SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

My dads getting scammed so hard and he cant see it*Help*

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
sk8frenzy
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok Im new to these forums but I have researched 419 scams like the back of my hand, Ive traced this ip, I know its a scam Ive showed my dad every thing, he still doesn't believe me.

I just sent this to yahoo messenger to report the ID Idk if it will work or not but its worth a shot. Its just a quick summary of what my dad has done.

Hi guys, I'm not actually the one being abused. Its my dad I'm trying to save him from shelling out anymore $ to this 'girl'. My dad met this girl on some sketchy dating website, there started talking on yahoo messenger. Long story short she claimed to be stuck in Africa and needed money to leave the country to visit my dad who she loves so very much(they have never met), so the gullible person my dad is he sent her some. She got the money, was suppose to leave the country, never did and now she is begging for more money. Anyway he has wired her money about 4 or 5 times, large amounts of money too. Im concerned because Ive researched 419 Scams a lot and her story matches exactly with the red flags that are associated with the scams. Anyway I want this to end, I know I can report and ignore her contact from my dad but he will probably figure out it was me. Idk if you guys can report her or delete her username. Everyone is telling him its a scam but he doesn't believe anyone, not even his damn bank and contiues to send $. And the only way they are making contact is through yahoo and it has to stop messenger.

Scammers ID: removed - dorothy

Idk what to do, I don't want to just delete her contact cause my dad will know, she has to be taken down someway else, any tips, anything would help me a lot!

*Edit I also have alot of pictures she has sent my dad, If that helps at all.
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome sk8frenzy,

I removed the ID for the moment for 2 reasons: 1) we need evidence included when ID's are posted, and (2) this forum is not hidden behind a login, so your father or the scammer could find this, making it harder for you to succeed.

I would recommend you also visit our sister site, scamwarners.com as that site it more victim-focused instead of focusing on baiting. But, if you would like to ask a couple of baiters here to drop a line to her, sometimes having them bait and then list the scammer is an effective way to alert other victims. Again, though, they will need proof of scam before they will start a bait.

raging alcoholic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dorothy is spot on. I highly recommend scamwarners as well. People far brighter than me (and nicer as well) lurk in there, with oodles of useful advice for you and your old man...

You mention that you tracked the IP of the lad, if you could post that here then we could know for certain your dad has a lad and we could try distract your lad with the promise of a bigger payday!

It has worked once before, I can't find the thread off the top of my head, but we managed to distract the lad enough that he stopped writing to the mother. Apart 8 pages in, he even admits to being a scammer (admittedly as part of his scam, but still)

Nice to meet you and welcome to eater. Pity it's under these circumstances Embarassed

Safari x1 (Senegal to Gambia)
"You can go now and f*ck yourself with a donkey or horse because you really need to be f*cked by a donkey or horse"
(George Michael's brother Frank/Frannypoo)

"You are a dead meat!"
(Léon the (Not so) Professional)

Closed lad accounts (19 in total:
x2 Léon the (not so) Professional. x4 Via Swindler's list. x4 Via Will and Grace the Law Firm. x3 *Hitman, x1 Hitman: The sequel!, , x1 Haiti scam, x1 The Bimbo (via Umbongo Chambers),
x1 Rita the ETA eater, x1 Via Team Doughnut, x1 Via Prince Emaka, x4 via the Nazis)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic