SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

watson-careers.com

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
scareasy
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am 99% sure this is a fake site, but I would like others' help to investigate and report this site for me, please and thank you. Get yourself a flag! Let me know if you need any more information.

Site: http://www.watson-careers.com

Site name: Watson Careers

Can't hotlink any images--the site is done in Flash.

Possible (probable) fake jobs site I received in response to Craigslist ad I responded to. They sent me a link at my catcher address to their "application portal" and claimed to have reviewed my resume when I didn't send them anything. Note that most of the site is under construction and the only working link takes you to their "application portal". Probably just exists to harvest personal information.

Here's the good stuff:

Whois:

Current Registrar: INTERNET.BS CORP.
IP Address: 200.63.46.186 (ARIN & RIPE IP search)

Lock Status: clientTransferProhibited

Whois information

Domain watson-careers.com

Date Registered: 2011-12-21
Date Modified: 2011-12-29
Expiry Date: 2012-12-21

DNS1: ns1.panamaserver.com
DNS2: ns2.panamaserver.com

Registrant
Private Whois watson-careers.com
[email protected]
*******PLEASE DO NOT SEND LETTERS******
****Contact the owner by email only****
c/o watson-careers.com
N4892 Nassau
Bahamas
Tel: +852.81720004

Administrative Contact
[email protected]
c/o watson-careers.com
N4892 Nassau
Bahamas

Technical Contact
[email protected]
c/o watson-careers.com
N4892 Nassau
Bahamas

Registrar: Internet.bs Corp.
Registrar's Website : <a
href='http://www.internetbs.net/'>http://www.internetbs.net/</a>

Here's the e-mail

Received: from study-inc.study-inc.info (184.172.194.82-static.reverse.softlayer.com. [184.172.194.82])
by mx.google.com with ESMTPS id z9si9946254yhn.118.2012.02.21.09.13.04
(version=TLSv1/SSLv3 cipher=OTHER);
Tue, 21 Feb 2012 09:13:04 -0800 (PST)
Received-SPF: softfail (google.com: domain of transitioning [email protected] does not designate 184.172.194.82 as permitted sender) client-ip=184.172.194.82;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=softfail (google.com: domain of transitioning [email protected] does not designate 184.172.194.82 as permitted sender) [email protected]
Received: from [204.12.222.176] (port=4809)
by study-inc.study-inc.info with esmtpa (Exim 4.69)
(envelope-from <[email protected]>)
id 1Rzs1A-00058q-Qa
for [email protected]; Tue, 21 Feb 2012 09:52:40 -0600
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 10:22:29 -0500
To: Scare Easy <[email protected]>
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
In-reply-to: <CANw1+a7aQLSxfSeNKuJ-6fDVd5UGD8aXHNKQjD_hphAuQdkZYw@mail.gmail.com>
References: <CANw1+a7aQLSxfSeNKuJ-6fDVd5UGD8aXHNKQjD_hphAuQdkZYw@mail.gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Interested in your position
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
X-AntiAbuse: This header was added to track abuse, please include it with any abuse report
X-AntiAbuse: Primary Hostname - study-inc.study-inc.info
X-AntiAbuse: Original Domain - gmail.com
X-AntiAbuse: Originator/Caller UID/GID - [47 12] / [47 12]
X-AntiAbuse: Sender Address Domain - watson-careers.com
X-Source:
X-Source-Args:
X-Source-Dir:

Hello Scare,

We would like to thank you for sending your resume to Watson Careers & Partners. After reviewing your initial credentials, I think you could possibly be a great fit for our company.

Our Human Resource manager would like to schedule an interview with you before she leaves for vacation early next week. You need to complete the pre-interview screening before we can schedule an interview, which can be found athttp://careerwith-watson.info or the career link on our homepage. Your applicant code is 264262.

Please write down your code, as that is the only way you can gain access to your application and employee profile. Once you complete your screening someone from HR will contact you within 72 hours to schedule an interview.

Respectfully
Karen Whitlock
Watson Careers & Partners
B8er
Associate Boomdazzler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Here's an image

The WhoIs shows that the site was registered in late December for the minimum 1 year period.

The site also has no physical contact address.

Looks like a scam to me, so changing status to Add to DB.

Safari x 5 Tattoo Golden Pig Easter 2015 Vcamera
United KingdomUnited StatesNigeriaMalaysiaNetherlandsThailandCanadaUnited Arab EmiratesUnited NationsAustraliaSenegalSpainBeninChinaDenmarkGhanaIvory CoastKorean FlagSouth AfricaSwedenBurkina FasoCambodia FlagcameroonGermanyHong KongIndonesiaJapanNew ZealandSwitzerlandTogoTurkeyUkraine x 335 Elite Ninja Team Member Whip 🚽
Cellphone x 4 Closed lad accounts x 1746 x 1904 - Fake cheques: $4,392,620.83
Safari Team Woody - Ghana to Singapore - 11535km
DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Here's the deal:

This is a fake job site, but not the fake job sites that we typically deal with. If you fill out their pre-interview form, it will take you to this: http://www.watson-careers.com/screen/verification1.php?id=3618

Quote:
In compliance with the USA Patriot Act 2001, Watson Careers and Partners is required to maintain documentation confirming the identity of all employees. Our identity verification/background check program is through Experian/Equifax, which is in the form of a credit check. This identity verification is completely free to you while allowing us to receive an electronic response much quicker than traditional background checks (less invasive too). By completing the background check/credit report we will NOT receive any of your private credit history details or personal information. We simply receive your first and last name, and an "Ok" to proceed if there are no background discrepancies.

This step is required before we are able to schedule an interview. Also, keep in mind that our decision to hire you is not determined at all by your personal credit score or history.

Please note - for the identity verification/background check we cannot accept a scanned, faxed, or emailed report because we will not be able to electronically verify your identity from our end. So be certain to use the following link, which will direct you to a secure application through a credit reporting company linked to our Experian/Equifax account:

Click Here To Complete ID Verification
(will open in a new window)

(If you happen to already be a member at above link, or have trouble signing up, use the link below for a different provider.)
Click Here

When you complete the credit check you will be given a customer number. Keep this handy, as it will help facilitate things during your interview with the HR Manager.

Once you have completed your credit check, please enter your initials and click Submit.
We will forward your information to the Hiring Manager as soon as the verification has been completed and contact you to schedule an interview.

Which directs you then to http://www.creditreport.com/ to obtain the 'free score'. Which is 'free' but you have to provide a cc, which will be charged if you don't cancel the 'free' service.

So while I agree it is a big old scam, it's not 419 AFF scam and I wouldn't put it in the DB. It really belongs better in the Misc Scams forum more so than the Fake Bank forum. (I also remember I posted in another thread about a scam job site like this a while ago, but I can't remember which thread it was or where it went to. :sigh: )

I'll run this by Artemis to get his opinion though.

And scareasy - nice job on your first thread here! Thumbs up

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer
DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Artemis has agreed that this site won't get a DB and would have a better home in the Misc Scams forum.

Marking NA.

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is a type of scam we've seen reported at ScamWarners with some frequency, but Dora is right that it is not advance fee fraud. It's an affiliate scam.
See: http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=14983 and http://www.scambook.com/report/view/27093/CreditReport.com-Other-for-14.00-on-10-14-2011

@scareasy: Even though this isn't getting a Database entry, you can report it if you'd like to. I'm not sure what response you'll get but you'll see from the ScamWarners thread that Michael there was reporting these type of sites.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ima wrote:
It's an affiliate scam.

That's the definition I was looking for! Laughing

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic