SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Need help with a phone number

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Agent1002
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have given a few lads a free SIP number I use for baiting. As such it is an incoming number only. I can't call the Ghana lad back from either the SIP account or from Google Voice. I have the ringer off on that phone so I can only answer it when or if I am on the computer at the moment. They appear to be protecting the cell phone minutes so the call never goes to voice mail. They call about 2 times a day. The country code is 233 Ghana and the city code is mobile phone at 24. The rest of the number is 154 6528. If you know this lad, please let me know who he is so I can write him back and tell him I can't place calls to that number.

I broke up the number so it does not show in a Google search. It currently shows nothing in a Google search.

Internet Security Team

Agent 1002
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I suggest that you write them all back, and slap them all for "flashing your phone." It's "unprofessional and shows a lack of seriousness on their part."
Tell them to at least leave a voice message, like "normal polite businessmen do." You get lots of calls from overseas on my business deals, so please comply with your request or you will be forced to reject their offers.

That ought to shake up the real lad, and make all of them paranoid that you are talking to some more competition for your money. Wink Smile

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
Agent1002
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That is the problem. I don't know which lad it is that is calling. I could try writing them all back. I may have to resort to that.

The number is not contained within any of my baited lads. I don't have a way to send him an SMS or call him without buying a calling card or something. I'd rather not spend money. It should be for him to spend the money. All my other lads that call I've added to my GV address book so when they call, it tells me just who called. I have no caller ID with the number other than just the phone number. Without an email to associate with the calls, there is nobody to write. I was hoping someone else had info on this lad so I could write him. Maybe it is someone with a wrong number that I am not baiting.

I have one other lad that has left messages so I could associate the number with the proper bait. He calls me from Jamaca, which I thought was unusual. He is in Ghana. I have some other lads stuck at airports with my consignment that have US numbers courtesy of MJ. I sometimes call them and ask how the weather is, where are they, etc. They quickly get to the point and ask "Did you send the Money?" I sometimes do the wrong number bit and ask "What Money?" This can be loads of fun as the bandwidth is often very poor so the connection is dropped out more often than not so the conversation is often using every 3rd word. Loads of fun.

I'll search the surplus letters and see if the number comes up. So far it is not getting hits on Google.

Internet Security Team

Agent 1002
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Most lads have more than one telephone. I have baited a few with 4 or 5 phones, all of them on their person! I didn't think lads had that many pockets.
I'd do what I suggested before. If nothing else, it will sure get some more motivation to work harder out of the other lads! Laughing

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
boxman
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i want to set up a phone number to use but obviously want it to be safe. Is google voice ok to link to your regular cell? That is if I choose another number and have it ring my cell will it not show the real number?
Agent1002
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Check the options in Google Voice setup. You can have the cell display the forwarded ID or show that GV is calling your phone. Your choice. I have mine show the caller's number. Only baited lads call from West Africa numbers.

You have other forward options if you want to save cell phone minutes. I set up a free SIP account and sent a free DID number with IPKall to that. With a SIP ATA (Google it) I have a LAD phone that rings when lads call.

By using Google to dial the phone, I can call anywhere in the US and Canada for free and not use cell minutes. I can direct the call to my lad phone so I can use a regular telephone to take the call. The only thing missing with the setup is I can't pick up the phone and dial out. I have to use GV to do the dialing.

My SIP provider just added a Skype gateway and a GV gateway so I can dial GV and Skype numbers too. Nice touch for a Linux user that can't get Skype to work.

Internet Security Team

Agent 1002
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic