SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

I am not a real person, I swear! :)

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Persius
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I guess this is the best place to post this... I have to tell someone!

I have been preparing a persona for a few weeks now. It is not one who is anonymous, but rather out in the open, so to speak. I already have a domain that is privately held (no contacts given) for the web, and the MX is served up by Google apps. I haven't done anything with the web part yet, but I parked an app on it that posts stories from twitter trending, and garners 1700 hits/day. No ads or income, just parked for future use on a server with a shell account in a POP.

But the personality I created I wanted to be believable. But when you see it you will, as English/American be able to tell a mile away it's fake-or so I thought!

The foundation is the user's Facebook account, as most these days are. I thought for days very carefully of what kind of person they would be. They had to have money (A Doctor), they had to have no wife (died 5 years ago) or kids (off to college) to talk sense into him. I made him black only because I wanted him to have relatives/roots in Nigeria in the future, but for now a fascination with the culture (from a naive, touristy kind of way-not in a way that could threaten a lad's enterprise because he knew powerful people in Nigeria).

Also, I needed him in my state, so I could describe all kinds of things about his environment with the accuracy of a resident-again, in the future. Then I started to build the profile. What kinds of schools and studies would the good doctor have? Well, I took a little time and picked out some doosies. There is not 1 medical area of study that is legit, or a normal person would have-much less several, and teach. One example: Rumpology. So it started to get ridiculous after a bit, and I just KNEW someone would catch on.

Oh, and he's an accomplished amateur pilot good enough to test for his commercial license. I can't wait to use that one in the future! Anyone for a flight to Nigeria? :)

OK, so now that we have a skeleton profile, what is the last thing on FB that gives an account the feel of authenticity? Friends! But who is going to friend a completely fictional character whose first and last names are jokes? Well, to my amazement, apparently everyone!

Using only the friends that FB suggested, and having not one single IM/PM with anyone, my friend base is snow-balling! And I'm not even in any of the FB games (don't need to be). Every time FB suggests I friend someone (based on existing friends, my schools and job), I ask them. Not one single refusal!

If you want to friend me, I'll not turn you down!

My profile is here.

Oh, and the pictures? I grabbed the first 5 or so pictures I could find of black men in doctor/nurse garb, and even a b&w shot of 'me' in a big afro in high school. Never mind that even a white person can easily tell that these pictures are of wildly different looking people.

I'm into 2 lads already, playing only what I've received, and not fishing for baits on the site. SO FUNNY... Just had to tell someone!:)

Persius Flatula
Dr. at large...

Ask Me About the <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=214323">Scam-O-Matic</a>!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic