SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Welcome New Member. Please Introduce Yourself here.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Heidi
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I used to get a lot of 419 scam emails when I was first on AOL in the late 1990s, but haven't seen any for a while though. Still looking around the site to see how things work around here.
I did recently help target a scammer who was contacting female members of a specific site through IMs, pretending to be an admin of the site, claiming that our accounts were being hacked, demanding that we send him our passwords immediately, or he would have to delete our accounts. They were always written in almost indecipherable broken English, when he we supposed to be a high level site employee in Los Angeles, but apparently some younger and newer girls fell for it, and ended up being blackmailed for nude photos in exchange for getting their account control back.
I had already read a private warning about him a few days before he contacted me by IM. At first he wanted me to switch to a different IM provider, which I couldn't access on my smartphone at the time. It was the second night he contacted me that he finally claimed my account was being hacked and to send him my password, and I played along, asking dumb questions for a little bit and finally ended with him seeming to lose his temper (by switching to all CAPS) and telling me that he had deleted my account (it's still there, untouched).
I think the reason he was first so intent on switching IM providers at first was that on the other one he had a fake name there that was supposed to look like it was from the site administration. He was not bright, and on the IM that I did communicate with him on, he even put up a small profile picture, and when I did a non-Google internet search, I found a post on a discussion board where he posted both the name from my IM and email provider, as well as an alternate email from the other IM and email provider that he had kept trying to switch to, but not the same screenname. I searched this third email name and it took me to a Facebook page of a guy in Turkey, whose picture looked just like the guy in the profile pic on my provider, and the name he was using with me even turned out to appear to be an abbreviated form of his real name. I gave my IM copies and the info I found online to my real site admin to give to their lawyers, but don't know if they have been able to do anything. He may still be operating, and maybe has switched to targeting a different site, but at least I have not heard about any other girls from my site getting IMs from the creep.

I have been reading through some of the threads, and have been laughing hysterically at some of the audio files. As I go through the site, I should be able to get a better idea if this is something I could help with.
Heidi
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome, Heidi. Very Happy I'm sure you will find something here you would like to help out with. Everyone seems to find their own niche or favorite baits to run. Phone lads, Fake Banks and Websites, Trunkbox, Charity, Cancer Lads, Craigslist Scammers, etc. Look around and try out a few things, and see what you like doing. Enjoy, and thanks for joining us. Smile

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
Texas419
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello, All

Greetings from Texas. I have been a member here before, but drifted away. I am back, and this time I stepped up to the plate and became a premium member right off the bat.

So, its time for Hugh Jass to find some lads and give 'em the old run around.
nosetweaker
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello everybody

I stumbled across this site about a year ago, somehow managed to lose two whole days of work reading the amazing exploits and then went cold turkey. Recently rediscovered the site, and decided to get stuck in. I have a couple of sites of my own, and appreciate the costs of keeping them going, so wanted to show my support by immediately signing up as a premium member.

I feel very much the newbie - there are so many experienced and amazingly inventive members and some of the baitings are awe inspiring.

I have a couple of lads on the hook, and am just feeling my way, taking it slowly - I am sure I will be on here for lots of help and advice, and probably some mentor support in a while.

Regards

nosetweaker
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome back, Texas419 and nosetweaker. Very Happy Thanks for your support by joining as Premium Members. Enjoy some of the perks in the Premium Forum. Coffee in the morning, and beer after noon on weekends. Smile

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome everyone! Very Happy

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Seamless
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Texas419 and nosetweaker

Welcome to 419eater
Visit eater university here
This
will help also.
Read the stickies, Bait Safe and most of all Have Fun !!

"You are a destinated Idiot. a fibol element, a rebel against humanity.

You are a goat. And very stupid. I will deal with you very soon, just wait, I have all your contact address, and I will trace you very soon, for insulting me, all evidence of your insult to me has been filed.

Lawyer M4nu3l told me that you could be one of this terrorist in the usa. and I later find out on my research on you, that you are one of the bastards in wherever you are. not even in usa."

Closed lad accounts

Safari< S4NI S4LISU Ghana to Togo
Safari< St3lla J0nta Cote d'Ivoire to Ghana
Easter Egg Whip Penguin Mortar Purple Flower Purple Flower Killer Baiter
baiterboy01
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Greetings,
Recently I came across an RV for sale on craigslist and (I am not too proud to admit) came close to actually sending in money before learning that it was all a scam. I guess my questioning got a little too uncomfortable for the scammer, who ceased communications with me. No matter; I created an alternate e-mail account and re-contacted the scammer, who now believes that I want to buy his non-existant RV.

Looking for ideas, I did a web search for "Fake moneygram receipts" and found this site. Very cool... lots of resources and ideas here! I love it!
writeon
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater, baiterboy01. Glad you avoided being scammed and subsequently found this site. Enjoy your stay and give the lads hell. Laughing

"MY FINANCE DEPARTMENT TOLD'S ME TODAY THAT THE WESTERN UNION FORM YOU SENT WAS NOT VALID AND ELUCID" - Dr Frank Johnson

THERE IS A MURDER CASE WHICH I ENGAGE MY SELF INTO TO MAKE SURE THE CLIENT IS NOT KILLED BY HANGING, BUT I THANK GOD TODAY THAT THE CLIENT SUCIDED IN GOING TO JAIL INSTEAD OF HANGING TO DEATH,THAT IS THE REASON WHY I DIDN,T GET BACK TO YOU SOON. - Mohammed Traore

PLEASE HELP ME BECAUSE AM BURNING I MEAN I AM IN BETWEEN THE DEVIL AND THE RED SEA PLEASE. - Ruth
HollyHigh
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome and welcome back Very Happy

- "You will die in penury and wild birds will feed on your remain. OOOOOOOOOOOOO your father and Mother are dead aminal in my pot of soup. I do not have words to qualify you anymore. Goat" - Very angry Haiti scammer R1chard Z33man <--- Extremely happy about this one!
dogandbone
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

just found the site today. im looking forward to baiting my first lad. i think i will be needing all the help i can get.
Fowan Nyne
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome Dogandbone.
All the help you can get is right here in Eater.
Don't be afraid to ask.
It might help if you sign up for a mentor. Thumbs up

Bait safe!

"Note I am very weak by straight"
"Did you want to cheat me or play on my intelligent?"
"All necessary preparation for the movement of the stool are in the pipe line" - Stan "the man" Agbley

Click here to see a proper scam

PreciousFire
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello
I just joined yesterday - posted a message about being tricked by an online dating scammer on EHarmony. After being on EH for only a week, they emailed me to say that they terminated him. That led me to stumble upon this site, which is very informative. I really like this site, people are very supportive (and funny too Very Happy ). I am having fun and learning a lot.
Agent1002
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've been reading and following several threads on several sites and getting a pretty good feel for all the baiting. I finaly subscribed and I'm setting up a persona and other tools. I'm still trying to get VOIP set up. Ekiga locks up on me, so I have some debugging to do. I'm looking into getting a regular SIP adapter to use with it so a regular telephone and answering machine can be used. I'm currently doing some field recording and making MP3 files of a busy office, construction equipment, home life with a TV and children etc. This will simply be played as ambient background noise when on the phone by using a small MP3 player to loop 15 minute samples.

I have picked up a few of the spare emails and sent off some replies. So far, i've only gotten one bounce from a closed account. Are lads normally slow in replying? Maybe I need to send better replies. Wink

I do have mail accounts in several countries to hopefully get a safari. I checked the headers. They don't reveal that I'm not in the country when I use the webmail interface. Nice tool to have. Wink

Internet Security Team

Agent 1002
Dramaqueen
Juan's stalker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome new family. Grab a lad and start putting a hurtin on em. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

@Texas419 I can't wait to see what Hugh Jass does to some lads. Laughing

"why are you stingy over me" Craig
"you are causin me much frustration" Frustrated lad...
"stop makin me feel like mess and shit" Craig
"if not i will fall off from a cliff and God will kick your bud for murdering " Diamond Mo
" shot the fuck up you silly irrational bitch" V1ctor
"they make jest of me cus they tthink i am waisting my time and money talking to you" Ted
Click here to support 419Eater.com
amok
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello boards. How are you? Oh good. Very Happy

I've been baiting for a few years now and have developed a few bizarre alter-egos with unlikely names and even more unlikely lives from a quack doctor with a nasty habit of killing his patients to a vicar in charge of a home for deaf dwarves who really shouldn't be allowed near children.

Lately my efforts have been in the direction of telephone contacts as it's so rewarding to hear them go nuts when they find out they've been had.

My ex-partner is a graphic artist and a valuable source of <ahem> evaluation </ahem> software like Photoshop and CorelDraw so I spend many a happy hour producing ludicrously unbelievable documents to drive my lads up the wall.

I live with my dogs in the North of England and really should get out more Laughing
propwash
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

To see who else is here. I'm propwash, and I just decided to get into the scambaiting thing. I get so many of those stupid e-mails, I figured why not get into the fun of messing with those "maroons"!

(insert evil laugh here)
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was sent for "propwash" over 30 years ago. Laughing Welcome to Eater.

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Pastor Frank wrote:
I was sent for "propwash" over 30 years ago. Laughing Welcome to Eater.

LOL!!

Thanks Pastor Frank.
Scam Ninja
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey everyone,

I'm not quite new but I haven't been around this forum for nearly a year now. Just wanted to say hello again. I've picked up a new lad for my second baiting session. This should be fun Very Happy

Can't wait to wreak some more havoc in the life of yet another mugu...

Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

jdeezy
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

New to this forum. I was shown this site by a friend who heard about scambaiters on the PRI podcast. After hearing what scambaiters do to real scammers I was amazed and very interested in particiapting. So I joined the forum today, signed 3 guestbooks using my fake email, and 5 mnutes later ( seriously it was 5 minutes) BAM I had an email from a Mr. Martins Greg about 15 Million US dollars and so forth. I am looking forward to hopefully baiting this scammer succesfully and wouldn't mind be mentored by anyone who wishes to help. I think that these scammers are heartless and what they are doing is wrong, but I think what you baiters are doing is great. Why not screw with them when thats all they are trying to do to unsuspecting people. SCAMBAITERS RULE and a applaud you all. Looking forward to baiting with you all, and I have already had a good time just reading about some of your baits.
Dramaqueen
Juan's stalker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome jdeezy! Very Happy
Glad to hear you are joining us and you have a great attitude. Make sure you bait safe (no personal info given to scammers).

You can apply for a mentor here:
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=122306

Do be patient while waiting for a mentor , it takes a little while to get one usually.
If you have any questions you need answered right away just ask. We love to help. Very Happy

"why are you stingy over me" Craig
"you are causin me much frustration" Frustrated lad...
"stop makin me feel like mess and shit" Craig
"if not i will fall off from a cliff and God will kick your bud for murdering " Diamond Mo
" shot the fuck up you silly irrational bitch" V1ctor
"they make jest of me cus they tthink i am waisting my time and money talking to you" Ted
Click here to support 419Eater.com
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Anyone seen Steward in here? Laughing

-----------
Closed lad accounts x13 Goat Easter Egg Mortar x3 x4 Elite Ninja Team Member

We are Karma's soldiers.
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Mugu Gold</a>

I must be cruel, only to be kind:
Thus bad begins and worse remains behind.
-Hamlet, scene iv

Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^Heck no, you want his corona? Wink

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic