SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Welcome New Member. Please Introduce Yourself here.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome new members. Glad to have you aboard. Very Happy

@Gerty - Drop those scammers if they have any of your real life details.

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
7thwatch
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

hi everyone. Someone recently tried to scam me through craigslist. I'm no fool so I saw it coming a mile away, but when I stumbled upon this site I thought you guys were doing some genius work here. Why not @$% with the little buggers and make their lives as miserable as possible!
Gerty Foster
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SlapHappy wrote:

@Gerty - Drop those scammers if they have any of your real life details.

unfortunatelly they have Slap, but I won´t make it easy to them...at least for those money I have sent, I´ll get some fun with steppin´ on their back Twisted Evil
Branwen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Gerty. There is a lot of difference between being a victim of scammers (and I'm sorry to hear that you were) and baiting scammers. Of course you want revenge, but you are also putting yourself in danger. Scammers don't like their time wasted. And these scammers may have friends or relatives in your country, in easy travelling distance of where you live. You are dealing with criminals, and you don't know where these particular criminals draw the line.

If you want to bait, then please open an anonymous webmail account with a fake name and false details, and with no connection to your real self. You could bait your own scammers from the beginning again from there (though remember that your fake person must NOT know the 'real you' at all), but I wouldn't advise it. Your personal feelings can so easily lead you into errors. It would be better to offer those scammers to other people to bait, and for you to obtain some different ones for your own baiting.

Please check out this link about safe baiting:

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137846#7

It is your first time to use western union so therefore none can blame you. It is always like this at the first experience. - Yes lad, and at the second, and the third... you'll see.

I don't want to guess the number - But, lad, isn't that the best fun to be had with MoneyGram reference numbers?
sweetcheeks
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi, My nom de guerre here will remain Jim Lahey.
I've been interested in getting into the scam baiting thing for a while now, but yesterday sealed it for me: my gmail and facebook accounts were hacked, and used for phishing. Fortunately, nobody sent any money to my poor other self, who'd been mugged during an unplanned trip to London, and needed a few thousand dollars to settle the hotel bill and pay for a taxi.
I'm sure I'll learn much from all of you, and maybe I'll be able to add my own brand of idiocy.
I do have to ask though: was it really necessary to change my name to sweetcheeks? I mean, I do have some great butt cheeks, but it may be a bit much.
jose_cuervo
Baiting Guru

Location: Packing Vaseline in my frilly boots, I can’t help if it gets in other places.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

/\/\/\ I'll change it to something else, just let me know what you prefer. Laughing

“I guess a man is the only kind of varmint sets his own trap, baits it, and then steps in it.” ~ John Steinbeck
Mac
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi all, Newbie to the forum but been browsing the hints n tips for a while now.
Done a bit of baiting mainly when I'm working away in Africa. It gets boring at night, stuck in the hotel, missing my family so for a little light releif I try to get them to go to the Zenith Bank or Western Union at lunch time so it's nice and busy!
Last one was in Feb 2010. I was working in Nigeria for 2 weeks but my the nights can fly by when your having fun!

Regards to all

Mac
Gullible Joe
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A.T.Tappman wrote:
Hello folks! I'm here because I'm an evil bastard. Twisted Evil

And hey - why not use that for good while I'm at it?

I like that , it is self contradictory but I like it. I can see you in a pastor role .

Gerty Foster
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Branwen wrote:
Hi Gerty. There is a lot of difference between being a victim of scammers (and I'm sorry to hear that you were) and baiting scammers. Of course you want revenge, but you are also putting yourself in danger. Scammers don't like their time wasted. And these scammers may have friends or relatives in your country, in easy travelling distance of where you live. You are dealing with criminals, and you don't know where these particular criminals draw the line.

If you want to bait, then please open an anonymous webmail account with a fake name and false details, and with no connection to your real self. You could bait your own scammers from the beginning again from there (though remember that your fake person must NOT know the 'real you' at all), but I wouldn't advise it. Your personal feelings can so easily lead you into errors. It would be better to offer those scammers to other people to bait, and for you to obtain some different ones for your own baiting.

Please check out this link about safe baiting:

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137846#7

Thank you for your advices,

I will listen to it Wink and I will be careful also with further communication. I ´m not so angry with them cause of what they did...more with myself that I was stupid enough...anyway, I can quit communication any time Smile
IcanhazScamburgerz
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi there,
I am IcanhazScamburgerz (you can call me Allen, it's not my real name, but everyone calls me Allen, so...) and i am an absolute newbie Scambaiter. I found this forum because i was almost scammed, while i tried to sell my car. I cancelled all contact to the scammer after i realized that he had no interest in my car but only in my money. After researching a bit on the topic i found out that there are people (that is you) who gently caress with the time and ressources of the scammers and i absolutely want to be a part of that and annoy some of those lovely lads.

A little bit about me: I am mid 20 and from Germany (so please excuse if my English isn't perfect.)

So, i already set up a dedicated baiting email account (yahoomail, i hope that one is safe?) and got a lad to play with. He wants to transfer a lot of money out of his bank into my account and share 50%...you know the stories, i'm sure. I'll just try a simple bait on him without the fancy stuff i already read about on the forums.
Bart Fargo
Corporate Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ (Quote removed; quoted post is immediately above - Branwen)

Welcome aboard!! If you like get a mentor too

Back_Trace
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Morning.

Not much to say except hi, and I look forward to learning the fine arts of scambaiting from you all.

Got myself a nice anonymous, disposable e-mail address or three to play with and everything. ^_^
Captain Koek
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi, I'm a new member here. I finally registered after lurking for many, many years, admiring all the work that is done here.
The trigger to register was a letter that my brother got in the mail.
It's an obvious NOK format if you know how to recognize it.
It also carries all the marks of being translated by software into our local language.
Fortunately my brother found out that is was a scam before a request for payment was done.
First thing I did when I got hold of the letter was to post it on scamwarners.

If all is well, I should appear in orange, a proper color for the country I'm living in.

Because I'm currently inbetween jobs, I now have some time to make an attempt at baiting myself.
I've read all the stickies and a large part of Eater Uni, set up some anonymous e-mail accounts and am ready to dive in.

"I am waiting" (x13) - impatient lad

* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here or here to donate
Ima is the best! (Rover's a close second now)
Branwen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Back_Trace and Captain Koek - Welcome!

It is your first time to use western union so therefore none can blame you. It is always like this at the first experience. - Yes lad, and at the second, and the third... you'll see.

I don't want to guess the number - But, lad, isn't that the best fun to be had with MoneyGram reference numbers?
ghanaking
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi everybody.... part timer here, probably goin full time now ive found this forum !
bravo95
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

to get started! Looks like fun and I would love to waste some low life scamers time. My company fell victum to a scam so I am ready for some payback.
Rover
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to 419Eater. Glad to have you on board.

Latest Anti Fraud News | Email Header Analysis | Help keep Eater running | Join 419Eater on Facebook Easter 2015
johnnylever
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm new, I've been lurking for a while but have finally decided to take the leap and have a crack at this baiting lark!
phantazmis
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm new also, I've been baiting for a few months since I found out it actually existed. Several years ago I was almost scammed but luckily got suspicious before I lost any money.

life is about keep getting rich or die trying. - love ladette, randomly in a an unrelated Yahoo chat.
luthi
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi all.

After months of unemployment and the majority of responses to job posting being scams, I've decided to join the cause.

Been hearing about scam baiting for a while and this isn't my first visit to your site. A long time lurker. But now that I have extra time and more than enough drive to annoy the bottom rung of scum who prey on people looking for legitimate work during times of trouble.

Have my fake name, gmail address and google voice number ready.
DungDigger
frivolous bustard

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello all you bright shiny new baiters! Welcome to the fold .. and kiss your lives goodbye Twisted Evil

Seriously, have fun, bait safe, read the stickies and Eater U, get a mentor, and make those scammerlads wish they'd never ever set eyes on a computer and had taken up knitting instead Twisted Evil

@hris Madi Good measure press down shaken together running over shall men lay unto your bosom Shocked
Mrs L*g@d: Please don't make us look stupid in the face of our colleauges okay
Mr L*g@d: I will like you to know that we love you okay
publicpersonel
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am new to this sight. I have been playing around with these fun guys for quite a while, but im just now realllllllly geting into it. Got any suggestions on the best place to post your email as bait???
Branwen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi publicpersonel and welcome to Eater!

If you would like scam mails galore - add your email address here:

http://www.419baiter.com/guestbook/

You will want a dedicated 'catcher' email account to receive them, though, because you will receive so many that they would make your regular baiting account a complete mess!

For instant lads, however, take your pick from our Surplus forum.

Mr. Pitt
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi,

Just registered yesterday, so I'm a real newbie on this forum.
I'm also still a newbie at baiting. I've teamed up with a mentor thanks to the "cherrie mentor program" which is nice.

At this moment I'm trying hard to hook some Lads. I will keep you posted about my progress.

Oh, and all tips and tricks are welcome Wink
Tash
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater, Mr Pitt. I liked you especially in Fight Club!

Happy baiting and stay safe.

YOU A STUPID BITCH,I WILL KILLMALL OF YOU,I WANT YOU TO STOP CONTACT WITH MR GOMER ANDF MR WILLIE,AND YOU INSULT ME.... I WILL COME SEE YOU TONIGHT!!!!!!! - Harold Shipman

God will make you die quickly for making me have pains . - Alfred Taylor
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic