SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

craigslist

View next topic
View previous topic

Trompeur
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

new to this idea and this forum: got a response to my craigslist posting and thought it was strange....but continued to go w/ it. Then scamwarners sent me an email telling me I am being scammed (how did they get my email and how did they know that?) I have been going along, but wanted to know where to I might go next...this guy: [email protected] wants to buy a piece of furniture across the country from me... he wants to send me certified check. Since I checked out scamwarners, I see the potential problems w/ trying to cash a courier check if it is fake, etc. So, what should I do if this check shows up in the mail? Is there a way to find out if it is fraudulent? or if this guys email is legit?
DoraTheExplorer
Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Trompeur and welcome to Eater.

Did you post over at Scamwarners? Scamwarners is our sister site we work with them closely. I am not sure who sent you the warning, but if it was from a warner over there you can be sure it is legitimate. Please stop all contact with the scammer and also respond to the warning email to let the warner know you read it and are safe from the scam. And if the check shows up at your house just destroy it as it will be fake.

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer
Juan Freizwidatt
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If the "buyer" sends a check for more than the asking price and wants you to send all or part of the overage by Western Union to a "shipper" or whatever, you know instantly it's a scam. If he made the purchase without asking any questions about the furniture, or called it "your item," or didn't bother to try to negotiate, you also can be sure it's a scam.

Don't even think about baiting the guy since he has your real life information. Just walk away and destroy the check (or mark it prominently as FAKE and keep it as a souvenir of the dangerous world of Internet selling.........).

"HOW DOES IT SOUND TO YOU THAT ANOTHER PERSON IS DEALING WITH YOU AND ASK YOU TO CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON AND NOW YOU SAID THAT YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THE OTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE KNOWING OF THE PERSON THAT ASK YOU TO CONTACT THE OTHER PERSON"

"please if you want your funds just pay me,!! pay me!! pay me!!"

Sand Timer x4: Shorty
Safari x 16:
US lad w/Capone: ( Golden Pith ) Black Ribbon
- ATL>DC>ATL>Vegas>Seattle>ATL>San Diego>LA>ATL>Seattle>ATL>WY>ATL>Aspen>ATL (21K+ miles, $11K+ expenses)
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
- Douala>Korup; Lagos>Cotonou>Parakou; Cotonou>Niger border; Cotonou>Pendjari>jail in Tanguietta; Asaba>Abuja; Accra>Tamale
Purple Flower Goat Jack Boot Whip
Trompeur
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

just got another email from this guy w/ the "mistake" he made the check for $2000 over. I should not have anymore contact w/ him? I wish there was something I could do w/ the check to "expose" him. Taking your advice and walking away from this one. Thanks for the advice people.
bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Please be sure and reply to the warning email to let the warner know that you are safe, so they can concentrate on warning other potential victims. To answer your question, I don't know exactly how they get the addresses but I imagine it involves informants in dangerous positions spying on lads in cafes. I shudder to think what would happen if someone let the lads know they'd been tipped off.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic