SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Wanted - 35 people to give my lad one digit of 4 MTCNs.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
wasname
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've got a bait going where my lad is rather stupid and has phoned my expensive Flextel 070 number on 127 occasions - not all answered I would admit. So I think getting him to phone 35 more different people might be possible.

My basic plan is this.

* A club will pay him about $16000 for amateur radio related equipment.
* The scammer has suggested this is split into 4 Western Union transactions. He obviously knows there's a limit on a single transaction.
* The club secretary will make the 4 payments, but for security reasons will not give him the digits via phone or email.
* She will contact 40 people and give them one digit of one of the 4 MTCNs.
* The lad will phone around collecting digits.
* When he has almost all of them, the secretary and the people having the remaining numbers all get killed in a car crash.

So my lad is left in the position of having made 35 phone calls, but does not have all the digits of any single MTCN. Twisted Evil

If those people can spend a lot of time looking for the bit of paper, so he has to ring them back, then it would add to his costs.

Anyone willing to help? If so, drop me a private message.

wasname
View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerSkype Name
Morgain Le Fay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

How completely is the lad "hooked"? If he is not really "hooked" he might twig.

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
Click here to support 419Eater.com
US Dropbox

"You people are all Junks" - Miss E. Kabx

"Maybe you are insane as your so called sat..." Barrister Insane

The website below is available for Eater folks to use.
Film & Production Needs
wasname
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Morgain Le Fay wrote:
How completely is the lad "hooked"? If he is not really "hooked" he might twig.

I'm pretty sure he is hooked. I don't think he will twig, but he might become a bit suspicious. But I don't believe that him being suspicious will ultimately stop him from collecting all the digits.

He did get suspicious early on over something, when he could not find a radio hams callsign on a site www.qrz.com. I managed to convince him that not all hams are listed. This is in fact true, but he took some convincing. But since then, I think he has become hooked.

Of course, I may be wrong, and he might twig and call it a day, but I don't think so. He really is stupid. I'm sure other baits will be harder, but so far my first bait seems to be going OK, albeit a bit slow.

wasname.
View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerSkype Name
Morgain Le Fay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^ You don't need to quote the response right above the one you are responding to. Just use the ^^^ or /\ /\ /\

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
Click here to support 419Eater.com
US Dropbox

"You people are all Junks" - Miss E. Kabx

"Maybe you are insane as your so called sat..." Barrister Insane

The website below is available for Eater folks to use.
Film & Production Needs
vonpaso xlura
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Do we have to have a forwarded or otherwise hidden number?

×186
Safari Accra - SH Cotonou
you are a fake people so do not ever write to me again.
Am mad at you right now ... Am tired of your questions ... Am sick and tire you and your bank
Nigerian pig . go swallow a grenade idiot. Boko Haram will solve your problem idiot .
you are big fool by send a fake payment information and never you contact me again asshole .
your passgae bearing your ATM CATD ... Ant Terrorist Certificate ... legal verterbrate ... expartiate your meaning ... gets to your dwaignted address ... successful ofghw transfer
wasname
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

vonpaso xlura wrote:
Do we have to have a forwarded or otherwise hidden number?

Well, what I do, and I think this is pretty normal, is you set up an account (such as Flextel in the UK), which forwards to any number, including mobiles in the UK. The scammer pays to ring Flextel - it costs me nothing to receive the calls. Flextel is about the most expensive option for a scammer which he will be able to ring from most places. I guess if he rings from his home phone he will be able to ring a more expensive number, but these are estimated to be about 50p/minute (around $0.75/minute)

I set my mobile phone up so when the call gets forwarded from my Flextel account, I'm aware of thisr. It shows up "xxxx yyy", so I know to answer "Hello, this is xxxx" rather than give my correct name.

It would be very unwise to give your normal home phone or mobile number. But redirection via some service you can change whenever you want is nice.

You need to find some service which can forward the calls. For the UK Flextel works, but I'm not sure what services exist in other countries. I'm sure if you ask on here (I suggest on another thread), you will get an answer.

I could easily set up 35 Flextel accounts and direct them all to my one mobile. But as stupid as my lad is, I'm sure he would reconise my voice if I answered each call. Hence I need some others to answer the calls and give him a digit of the MTCN.

wasname.
wasname
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Morgain Le Fay wrote:
^^^^ You don't need to quote the response right above the one you are responding to. Just use the ^^^ or /\ /\ /\

If that's the case, that is pretty unique to this forum. I've never come across this practice elsewhere. I think quoting a small amount of the text improves readability.

wasname.
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ no need to quote complete posts routinely. We try to discourage it because if we don't we'd end up with loooooooooooooong posts of nested replies, images and all, which makes for messy reading and heavy bandwidth issues. using ^ just reduces the rat's nest effect which you see so often on other message boards. Hope this clarifies things Smile

BartRazor
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I could help you, though I'm not from UK and I can't get my flextel forward to my number. And I think that 35 is a bit too much.

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^
Since you are not in the UK, is there a similar system to the FleXtel in your country? I asked a similar question on the thread " What services like Flextel exist, but which are not UK based"

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=206489

and have so far got zero responses.

It seems we are lucky in the UK with FleXtel, but I find it hard to believe other countries don't have similar services.

Perhaps 35 is too many. It does not look like I'll get 35 offers anyway, but I have about 3 or 4 people offering to take a telephone call. Perhaps I can get 4 people to give him some digits from 4 MTCNs, but get him to ring them on different days, so he rings them more than once to get all the information he needs.

We will have to see how it pans out.

wasname
next victim
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This needs to be tested by someone with more knowledge and blocks than I have. It is a redirect for UK numbers- http://www.uknumber.co.uk/
wasname
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

http://www.uknumber.co.uk/ looks a better bet than FlexTel, as the http://www.uknumber.co.uk/ numbers can be redirected to any country. As far as I know, that's not the case with Flextel unless one pays the cost of the redirection.

If looks like anyone in the world could set up an 070 UK number, redirect that to their phone in the USA, Germany or wherever, and the caller pay the charges.

wasname
BartRazor
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^
Thanks for the uknumber.co.uk page, it took like a few minutes to register and do all the stuff. Had to pay little bit money for international call to activate it but it didn't took more than minute so It's okay. Just need anyone to test it. If anyone from UK can ring me, let me know, I'll hit you up with my number on pm. I wouldn't answer that call of course.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I didn't know that was a pay service. I'm sorry for that!
next victim
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Untested, but possibly a pisser for the kiddies!

http://www.payphone-directory.org/
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic