SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Some light Sunday morning reading from the SUN

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
psychicbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Nigerian paper, not the Brit.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/crimewatch/2011/may/05/crimewatch-05-05-2011-001.html
Quote:
Widow accuses pastor, wife of fraud
•No, she was sowing seed –Suspects
By CHRISTOPHER OJI & MATTHEW DIKE
Thursday, May 05, 2011
• Victim
Photo: Sun News Publishing

More Stories on This Section

A widow, Theresa Onuora has accused a pastor and his wife of allegedly swindling her. Onuora, a mother of two, claimed she was hypnotised by Prophet and Prophetess Okoli (other names withheld). But the accused denied the allegation, saying that the woman willingly donated her belongings to God. Giving a graphic account of how she was allegedly deceived by the Okolis into surrendering her property to the church, she said after her husband’s death, the duo claimed they had some revelations for her.

Amid sobbing the victim said: “They told me that my husband acquired his money through occultic power and that his belongings would soon become a curse to my entire family.”
She alleged that the suspects warned that she should surrender the property to the church or calamity would befall her household.
According to her, after praying for her, she allegedly lost her senses and did not know how she started surrendering her property to the suspects.

She claimed she was asked to donate everything in their three-bedroom apartment to the church. “So, I donated my household equipment, a car, and 10 boxes of clothes.” She alleged that after donating the items, they further instructed her to sell her husband’s land in Anambra State and bring the proceed to the church.

She claimed that she hesitated initially until she was given some concoction to bath and after using the substance, she sold the land and was about taking the proceeds to the church as the prophet instructed.
Mrs. Onuora said she sold the land for N2 million, but the agent collected N200,000 commission
She said she withdrew the remaining N1.8 million from the bank and was on her way to the church when she met one of her cousins whom she shared her experience with the suspects to.

She said her cousin sat her down and after counseling, told her to report the incident to the police
According to her, immediately the counselling, something like scale fell off her eyes and she regained consciousness. Also she rushed to the police, where she reported the case.

According to her, the police followed her to the church where they arrested the husband and wife.
The suspects who spoke to Daily Sun claimed the widow donated her property on her own volition.
Mrs. Okoli said: “My husband and I are innocent. We only saved the woman from an evil spirit that was tormenting her. The widow came to us complaining that her husband belonged to a cult group and after his death, the group was demanding that her late husband’s property should be handed over to them.”
She said the widow begged that her late husband’s property should be donated to God. So, who are we to question her if she decided to appreciate God for what He did for her because God used us to save her life?”

Prophet Okoli said: “I don’t see anything wrong in what the widow did. She was sowing a seed which she would have reaped in the future. The Mercedes Benz that she gave to me, I did not ask for it. She only said she discovered that I didn’t own a car. So, she brought it herself. I was surprised when she brought in the police claiming that I swindled her.”

The state police spokesman, Mr. Samuel Jinadu, said the case was still being investigated. He said the car and some clothes were recovered from the suspects. Jinadu warned members of the public to be wary of where they worship and the type of prophets and prophetess they patronize.
Jeannette
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Funny, a nun tried this on my grandmother - no bath, however. She wanted Granny to donate everything to the convent. But my grandmother couldn't be brainwashed. Mr. Green

psychicbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Your nana has a Mercedes Benz, too?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic