SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Newbie botches first bait. :(

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
johnson3000
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I had a couple of scammers contact me in regards to an apt I have for rent. Since I wasn't too familiar with the apt scam thing it took me a couple of emails to be certain that it was scammers.

While they kept asking for my phone number to discuss the details of them sending prepaid rent, I obviously didn't want to send any personal info so I sent an email crafted like a typical fake Landlord scammer:

Quote:
Hello,

I am pleased that you will be taking the apartment. I hope that you will be able to inspect the apartment as soon as possible so you can see for yourself how beautiful it is. The rental process will be done through my legal representative, Mr Jean Guy Boofon. You will not send any funds to me. The rental is safe and secure: If you want to rent the apartment all you have to do is wire $4,185 CDN (3 months rent) via Western Union to Mr. Jean Guy Boofon. The funds should be sent to Mr. Boofon via the Western Union office.

Once Mr. Boofon has confirmed reception of the funds via Western Union, the signed lease and keys to access the apartment will be mailed to you the same day. You will have 5 days to inspect the apartment and review the lease. If you decide not to rent the apartment you will get the money back the same day you return the keys and paperwork. If you decide to rent the apartment all you have to do is sign the lease, fax it, and confirm that you have decided to rent the apartment so the deposit can be released to me.

At present I am out of the country and but Mr. Boofon will be pleased to show you the apartment once the required funds and signed lease documents are received. By your emails I can tell that you are a professional and honest applicant, and I anxiously look forward to receiving your deposit and having your family as tenants. Please send the funds immediately so Mr Boofon can reserve the apartment for you. I wouldn't want you to miss out on such a great opportunity.

Regards,

GJ

They responded with one last wimpy request for a phone number then bailed after I again requested the wire transfer. While it was fun to razz them a bit, I now wish I'd baited them into sending their bogus money order and dragged the thing out. Confused

They sent me all kinds of contact numbers and, of course I have their emails if any experienced baiters would like to have some fun with them. Smile
username14
Please Taunt and Ridicule Me

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

First off, welcome to Eater!

Second, it is good they dropped you. One of the things you will hear here over and over is to Bait Safe. This means keeping your baiting persona(s) and your real life separate.

It may be cathartic to "get back" at people trying to cheat you, but it has the potential to put you in a dangerous situation. You have to remember while they seem very stupid, these are criminals. Best thing you can do is drop someone like that and pick up a fresh lad from the surplus section here to vent your frustration on.

That said, I hope you stick around and learn our ways. Check out the stickies and apply for a mentor if you really want to get some of these scammers steaming. Most of all, have fun!

Offering baiting tools and taking requests at http://un14.webs.com (Updated: 8/6/11)
doc holliday
Squirrels Hate Me

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to the asylum!We all start somewhere and we all make mistakes.Read through the stickies,grab a fresh lad from surplus and have at it.

You have given me enough stress through the shit you sent to me
Jack the hitlad

What you sent to me is not real, don't you fucking understand simple english, that is not real slip from money gram, I have been using money gram before now, FUCK YOU. IDIOT. PLAY YOUR GAME WELL. MASTER OF ALL PLAYERS
Jack,the hitlad who keeps giving me fresh sig lines

Closed lad accounts x35 x2 Easter Egg 2012
buried under 419 emails
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to eater,

Baiting is an art that’s learned by reading (the stickies), mentoring, and finding out what works best for you.

BTW you are not using any Real Life information? If so don’t.

"Any money you send to Africa to receive your payment is at your own risk " David Mark

over 1,000 fakes deaded since Oct 2005. This is my current rampage! Mortar x6 Easter Egg 2011 Purple Flower
Eliza_Doolittle
"Warned for lad hugging"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We all were there at one point or another. It's a learning experience, but after a while, you will get the hang of it.

vLad's ebay auction states "Wonderful seller! Thinks "out of the box" to get item to you."
<br>
starstar Ghana Easter Egg 2013

Vcamera <a href="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrsRobinson419"> Click to see the videos Ed sent me.</a><br>
<A href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/index.html"> Eliza's lad quotes, photos, and audio files</a>
Mortar x12
*this sig icon has been censored* <br><a href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/809104_ML.pdf" > click here</a> for a Bank Account Transfer Form.
Golden Pith
johnson3000
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the welcome and the advice. Very Happy I think I'll read, watch, and learn before getting my feet wet. The Safari baits are about the best things I've ever read. Awesome stuff! Laughing
dr stephen williams
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As everyone has said, Bait Safe! Then, after that, have fun! This is an addictive hobby.

I chased away most of my early baits with my eagerness to get them to safari. Stick with it, and it will happen. Join mass baits as they are a great way to learn from other baiters and make friends. I met Bohigal on the Binke Insurance Massbait, for example, and she is just about the bees knees of baiters, and a stellar human being, too.

Hi Eliza!!!!!!!

Golden Pith x2 Safari x7 Tattoo x7 Closed lad accounts Mortar Vcamera Sand Timer x6 Team Turd Lgs-Dla Bnn-Lbra Acra-Dkar Dkr-Bnjul- Dkr-Tmbktu-Abche-Adre-N'djmna Lgos-Cairo-Aswn-Jail Ctnu-Lgos Ctnu-acra Lgos-Jbrg-Drbn-Prt-Elzbth-CT-Sprngbk-CT-Drbn-CT-Hrre-Lska-DsSlm-Mmbsa-Nirbi-Kmpla 28,510 Miles
Golden Pith Safari x2 Tattoo x6 Vcamera Sand Timer x4 Team Woody Acra-Sngpre Acra-Dkr-Rsso-Bmko Acra-Ctnu
Safari Lgos-Dkr-Rsso Sand Timer Vcamera (wKLG)
Safari x22 SS Sand Timer x3 United Kingdom United States Nigeria x303 : Closed lad accounts pyramid Mortar
Nurse Nastys Audi TTpony Whip Mc Fry Jack Boot
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic