SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

blumail.org or hotmail.com disables scammers account.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
wasname
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I sent an email to my scammer, whose email I've called [email protected], and found that blumail.org have disabled the account - or possibly hotmail have blocked access to it. I thought I'd try to register that account myself at http://www.blumail.org/, but the website says the username has been taken.

I'm hoping my scammer has some record of my email address and/or telephone number outside that of his email account, otherwise he wont be able to contact me. I have no obvious way to contact him any more, unless I dial the number in Nigeria that he accidentally used once without disabling it.

This could be the end of the bait. We shall have to see. Here's the reply I got. The most important line is this one.

Code:
Diagnostic-Code: smtp;550 5.2.1 The email account that you tried to reach is disabled.

But here's a bit more detail. I'm guessing it is blumail.org that has disabled the account, but it could mean hotmail are blocking access to it. I've not tried from another account yet.

Code:
Delivery to the following recipients failed.

[email protected]

--9B095B5ADSN=_01CC482A48D33CB200A2BFA1col0?omc1?s11.co

Content-Type: message/delivery-status

Reporting-MTA: dns;col0-omc1-s11.col0.hotmail.com

Received-From-MTA: dns;COL120-W38

Arrival-Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2011 02:03:41 -0700

Final-Recipient: rfc822;[email protected]

Action: failed

Diagnostic-Code: smtp;550 5.2.1 The email account that you tried to reach is disabled. s20si4706553ibj.79
View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerSkype Name
Gimli
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There's a good chance that the lad will have written down your info, especially if you were at a point in the bait where he thought payment was imminent. Lads get their accounts reported and shut down all the time, so they're usually prepared for it.

Safari Bibian: Lagos-Accra "Don't make me suffer for being good to help you."

Mortar Golden Pig x30 Closed lad accounts x2,196

"stupid old useless woman." - Esther
"I said don't ever ask my office to draw any bused-shit for you" - Ban Ki-Moon
"you are quite elderly fraud star" - Ali

Support 419Eater! Visit ScamWarners!
wasname
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

What excuse is he likely to give? I wonder what I should say about the disabling of the account if he does contact me?

Please give me some ideas.
View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerSkype Name
Gimli
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It depends on the type of scam. If he's pretending to be a business, then I'd guess that his excuse will be something along the lines of technical difficulty or maintenance. If he's just playing an individual, then it might be anything. Maybe a virus, or hackers, or a lost password. And how you want to deal with it all depends on where you want to take the bait. If you were already working in a certain direction, then maybe just roll with it and email the new address without comment. If you want to take the bait on a bit of a tangent, then question him a little. How can you trust the transaction to be secure if there are security issues with his mail account? That sort of thing. Hope this helps.

Vampiremerchant
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Why don't you email him from another email addy explain that your other account was mysteriously disabled and you are trying to find out why.

That would probably keep the bait going.... Wink

Closed lad accounts x 35 Easter Egg

Mortar x 100

Thailand (with thanks to Nigel Tuffnel)
Thailand United Kingdom
Thailand
Thailand
Thailand

My dear Brother , if I have to you to scam you, May the WROGHT of GOD be upon me and my generation
Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^Probably because the lad's account was disabled not the OPs Laughing

@wasname - The account being disabled won't make the account name available. Not for a period of time at least.

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
wasname
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Gimli wrote:
There's a good chance that the lad will have written down your info, especially if you were at a point in the bait where he thought payment was imminent. Lads get their accounts reported and shut down all the time, so they're usually prepared for it.

My lad is pretty dumb - which is good, as I'm an inexperienced scam baiter.

He certainly thought payment was imminent, though he said he would have to think about the fact I requested the country issuing his passport and his passport number. I'm pretty sure he would have agreed to put them (no doubt fake), as I made it clear the club's constitution said this information was needed and so without it, the sale for around $26,000 would not go ahead.

But so far, since his account was disabled, I have had no phone calls or emails from my lad. I suspect he has failed to note my details, so is probably stuck to find out how to contact me. He must be really annoyed, as I reckon he has spent about $75-$100 on international phone calls to me. Last count he had dialed my 070 number 127 times (not all of which were answered), but he has dialed it several times since then. So I think he has paid out some serious amount of money in phone calls.

Perhaps he is so broke he can't afford to go to an Internet cafe or buy any more credit.

wasname.
Gimli
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^Do you have his phone number then? If you do and you're willing to spend a couple of dollars on the call, then you can always call him and complain about the email address. More than likely he'll either give you his new one or he'll ask you to remind him what yours is, and your bait will be up and running again.

wasname
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ He did indeed write down my phone number at least. I'm not sure if he has my email address, but I guess he would. He gave me a new email for him.

I expressed concern at the lack of security. He reassures me it will be OK.

It's a shame there was no information about the WU transfer actually been passed at this point - since then I would have had an excuse to cancel the transaction.

wasname
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic