SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

C eBay sent this message to

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
mrswesty
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi all,

Found another batch on eBay...

eBay sent this message to (blueeyes_1994).
Your registered name is included to show this message originated from eBay. Learn more.

Seller has responded to your question about this item

Do not respond to the sender if this message requests that you complete the transaction outside of eBay. This type of offer is against eBay policy, may be fraudulent, and is not covered by buyer protection programs. Learn More.

Dear blueeyes_1994,

hello email me at amarmatlloob @ yahoo.co.uk too talk more
- amararmstrong786 Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply

Subject: Other: blueeyes_1994 sent a message about MITSUBISHI L200 #260885679051
Sent Date: 04-Nov-11 10:22:57 GMT

Dear amararmstrong786,

Hi

Would it be possible to come and view the truck please?

Kind regards

- blueeyes_1994

also check out the seller's other email which was shown on teh message to me a little while ago (I asked him if I could view the car and the above answer was all I got)...

It's the ebay member email I presume?

[email protected]
bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

How did you manage to register for Ebay without using real life details?

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi,

I am, and have been, a member of ebay for some years now...Ther scam I was highlighting was for this person

amararmstrong786

If you look into it carefully, you can see there are so many things that do not add up about this listing, or the other two this person has listed on ebay

1993 Hymer Motorhome - item number 260885696567
Neuson digger 1.7 - item number 260885692

all started on the 2nd Nov, and alot of the bids look suspect too. When I asked the seller if I could come and view the location, he merely replied with 'email me'

The phone number listed does not exist either!

He has 12 stars of feedback, but according to further closer inspection, he has 14 other ebayers giving him/her feedback...and he has had 19 feedback ratings? These people are incredibly clever, and will buy small items over a period of time and then eventually advertise much bigger things for sale. This is something that I know of now!

These three items were all listed within minutes of each other too!

Regards
bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I get that.... but as I believe it was pointed out in another thread there is no safe way to bait ebay scammers because you have to use real details to sign up. The best thing to do is to report their scam listings to ebay and have them removed. Read the stickies & welcome to Eater. Cool

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic