SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

Time to ask for a trophy ??

View next topic
View previous topic

wasname
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My lad is selling radio-related equipment to a club. An 11-page form I sent him has been partially completed, but he is unhappy about the sections which ask for his passport number and country which issued the passport.

(This is the bait where the secretary has died - see http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=206665 )

Since he seemed unhappy about giving his passport information, he rang me last night and asked if I had a plan. I said I had no plan - he either enter the information, or the deal was off. In the end he said he would think about it.

Now, given his reluctance to supply this information, one member of the club could have become suspicious. I'll mention we don't normally check the passport information, but due to his reluctance to give it, this fact has raised suspicions, so we want to see a scan of the passport.

Is that a good idea or not? He might give up and I lose him, but to get a passport picture on my first bait would be a really nice touch.

One problem is that I think he is a bit dumb, and I doubt he has the technical knowledge to forge a passport. He does appear to have a well spoken English accomplice in the UK, who might be able to help him.

Of course, if the passport photo is sent, then I can use the delaying tactics caused by the death of the secretary, the fact it's possibly murder, the police freezing the bank accounts etc.

I can see how one can let a bait drag on for a very long time. Perhaps I'll get bored before him!! If that happens, I'll offer someone else the chance to complete the bait.

wasname.
View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerSkype Name
BertjeAass
Likes Mel Gibson's Beaver

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If he does not want to send a passport, SURELY he is willing to send a Security Picture?

Jezus is in a man all the time - sung by Dawa lbah

Send your calvary greetings
OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I found the key to getting a trophy out of a lad is to get him to believe that after he does this one task for you the cash will be waiting for him. Once they think they are about to get paid you can pretty much get them to jump through hoops on fire Very Happy

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
wasname
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^
OK, thank you for that. I'll leave the passport as his last hurdle.

I intend getting him to FAX the documents he has sent via email, as I made it clear the club needed FAXes. So when the documents are in order, and the documents FAXed, I'll bring the passport photograph into the equation, and make it clear that is the last hurdle.

Of course, after that, the fact the secretary has died will cause all sorts of issues, with frozen bank accounts awaiting the outcome of the police investigation into a possible murder.

wasname.
View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerSkype Name
wasname
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

BertjeAass wrote:
If he does not want to send a passport, SURELY he is willing to send a Security Picture?

I did ask for his work details, which he is also unhappy about giving. Perhaps if he wont give a passport, I will agree to accept a security photo, then decide it is not sufficient proof and the club really insists on a passport photograph.

I wonder what is going through this lad's mind? He must have spent at least $75 on international phone calls by now, and wasted a lot of time, filling in forms, faxing a couple of pages. He stands to get about $26,000 if he can pull the scam off.

I'd love to know what his is thinking!

wasname

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic