SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

EMERGENCY -Mom just invested in a scam- YOUR HELP MATTERS!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
rossclads
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi - My mom just invested in a scam involving Iraqi dinar (d i n a r t r a d e . c o m ) a couple days and just informed me. The only good news is they are going to honor her request of a refund BUT only a small fraction of the amount she invested. I have written her a brief email to copy/paste to them in an attempt to get a FULL refund and would be extremely appreciative if an experienced member could offer a critique of the brief email (its well written in my opinion)

Reply and I will PM you the brief details and the email for your editing/critique.

I'd like to have her send it by tomorrow morning, I'll be online tonight refreshing my messages here and the thread for replies.

Your help really can make a big difference for our family, I mean it.
Will give full updates. And even give your email address to my mom if you'd like- you'd definitely receive a big heartfelt thank you (she's been in tears today) Bad day.

Overwhelming appreciation in advance,
Ross

Last edited by rossclads on Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
internationalchrysis
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Happy to have a look, dunno what I can do for you, but hey, it's worth a shot

Safari x1 (Senegal to Gambia)
"You can go now and f*ck yourself with a donkey or horse because you really need to be f*cked by a donkey or horse"
(George Michael's brother Frank/Frannypoo)

"You are a dead meat!"
(Léon the (Not so) Professional)

Closed lad accounts (19 in total:
x2 Léon the (not so) Professional. x4 Via Swindler's list. x4 Via Will and Grace the Law Firm. x3 *Hitman, x1 Hitman: The sequel!, , x1 Haiti scam, x1 The Bimbo (via Umbongo Chambers),
x1 Rita the ETA eater, x1 Via Team Doughnut, x1 Via Prince Emaka, x4 via the Nazis)
rossclads
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

PMing now, thank you
TaleSpinner
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

On the plus side, dinartrade.com seems to be an actual US business. Domain was registered in 2004, which matches company info. They have a presence on google, joined the BBB in 2007. Even had a mention in USA Today at some point, talking about perfectly legal currency exchanges: http://www.usatoday.com/money/world/2004-08-03-dinars_x.htm. So you should have a few options. I'm not a lawyer, so I have no real idea what can be done, but if they have acted in bad faith then you may want to consult one.

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yea thank you for your advice and research - they're operating legally no doubt - but a look at their T&Cs will make you laugh.

I've done some due diligence and found out the similar, it might be arguable for me to refer to it as a scam- as there still is that 0.00000000000000000001% chance that an exorbitant investment in Iraqi dinar will result in waking one morning to be a multimillionaire.

If worst comes to worst, legal consult will be the final attempt at resolution.

Thank you so much,
Ross
rossclads
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

internationalchrysis has been immensely helpful in aiding to resolve this situation. Will update what's to come and continue to receive with appreciation any further input and advice. Signing off now until the morning.

Thank you all so much. I'm really happy to have stumbled across this community.

I've been a long time unregistered browser, toying successfully with 419 scammers (largely in thanks to tips/advice/inspiration/&tools received here), and now the community here has given so, so much more.

Thank you again and again
and again
rossclads
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My mom gets these conference call notifications...

https://app.freeconferencecallhd.com/playback.html?cn=94-43-28-63&e=1279857600000&cid=conferences/27-17-65-6725-17-65-6734-17-65-675689-17-65-673-17-65-6745-17-65-67694440.mp3

^
DISGUSTING
gerald.fird
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Could you PM the details of your situation to me?

Safari Mrs. CHIPIWA MAZIVA - Johannesburg to Cape Town - 1800 miles round-trip

"IDIOT DEY FOOL YOURSELF........ YOU NON GET WORK DATS WHY U DE FIND FOLLOW UP..... ILLITERATE
TAKE MY ID MAKE U ADD ME

MAKE I SHOW U MY WEBMAIL... U WILL NO DAT AM NOT HUNGRY... HUNGER GO KILL UR GENERATION"
dara11
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I just want to say thank you for the information.
It is very valuable for me..newbie here and encountering the same situation.
Thanks and keep up the good work..
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic