SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Jeannot l'intrepide

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Fowan Nyne
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Can anybody shed light on this animation that I have just watched on Canal+ France. It was made in 1950 and is titled "Jeannot l'intrepide"

Strikes me as being very political and may relate to what was happening in France with the government at the time.

The synopsis reads:
Quote:
Realise par jean image en 1950. Film d'animation francaise. Des enfants se rendent en foret pour empecher un ogre de manger leurs amis. L'un d'entre eux, reduit a la talle d'un insecte, vit d'etranges aventures

Google translate wrote:
Directed by Jean picture in 1950. French animated film. Children go into the forest to prevent an ogre to eat their friends. One of them, reduced to the clump of an insect, lives of strange adventures

From five minutes of research, it seems that I have only seen a small amount of this animation which is approximately the last ten minutes. You can see it from the beginning here and follow the links beyond.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pInxQb2Uv3E&feature=related

The bit I saw is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHfx2VHt4P8&feature=related

"Note I am very weak by straight"
"Did you want to cheat me or play on my intelligent?"
"All necessary preparation for the movement of the stool are in the pipe line" - Stan "the man" Agbley

Click here to see a proper scam

Juan Freizwidatt
Associate

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Despite having a degree in French literature, and having studied French culture, this particular cartoon is a new one on me.

Given the 1950 date and the theme of that last part of the cartoon, I can only assume that it was meant as a strong allusion to then-recent Nazi occupation and ultimate liberation of France. A bit of patriotic fervor designed for children too young to understand the details of what happened just before they were born.

The Google translation says "clump of an insect" because of a typo in French. The word "talle" should be "taille," which means "the size of an insect".

It's hard for us today to realize the intensity of the emotions that Europeans felt after WWII, and how long that bitterness lasted. When I lived in France in 1968, even though it had been 23 years since the war ended, memories and prejudices remained very strong. The Métro still had reserved seats for "mutilés de guerre" -- veterans wounded in the war. There were a lot of them around.

In 1978 I was denied a hotel room in eastern France because I was driving a rental car I had picked up in Frankfurt, and which consequently had German license plates. When it dawned on me what was happening, I explained to the proprietor that I was American and that the car was a rental. Suddenly there was room at the inn........ I dumped the car and replaced it with a new rental with French plates because at a local restaurant that evening I was warned about potential vandalism if I drove that car in the area. Shocked

Even as recently as 1999 when I traveled through Normandy with my wife and daughter I couldn't believe the hostility with which many people spoke about German tourists when I talked with them privately. Then I realized that for the middle-aged shopkeepers and restaurateurs I was talking with, the war and its aftermath was still well within their memory. They were in a region that suffered heavily for years.

Edit to add: the filmmaker's name was Jean Image; Google translated his last name as "picture." But Jean Image was not his real name; he obviously chose "Image" as a name since it fit his work in film. His real name was Emeric Hajdu.

"HOW DOES IT SOUND TO YOU THAT ANOTHER PERSON IS DEALING WITH YOU AND ASK YOU TO CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON AND NOW YOU SAID THAT YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THE OTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE KNOWING OF THE PERSON THAT ASK YOU TO CONTACT THE OTHER PERSON"

I apologize again that I will lick the dust from your sandals - Shorty

Sand Timer x4: Shorty
Safari x 16:
US lad w/Capone: ( Golden Pith ) Black Ribbon
- ATL>DC>ATL>Vegas>Seattle>ATL>San Diego>LA>ATL>Seattle>ATL>WY>ATL>Aspen>ATL (21K+ miles, $11K+ expenses)
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
- Douala>Korup; Lagos>Cotonou>Parakou; Cotonou>Niger border; Cotonou>Pendjari>jail in Tanguietta; Asaba>Abuja; Accra>Tamale
Purple Flower Goat Jack Boot Whip
Fowan Nyne
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Juan.

I'm surprised that both you and I have seen this for the first time.

I had a feeling that the Nazi thing was there and that it may be lost with the kids that it was aimed at.
I did also wonder about a race thing as a lot of cartoons around the time depicted African's as black with big white eyes.

I had a vision of the adults of the time thinking that it would help to get the message across but being so soon after the war, the adults would see the point but the children would actually turn their backs. They must have had so much political propaganda in their faces at the time. Confused

"Note I am very weak by straight"
"Did you want to cheat me or play on my intelligent?"
"All necessary preparation for the movement of the stool are in the pipe line" - Stan "the man" Agbley

Click here to see a proper scam

vonpaso xlura
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
size of an insect

Also the last phrase should be "lives [i.e. experiences] strange adventures". "d'" here is a partitive article, not a preposition.

×186
Safari Accra - SH Cotonou
you are a fake people so do not ever write to me again.
Am mad at you right now ... Am tired of your questions ... Am sick and tire you and your bank
Nigerian pig . go swallow a grenade idiot. Boko Haram will solve your problem idiot .
you are big fool by send a fake payment information and never you contact me again asshole .
your passgae bearing your ATM CATD ... Ant Terrorist Certificate ... legal verterbrate ... expartiate your meaning ... gets to your dwaignted address ... successful ofghw transfer
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic