SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

Could need some support with Tony the Banker

View next topic
View previous topic

Muguslapper
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tony the Banker is my first lad since I joined this forum. It appears that he is really persistent in getting some information such as name, phone number etc.

I finally provided him with most of what he wanted. Now my question is: how can I take him out of his script for a little more fun? I believe that he has now built enough trust in me to take an extra tour, but what would be a good way to get him there?

BTW: I sent him an invitation to become a friend on XING. Has anyone of you ever done that? Was it a success?
Benjamin_Franklin
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey there Muguslapper! I've never done anything with XING, so I can't say anything on that subject.

What kind of scam is Tony running in your bait? Knowing that will help in giving some suggestions.

"BIG BODY LIKE ELEPHANT, small knowledge and wisdom like mosquito. SHAME ON YOU THE FIRST FOOL OF THE GREATEST ORDER." - Wilson Smith<br>"I HAVE A GOOD NEWS FOR YOU, YOU CAN STILL QUIT THIS JOB BEFORE YOU GO HANGYOURSELF." - Wilson Smith<br>"I want you to understand that those guys at Western Union are nothing but enemies of progress" - Jude 0koya

Closed lad accounts Easter Egg 2012
Muguslapper
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tony pretends to be a banker in Ghana who has something like 15Mio USD which he made last year and is hiding from his employer. He now wants to transfer the funds into my account.

I'll see what it gets with the XING thing, but I thought it might be funny letting him do the work of opening up a profile.
Benjamin_Franklin
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Alright, it sounds like a pretty typically format he's running. I'll assume you're straight baiting him.

I believe that the easiest way to sidetrack a lad away from a script is to ask questions. Dumb questions, repeated questions, questions related to being worried about the legality of the transaction, etc. Just try to avoid sending more than a few questions in each email because you want to stretch the bait out as long as possible.

Another method you can use is to introduce an unexpected event or circumstance to the bait. For example, I've found that by not replying for two or three days, the lads go into, "Why haven't you written back?" mode. After that I reply and inform them that something has happened and I'm trying to get everything in order. From there it's easy to start asking questions. "Can you please refresh me on where we were with this transaction?"

There's always the old standby - questions, mistakes, and paranoia regarding those complicated wire transfers. Here are a few ideas:
A) "The Western Union agent told me I didn't need the MTCN number, so I don't have it anymore."
B) "The WU agent refused to let me do the transfer. He said it was a scam. Can you believe that!? So I spoke to his supervisor and nearly got him fired." (The third line in my sig came from a lad after I told him that. Laughing)
C) "The agent was so helpful. I showed them your emails and they told me they'd send the money right away." This can lead to the next suggestion of introducing a new character (the WU agent in this example) into the bait.

One other option is to introduce another character into the bait. Here are a couple suggestions on how it can be done.
A) You can simply mention the other character. Perhaps this 3rd party has contacted you about the same funds and offered you a better deal. Lads hate that and usually get pretty heated as they try to convince you to stop all communications with the new contact.
B) Use (create if necessary) another baiting account and pose as the new character. This involves more forethought and care, but the results can be much more rewarding than simply mentioning the 3rd party. Many baiters, myself included, have been able to convince lads that we're on their side while posing as fake lads. Very Happy

"BIG BODY LIKE ELEPHANT, small knowledge and wisdom like mosquito. SHAME ON YOU THE FIRST FOOL OF THE GREATEST ORDER." - Wilson Smith<br>"I HAVE A GOOD NEWS FOR YOU, YOU CAN STILL QUIT THIS JOB BEFORE YOU GO HANGYOURSELF." - Wilson Smith<br>"I want you to understand that those guys at Western Union are nothing but enemies of progress" - Jude 0koya

Closed lad accounts Easter Egg 2012

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic