SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Bonehead question? MG / WU refunds.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Canadon Alfa
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've been baiting for a long time, but there's something about the mechanics of MG/WUXfers that I don't fully understand, and I'm kind of embarrassed that I don't understand it.

Many times I've used the modality of the botched money transfer. My baiting character insists he/she sent the money, but something happens to prevent the lad from getting it...usually, a digit missing from the MTCN, then something else happens to divert attention away from that, etc., etc.

But what would really happen, in real life, with a botched transfer?

Say a person sent $1000 by MoneyGram, legitimately. They pay the teller cash at the desk, fill out the form, etc. For whatever reason, the recipient never picks up the money.

Under more-or-less "normal" circumstances, could the person, knowing the transfer has not been picked up, go back to the MG outlet later on and successfully get a refund of his $1000? I assume the answer is yes. But what, realistically, would be involved with that? Would there be some sort of form to fill out? How long could the money remain "in suspension," so to speak, before the person would no longer be able to claim a refund?

I assume refunds are possible because I've had lads urge my characters to go back and request refunds, once they realize a transaction has been botched. This is why, nowadays, I much prefer a dolla chop or other modality where the lad is led to believe that the money has indeed been collected by someone, which I assume precludes the possibility of a refund on the sending end.

Can anyone elaborate on this?

"I pray that the gorillas will not destroy the slip i.e. the customers copy." -- Div1ne Ok0ye

Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts
the vampire
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, it is possible to get your money back if it never has been picked up. The dollar chop works well when you make the lad believe that another lad (the dollar chopper) has hacked your characters email account, and found the information. Or the dollar chopper "knows" about your correspondence with the original lad, and diverts the money to himself, saying he is the assistant of the original lad. No better way to make a lad mad!
Oh, and try to find Bruin's WIMP modality, i'm sure you love it!

I'm always right! - Branwen
GoatEaster Egg Penguin Pole Dancer Purple Flower Mc Fry
wasname
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Canadon Alfa wrote:
I
Say a person sent $1000 by MoneyGram, legitimately. They pay the teller cash at the desk, fill out the form, etc. For whatever reason, the recipient never picks up the money.

Under more-or-less "normal" circumstances, could the person, knowing the transfer has not been picked up, go back to the MG outlet later on and successfully get a refund of his $1000? I assume the answer is yes. But what, realistically, would be involved with that? Would there be some sort of form to fill out? How long could the money remain "in suspension," so to speak, before the person would no longer be able to claim a refund?

I don't know about MG, but I asked on the Western Union site about this matter. As long as the money is not picked up, you can get your money back, but you lose the fee.

I had a bait where I told the lad I'd put in WU payment in the name he used, when really he wanted it in someone elses name. I contacted WU, to ask what if anything could be done if the money was not picked up, so I had an accurate answer for the lad. I was told I could get my money back, but would lose the fee.

WU, and perhaps MG have a "chat" facility where you can ask their support staff and get an answer in a few minutes. Ask there. For Western Union, it is:

https://thewesternunion.custhelp.com/app/chat/chat_launch

wasname.
View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerSkype Name
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic