SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

What do you think of this one ?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Welshcake
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Says he is living in Bristol UK on his profile (nice pic, army uniform, can't see his face - the gun is bloody prominent though !) but parents left to live in the States when he was young, so was brought up a Yank. Parents moved back to Bristol where both died and are buried in a famous Victorian cemetery there (I checked and there are a limited amount of plots there every year for sale)

Is a single parent serving in Afganistan with a 10 year old daughter, currently in the States with a babysitter (God, you American's work some hours- he's been away months !) but will be out soon and is planning on moving back to Bristol. He is on the site as his best mate found the woman of HER dreams on here (Wouldn't she possibly be on another site ?) and he wants the same.

It took him about 3 messages to give me his yahoo address, Oh and his mobile number - which incidentally is an English mobile no ??? (If he bloody well thinks I would be phoning an English mobile in Afaganistan, he must be potty- my phone bill is enough now !) Now he's popping up in windows wanting to chat - he's a slow mover it took him two days.

I really want to play, even though it means setting up a new email account, only thing is it is my photo up on the site, there are no personal details on there apart from the city I live in.

First - do you think this is wise ?
Second - do you think this is a scam or could this person actually be telling the truth ?

(actually may as well scrap the 2nd question, I have only found one person on the site in two days who isn't in uniform, doesn't have a yahoo address, and isn't a single parent- but perhaps I am a cynic)
B8er
Associate Boomdazzler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Does the 'mobile phone' number start +44 70 by any chance? If it does then it's not a mobile its a re-direct number, which are only used by scammers.

As he's emailed you using a Yahoo addy, have you checked the headers to see where his IP locates him or hasn't he actually emailed you yet?

Safari x 5 Tattoo Golden Pig Easter 2015 Vcamera
United KingdomUnited StatesNigeriaMalaysiaNetherlandsThailandCanadaUnited Arab EmiratesUnited NationsAustraliaSenegalSpainBeninChinaDenmarkGhanaIvory CoastKorean FlagSouth AfricaSwedenBurkina FasoCambodia FlagcameroonGermanyHong KongIndonesiaJapanNew ZealandSwitzerlandTogoTurkeyUkraine x 335 Elite Ninja Team Member Whip 🚽
Cellphone x 4 Closed lad accounts x 1746 x 1904 - Fake cheques: $4,392,620.83
Safari Team Woody - Ghana to Singapore - 11535km
Welshcake
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The number starts 07985 (11 digits) which is a UK prefix - wi fi maybe ?

I haven't emailed him yet, my email address contains my surname so if I do it I will have to make a new one up.(saying that I have a very common surname) I did do a search on his email address and it comes up as being registered in Brooklyn, however I don't trust the site that much as when I did mine it told me I lived in the US Shocked
B8er
Associate Boomdazzler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

07985 is a proper UK mobile network number.

To bait safely, I would avoid that particular lad as he has your RL details and it would be risky mailing him from a baiting account as you don't know how many people he's given his email address to to safely contact him.

Safari x 5 Tattoo Golden Pig Easter 2015 Vcamera
United KingdomUnited StatesNigeriaMalaysiaNetherlandsThailandCanadaUnited Arab EmiratesUnited NationsAustraliaSenegalSpainBeninChinaDenmarkGhanaIvory CoastKorean FlagSouth AfricaSwedenBurkina FasoCambodia FlagcameroonGermanyHong KongIndonesiaJapanNew ZealandSwitzerlandTogoTurkeyUkraine x 335 Elite Ninja Team Member Whip 🚽
Cellphone x 4 Closed lad accounts x 1746 x 1904 - Fake cheques: $4,392,620.83
Safari Team Woody - Ghana to Singapore - 11535km
Welshcake
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ahh bum ! Ok I see your reasoning.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic