SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Killing Gmail Scams

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Borderline
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

What evidance do you need before posting an email address as a Scam?

Again, you are right, you are good!

Financial Service [[email protected]] is a financial scam
RolexWatchReplicas [[email protected]] -is a spam
Local HookUp [[email protected]] -is a spam
Sarah R [[email protected]] -is a spam
Kwesi Johnson [[email protected]] -is a Financial Scam
AGENT JOHN SIMMONS [[email protected]] -is a Financial Scam

Should I publish the content of #1, 5 and 6 here or is it against some rule that I have not read yet, or is it a waist of time publishing those finacial scams here.?

Baiting Guru

Location: Packing Vaseline in my frilly boots, I can’t help if it gets in other places.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

[email protected] is an email address which the lad has spoofed to get past spam filters, and therefore not baitable. You will need to get the "reply to" address. The "reply to" address will be in the full headers and, if the lad didn't screw up when setting up his mailer program, will be shown if you click "reply" to his email.

You can post the scam emails. Include the full headers when you post. Be sure to remove or obscure your email address like so: [email protected], when posting the headers, so you don't receive further spam at your email address.

“I guess a man is the only kind of varmint sets his own trap, baits it, and then steps in it.” ~ John Steinbeck
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Posting them here at eater is absolutely fine - we typically post them in surplus, though, instead of the main scambaiting forum. Surplus is where a lot of baiters (some regular posters here, some not) go to pick up new scammers to bait.

As for evidence, the vast majority of the time, the contents of the email itself are all we need for proof.

Simply start a new topic for each scammer. Try to put the type of scam in the subject, as well as the scammer's location (if you got an ip - but it's not critical that you know that). Since you are new to baiting, you might not know how to classify them yet; but don't worry, you can either ask or do the best you can. The type of scam simply helps some our members who like to target specific types of scammers to quickly pick letters.

Then just post the headers (just like SW, remove your address) and the contents of the email itself.

Edit - Ninja'd by Jose

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, I've read through this thread and I think most of the major points have been addressed and, when appropriate, answered.

Several posters have shown quite a bit of patience and Dorothy has gone out of her way to answer your questions and concern in depth.

I will mention a couple of things, and would urge that you take some time to look around the forums and decide if Eater is a place for you.

Quote:
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't have any issues with disagreeing about our rules. I would ask that disagreement be presented without quite as many exclamation marks, and arguments made after actually taking the time to research and see why those rules are in place.

Quote:
PS
Was it you who did not like my previous avi?
How do u like this one?

I am assuming that you mean 'avatar' - I never saw the one that you replaced. The fact you chose your current one 'Bite Me' as an apparent comment to whomever you suspect had an issue with the original avatar is bothersome and, honestly, fairly childish.

I am not pleased that you just randomly accused another member whom you disagreed with of being the one who didn't like your avatar.

Forum Guidelines wrote:
Personal attacks on other members on the Board will not be tolerated, no matter who is right and who is wrong.

If I see you doing that again I will go straight to suspend quicker than you can say, "This is a free forum and you can choose to go elsewhere.""

If a member complained about your avatar in PM to a Moderator (I can't find any complaints elsewhere on the Forum), and if he or she takes your 'Bite Me' avatar as a personal attack, you will be asked and expected to remove it.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
Borderline
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Someone locked the forum for a while so I could not reply!
Was that a message for me to get lost?

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi.

I originally locked the thread because I dislike beating dead horses, and even more, I dislike threads that deteriorate into slug fests.

After I finished my post I unlocked it, having rethought my decision.

There was nothing in my post that was threatening, other than a warning that if you attack another user(s) as you did, you would not be welcome here.

Your post to me was deleted - PM me and we can talk about this.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic