SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

More east coast weather...

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
doc holliday
Squirrels Hate Me

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm posting this using my pda,and my cell phone as modem.
I expect it will be this way for a while.When Isabel came through, I believe it was 5 days before we got power back.

edit to correct name of storm

You have given me enough stress through the shit you sent to me
Jack the hitlad

What you sent to me is not real, don't you fucking understand simple english, that is not real slip from money gram, I have been using money gram before now, FUCK YOU. IDIOT. PLAY YOUR GAME WELL. MASTER OF ALL PLAYERS
Jack,the hitlad who keeps giving me fresh sig lines

Closed lad accounts x35 x2 Easter Egg 2012

Last edited by doc holliday on Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Philo Kvetch
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Morgain Le Fay wrote:
^^^ Be thankful you were not hard hit. There are areas in AL and here in MS that are still being "cleaned up" from Katrina. Some people are still living in FEMA trailers -- not so many now, but still living in them and that was 6 yrs ago.

Katrina was devastating for a lot of reasons - but it's impact was forecast and results were not unexpected.

Irene was a non-event. Even though local weather stations from Hatteras to New England reported winds less than 40mph on the ground NOAA and local governments pumped the fear factor - even ordering the evacuation of 300,000 from NYC.

State Police in Massachusetts even arrested a surfer who refused to leave the water at Nantasket beach. The waves were all of four feet.

Such a beneficent and motherly government.

Click here to support 419Eater.com
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Doc, hope the power comes up quickly for you sir!

The area I am in faired well. Little bit of rain and little bit of wind. I think I've the Appalacians to thank. On the other hand, sounds like the folk in Vermont are cursing the mountains, record floods.

-----------
Closed lad accounts x13 Goat Easter Egg Mortar x3 x4 Elite Ninja Team Member

We are Karma's soldiers.
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Mugu Gold</a>

I must be cruel, only to be kind:
Thus bad begins and worse remains behind.
-Hamlet, scene iv

Cougar
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good to hear you are all okay. Very Happy

I've never been in a hurricane, and I hope it's not something I experience - it sounds exciting in the run up, but actually being there must be ruddy terrifying.

Morgain - you should write up your experiences, it would make fascinating reading.

Squirrels Hate Me

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Still around 350,000 in my immediate area without power.Power company is saying it may not be restored until Friday night. Evil or Very Mad Oh well,at least we had no real flooding.Could have been much worse.

Jack the hitlad

What you sent to me is not real, don't you fucking understand simple english, that is not real slip from money gram, I have been using money gram before now, FUCK YOU. IDIOT. PLAY YOUR GAME WELL. MASTER OF ALL PLAYERS

OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Lucky for me the storm veered a little more west than originally forecast, so while I got a good dumping of rain and decent wind I got spared for the most part. Much of the state is without power, but glad I still have mine.

Funny, some schools were supposed to start today in the state, now already have some days to make up Razz

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I heard that the reason Irene left so much rain behind was she realized she started as a tropical depression and she would eventually become a depression again and she couldn't stop crying... Crying or Very sad

Very Happy

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
DM613
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've seen enough hurricane documentaries that I know the eye is calm. Don't worry, I know what to do, who and what to strap down, and the best places to loo without getting caught
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I now have this bizarre vision of a spammer trying to have a dump on a strapped down toilet in a hurricane.

Glad you stayed safe, and that I wasn't there - this time 12 months ago I was having enough trouble trying to leave JFK because of the weather.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
doc holliday
Squirrels Hate Me

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just now got power back.Hope any members in New England are doing OK,I understand they got hit worse than us.

Jack the hitlad

ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Got an email from a colleague in rural NJ. They said one of the power distribution substations is under water, so they can't have power on in the whole town. Also their offices have water in them.... Uggghhh!

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

A Jersey housewife
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Back on Wednesday afternoon.

Power companies here initially respond based on the number affected and then once they make an assessment put a plan of restoration in place. They still have not removed the downed poles in certain parts of town. And it was not the wind that did the damage, it was the rain and soaked soil that caused trees to fall and apparently because it was rain and not wind or hurricane strength winds, insurance companies can't invoke the hurricane portion of homeowner's which has a much higher deductible.

Thank goodness for generators and transfer switches and most of all the fact it was not too hot. My late husband knew how to get all that set up so once I got over my blonde moment and found the on/off switch (it is hidden) I was able to get the gen up and running. Best investment IMHO you can make... costs far less than one call in the middle of the winter for having pipes unfrozen and also pays or itself after the second time you have stuff in the freezer. Its an accomplishment for a woman to successfully run manly toys. Very Happy

** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic