SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Possible Google Scam

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
swiss_cheese
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So about a year or two ago, I was working in the retail sector at a store similar to Wal-mart. This was early morning since I was cleaning the fish tanks when my black portable work phone rang. This particular phone had an outside number that would dial directly to it but only one person used and he managed to call the wrong store (nothing better than arguing about whether I was located in one city 15 minutes away). It also was possible to get to this phone by transfer from the service desk or by saying certain departments that I covered.

I answered it and to my shock, it was Google calling me to verify the store information.

Now, I was in such shock that Google, THE Google, was calling me that I told the heavily-accented woman I was transferring her to a manager simply because I didn't think I, a lowly peon, was sufficient enough for The Google. And because I really just wanted to finish cleaning the fish tanks instead of answering whatever she wanted.

About an hour later, they called again but this time with a man with the similar Middle Eastern accent (I think). They wanted to verify the information like address, managers, and phone number. Once again, I told them I was transferring them to my supervisor simply because I wasn't paid enough to deal with them before noon.

Anyway, those two calls always stuck out in my mind. Since they told me clearly they were from Google. Both had accents so they may have been in a call center or knew each other. Anyone ever hear about a scam like this?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic