a person actually sign that guestbook?

The entries are obvious, because lads don't read the messages anyway.

best quote: I HATE MYSELF MORE EACH DAY TO REALISE THAT I FALL A VICTIM.
Closed lad accounts x2

United KingdomUnited StatesBurkina FasoGhanaCanadaSpainNigeriaGermanyIreland-x14
Closed lad accounts x5 - Charity lads
Closed lad accounts x6 x2
Easter Egg 2012
"Why will i be afraid? Even the government knows its was a result of what they did to us back then, although is not encouraging but it can't stop" - Lad answering if he's afraid of being punished
Tururut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

They don't really care about what you actually write as long as they see a potential victim (any e-mail that doesn't sound too stupid).

Parti Boi. Sand Timer x2 Safari x3 Xmas Parti 2012 Lagos-Natitingou, Lagos-Parakou-Kandi, Benin City- S4fari Hotel Kano A 419 picked me up, took my bag and ran away - have did a lot for Gomer but nothing good come out, every time different trip and they always mess up at last, why? Benin Republic mess up, Kano state in Nigeria mess up, Safari Camp also mess up - am really ashamed of my self in street
Sand Timer My wife divorce our marraige because I failed to provide proper maintenance of the family.
Narcisschism
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

they dont manually select your email from guestbooks. They use programs that scour the web and collect them. They are called email extractors . They look for things like guestbooks. The lad will never read your post 99% of the time.

To be honest lads rarely read your mails to them unless you ask them what are you talking about read.my last mail

bravo95
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yep they don't care or pay attention I've gotten tons of emails that say "Hello I saw your profile 419baiter.com Fonda Cox's list of master baiters"

Btw Welcome to eater azzthom!

Closed lad accounts Goat Golden Goat  Mc Fry Pole Dancer Mortar  Tattoo Easter Egg 2011

Vcamera Off to see the wizard!

United States United Kingdom Nigeria Ghana

Sand Timer Shortstuff

Safari Brother Mike co-bait with NWM : Agbor, Nigeria to Douala
Safari Brother Mike again with the help of Juan and Allst@R : Agbor to Abuja
Safari Pastor Clet Star Wars Safari Accra-Bauchi Co-Bait with NWM and the Rebels 
Safari Justice my He@vy Elecric1ty lad Accra to Tamale with the help of Alls@r and Juan
Safari Operation "Lagos spy" 
Safari The Dynamic Dumbasses 
Duffy Duck
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

When I first signed up on a guest book, I wrote the following message:
Quote:
Looking for some hot online scamming? Contact me at [email protected] and I may be your Mugu tonight!

I have baited several mails that have arrived to this account, so no, I don't think it matters what you write! Laughing

"you are an idiot and a moron, who are you. why are you lying. saying you came to my office and could not locate me. you must be a bastard and your mother must have been a prostitute" Advocate Mark Johnson
"Let us not misunderstand, twist or put up a logic while I do not even know the exact thing you are talking" George Lawsson
Angus T Leaves
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for those answers. Much appreciated. And funny.

If I do get any 419's in my inbox, I'll make them available to you guys via the appropriate forum. Keep giving those lads (and ladettes) hell!
Capt. Tripps
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater. If you don't mind me asking, is there any particular reason why you definitely wouldn't want to start baiting?

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's not definite that I won't start baiting, it's just a time thing. I also lack patience. I'm just here for the laughs. Having said that, I already bait coldcallers on the phone and have had 4 or 5 scammers trying the 'microsoft support' scam. They were fun!.

In short, no time at the moment - but there's a good chance I'll change my mind somewhere down the line. I will be visiting this site daily, and sooner or later, I'm bound to be inspired...
lakeside77
A chaff in the USA

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^Have you successfully baited Rachel from Credit Card Services?

Closed lad accounts x26 Easter Egg 2012 United KingdomNigeria x3 Thailand x2 Guinea BissauBeninGermanyNetherlands
Sand Timer Father Frank

I must let you know that am sick and tired of all this whole bull sheet do you know my ass is on the line - Jonh Raymund

i want to say i am very sorry for the Mother that gave Barth to you -- Jim Ovie

. . . it is disrespectful,malicious, an ILEDAN EYE,to our corporation and embarrassing to my secretary as he was messed up by your action. I thought I was assisting a true American gentleman without knowing that I am trying to help one of the most chaffs in the USA. --Dr. Leo Stan Ekeh

. . . I hate you with all my Live, you may not understand the Laval of hatred I have in you -- Dr. Lambert
Robert Heinrich der 1.
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

lack of time is no problem.

a general advise is, that the baiter should not send more than one mail per day.

this works usually, unless you want to get the bait really hot (trophies, safaries...). as more and more scammers have access to mobile internet (blckberry, smartphones, tabletts etc) they work on weekends too. so, 3-4 mails per week should be possible, and after some weeks, the scammer is hooked.

Easter Egg 2012 Safari Lagos - Accra - Kasoa (and back) 2x490km Safari Lagos - Nairobi (and back) 2x ~5000km, Nairobi - Mbiri 2x130km on easter sunday, Closed lad accounts x12 , 6x Penisprint, Dai Teatime / Anderson Frank: but have been there since about 1hr plus no sign of them and was interrogated by the police and almost arrested

Team Eze, 2 Safari lagos - cotonou and lagos - cotonou (he hated it).
The threatening is increasing day by day with different cursed of animals, and i don't know what to do now. ---- am angry for your head
buried under 419 emails
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to eater, mugus really don’t pay a lot of attention to your first emails. The most important thing they have is someone responding to them, and they believe they can con anyone.

Along with reading etc be sure to add your emails to scam warners, after you remove anything that can identify you (emails, etc). post emailings on warners increases the baiter to victim ratio. A mugus can never have too many baiters.

"Any money you send to Africa to receive your payment is at your own risk " David Mark

over 1,000 fakes deaded since Oct 2005. This is my current rampage! Mortar x6 Easter Egg 2011 Purple Flower
Angus T Leaves
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Having read all the replies on here - I caved. I signed up for the mentor program and I've been assigned Piecrust. I'll be baiting a mugu very soon. Thanks to everyone here, I'm now one of you. Cheers!
bravo95
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^Great always good to have more baiters! Oh and don't believe the rumors Piecrust is a little flakey. Smile

Closed lad accounts Goat Golden Goat  Mc Fry Pole Dancer Mortar  Tattoo Easter Egg 2011

Vcamera Off to see the wizard!

United States United Kingdom Nigeria Ghana

Sand Timer Shortstuff

Safari Brother Mike co-bait with NWM : Agbor, Nigeria to Douala
Safari Brother Mike again with the help of Juan and Allst@R : Agbor to Abuja
Safari Pastor Clet Star Wars Safari Accra-Bauchi Co-Bait with NWM and the Rebels 
Safari Justice my He@vy Elecric1ty lad Accra to Tamale with the help of Alls@r and Juan
Safari Operation "Lagos spy" 
Safari The Dynamic Dumbasses 
next victim
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

azzthom wrote:
Thanks to everyone here, I'm now one of you. Cheers!
You were always one of us! People get to choose how they participate here.

Sand Timer Hana, Flip It, G spot, Rosy, Cynthia
Cellphone - web store
Just read the posting on Eater. You are one sick motherf****r! Smile-Alan
"The skull with bunny ears was a good enough warning" - Nailgunner
mentors- http://forum.419eater.com/forum/cherrie_mentor_program.php
This Derick moral monster! From http:/ /scamnewss.wordpress.com/2011/10/14/derrick-ratt-scammer-beware/ Vlad blog
http://tinyurl.com/btf7872 - Toolbox
Dya Reyarunen-Downmeleg
** REMEMBERED **

Location: At the toilet door yelling are you almost done in there? Oops, too late...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater, azzthom!!! Very Happy

Closed lad accounts x163 Easter Egg 2011 Easter Egg Easter Egg 2013 Goat Goat Goat Golden Goat Mc Fry Purple Flower Mortar Elite Ninja Team Member

so as to enable the conclusion of this transaction on your behalf since you are not dead because if you are dead you would not have write me because I know that never will a dead
write to living...
I could receive the document official which you want to forward me for adhesion with TW@T
I am captivated, impressed and hypnotised with your sincerity
This you’re TW@T has it existed some how somewhere before?
Your ASSCODE is: 999-035-2655

"I Am Not a Justin Beiber Fan" innocent.being

Steward, WTF?

SAY NO TO SCURVY
DeProfundisClamoAdTeDomin
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Azzthom, how are you getting fake microsoft calls? I've never had one of those...and Rachel from credit card services?? The only scammers that have ever interacted with me were through email, never through coldcalls.

I guess I should be happy about that but I'm kind of annoyed since it sounds like another fun way to waste their time..

Closed lad accounts x4 Easter Egg 2012
Angus T Leaves
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It was a few months ago, and I got 4 or 5 such calls in a 2 week period. The indian woman on the other end would say "this is Microsoft support/technical support/technical centre" or something to that effect. She would then say "We have received a report from your computer" and then waffle on.

I can only assume they purchased a list of phone numbers that included mine. I have never typed my phone number on the internet. Ever.

The first time I just said "no you're not" and put the phone down. The second time onwards, I just asked stupid questions and wasted as much time as I could.

I actually invented a game to play with her, but never got the chance to try it out. I may just try it by email if I get a bait going. Not giving details yet, I want to try it first.

Someone else mentioned Rachel from Credit Card Services, I've never had the pleasure.
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Bait or not bait, question that is not

Sorry, couldn't resist the Yoda thing. Laughing

Seriously - don't bait if you don't want to - really, this site, and many of the other baiting sites, are set up to let people know about advanced fee fraud (AFF), and to get the information out...family, friends, coworkers - and while getting that information out, be informed and present it in a way that way that they can recognize the signs if they are targeted.

Welcome here - read and have fun... and share what you learn. Very Happy

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
Dynamitedan
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome
Qwackerjax
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi

I've had the "this is Rachel from credit card services" many times.

I didn't know this was a real scam. Just figured it was a generic attempt at getting a credit card consolidation going?

I've messed with them a few times, and tried to block calls (I have zero credit card debt).

Is this an opportunity for baiting?

Thanks

Last edited by Qwackerjax on Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
next victim
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A search for this Rachel person will show you the game.

Sand Timer Hana, Flip It, G spot, Rosy, Cynthia
Cellphone - web store
Just read the posting on Eater. You are one sick motherf****r! Smile-Alan
"The skull with bunny ears was a good enough warning" - Nailgunner
mentors- http://forum.419eater.com/forum/cherrie_mentor_program.php
This Derick moral monster! From http:/ /scamnewss.wordpress.com/2011/10/14/derrick-ratt-scammer-beware/ Vlad blog
http://tinyurl.com/btf7872 - Toolbox
Qwackerjax
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

next victim wrote:
A search for this Rachel person will show you the game.

So I did a search. Yeah, it's a scam. Anything that can be done about it?
Doctor Seviche
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You can post about anything. As long as your email address is listed, you WILL get spammed. I promise.

Don't jock with the man of God - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

i don't think i will ever come in contact with bastard bad luck stupid and idiot poor foolish man like you,that wasted my time for no reasons!!!!!!! - Father Augustine, United Nations Bishop

...are you goatfucking or did you honest fool you eyes? - Father Augustine, United Nations Bishop after a very long day driving around Accra.
lakeside77
A chaff in the USA

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Qwackerjax wrote:
Hi

I've had the "this is Rachel from credit card services" many times.

I didn't know this was a real scam. Just figured it was a generic attempt at getting a credit card consolidation going?

I've messed with them a few times, and tried to block calls (I have zero credit card debt).

Is this an opportunity for baiting?

Thanks

They have been baited, but as mentioned before it is not advance fee fraud so these toads are not a concern of this forum. Here is a good example of a successful bait. Or you can just go to YouTube and put "credit card services" in the search box.

Closed lad accounts x26 Easter Egg 2012 United KingdomNigeria x3 Thailand x2 Guinea BissauBeninGermanyNetherlands
Sand Timer Father Frank

I must let you know that am sick and tired of all this whole bull sheet do you know my ass is on the line - Jonh Raymund

i want to say i am very sorry for the Mother that gave Barth to you -- Jim Ovie

. . . it is disrespectful,malicious, an ILEDAN EYE,to our corporation and embarrassing to my secretary as he was messed up by your action. I thought I was assisting a true American gentleman without knowing that I am trying to help one of the most chaffs in the USA. --Dr. Leo Stan Ekeh

. . . I hate you with all my Live, you may not understand the Laval of hatred I have in you -- Dr. Lambert
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic