SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

Getting Started - Some Questions from a Noob

View next topic
View previous topic

BarryDHatchet
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As I mentioned in the "Post Here When You Join" section, I have received scam emails for a few years now and as part of my job, I am charged with deleting them. I've never answered one until now and the ones I answered so far have come from the Surplus thread so as not to be tracked back to my place of work... Safe baiting and all. I have read much of the University stuff and have signed up for and received a mentor.

I do have some questions though and rather than just PMing my mentor, I think I'll post it here so that others can get the benefit of the answers.

1. I've responded to a few items out of the Surplus section. Are we to "claim" them so nobody else takes them or are they open to anyone?

2. When responding back, how much info do you start with? I've sent a couple long-winded replies giving a bit of a back-story, and I have replied with a sentence or two. Which one is best? Can too much info scare a lad off?

3. I haven't reached this point yet but as most baits end up using some sort of form or request for information, is there a place these are created? I've seen the 10-page WU and MG forms with the list of ever-so useful questions. Where do these come from?

4. What is a normal conversion ratio? I have sent probably 5 responses out and have only received back 2. They are very slow to respond. You'd think with such a big fish on the end of their line, they'd reply back sooner!

5. Where is the most appropriate place to post a bait in progress to ask for pointers?

I love the stalling techniques I've seen so far and have a few ideas in mind for my character(s). I can't wait to share!
bravo95
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello BarryDHatchet

First off Welcome!

1) These lads are free for all to enjoy!

2) "I'm Interested please tell me more" then followed up with a single question. I usually wait until the lad is well off script before getting to involved with a storyline. Fact is most lads do not read your initial emails and only forward the next part of their script. It take a few rounds of questions before they really read what you write.

3) Lots of stuff found here http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=151052

4) I would say 2 out of 5 is about right. Lots of reasons for lads not replying. One could be your long winded emails Laughing that is not really how a real victim would reply and they may just think your a joker. Lads also are lazy, loose boxes, run out of money for the internet cafe and get busy with other victims. Also do not expect too many replies over the weekend few work then.

5) If you have an on going bait best place to post for help is here.
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=12

If you want to publish a bait do it here
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=10

Have fun and bait safe!

Closed lad accounts Goat Golden Goat  Mc Fry Pole Dancer Mortar  Tattoo Easter Egg 2011

Vcamera Off to see the wizard!

United States United Kingdom Nigeria Ghana

Sand Timer Shortstuff

Safari Brother Mike co-bait with NWM : Agbor, Nigeria to Douala
Safari Brother Mike again with the help of Juan and [email protected] : Agbor to Abuja
Safari Pastor Clet Star Wars Safari Accra-Bauchi Co-Bait with NWM and the Rebels 
Safari Justice my [email protected] Elecric1ty lad Accra to Tamale with the help of [email protected] and Juan
Safari Operation "Lagos spy" 
Safari The Dynamic Dumbasses 
Bait It Up
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
1. I've responded to a few items out of the Surplus section. Are we to "claim" them so nobody else takes them or are they open to anyone?

As far as I know, they are open to anyone. This is why I rarely use the surplus emails. I figure if lads have lots of "victims" (ie baiters) talking to them at once, they are less likely to jump through hoops for you. If you are the only "victim" the lad has on the line, they are more likely to go the extra mile for you. At least that's my theory. So I handpick all my lads from my own catcher account.

Quote:
2. When responding back, how much info do you start with? I've sent a couple long-winded replies giving a bit of a back-story, and I have replied with a sentence or two. Which one is best? Can too much info scare a lad off?

Early on the lads don't pay much attention to your response, if any at all. My original email is a short "Hey I'm interested" type deal. Then after that I give a little back story but don't waste too much time on something they aren't likely to read anyway.

Quote:
3. I haven't reached this point yet but as most baits end up using some sort of form or request for information, is there a place these are created? I've seen the 10-page WU and MG forms with the list of ever-so useful questions. Where do these come from?

Baits don't necessarily have to go this direction (mine rarely do), but they certainly can be fun for the baiter and frustrating for the lads. I don't have the links off hand but you can also always make up your own forms. Just whip something up in Microsoft Word and stick a logo on it. Write up whatever ridiculous questions you want. I've done this before earlier on in my baiting career.

Quote:
4. What is a normal conversion ratio? I have sent probably 5 responses out and have only received back 2. They are very slow to respond. You'd think with such a big fish on the end of their line, they'd reply back sooner!

I'd say a 40% reply rate is pretty good. I usually send out about 20+ emails to the lads I find in my catcher account, and typically only get a handful of replies.

Quote:
5. Where is the most appropriate place to post a bait in progress to ask for pointers?

The Scambaiting Helps, Hints, and Tips Forum.

"17,000, usd is a chicken penny so fuck you off."

"Please don't write me anylonger because there's no reason for any more communication since you have messed everything up and i cannot continue to waste my time wtih a BASTARD like you. If you hadn't foolishly exposed your plan to that fellow fool of yours this problems wouldn't have arised so who are to blame I or You?"

"This is the reason why I get angry over you and call you names because you always peace me off.You will never listen to simple instruction"

Closed lad accounts X18 Easter Egg
BarryDHatchet
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

anyone have luck with Google Voice for a phone number? Is it traceable to the forwarding number at all? Anything to watch for?
Vampiremerchant
Terrible Joker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree with Bravo... Laughing

Good reply.

Closed lad accounts x 35 Easter Egg

Mortar x 100

Thailand (with thanks to Nigel Tuffnel)
Thailand United Kingdom
Thailand
Thailand
Thailand

My dear Brother , if I have to you to scam you, May the WROGHT of GOD be upon me and my generation
bravo95
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

BarryDHatchet wrote:
anyone have luck with Google Voice for a phone number? Is it traceable to the forwarding number at all? Anything to watch for?

I use GV and like it. Sometimes I forward it to my RL mobile and sometimes no depending if I actualy want to talk to the lad. Only caution is to make sure your GV VM is set to less rings than your RL cell VM so the lad gets your GV VM message instead of your real one. Wink

Closed lad accounts Goat Golden Goat  Mc Fry Pole Dancer Mortar  Tattoo Easter Egg 2011

Vcamera Off to see the wizard!

United States United Kingdom Nigeria Ghana

Sand Timer Shortstuff

Safari Brother Mike co-bait with NWM : Agbor, Nigeria to Douala
Safari Brother Mike again with the help of Juan and [email protected] : Agbor to Abuja
Safari Pastor Clet Star Wars Safari Accra-Bauchi Co-Bait with NWM and the Rebels 
Safari Justice my [email protected] Elecric1ty lad Accra to Tamale with the help of [email protected] and Juan
Safari Operation "Lagos spy" 
Safari The Dynamic Dumbasses 
Dr Venture
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Bait It Up wrote:
Quote:

As far as I know, they are open to anyone. This is why I rarely use the surplus emails. I figure if lads have lots of "victims" (ie baiters) talking to them at once, they are less likely to jump through hoops for you. If you are the only "victim" the lad has on the line, they are more likely to go the extra mile for you. At least that's my theory. So I handpick all my lads from my own catcher account.

This is actually one of the better reasons for grabbing lads out of the surplus forum; the more Baiters that he's dealing with, the less time he'll have for actual victims. It amusing to think that there's some lad in a cafe in Lagos talking to no one but baiters, and desperately trying to understand why he's not getting paid.

Quote:
Quote:

Baits don't necessarily have to go this direction (mine rarely do), but they certainly can be fun for the baiter and frustrating for the lads. I don't have the links off hand but you can also always make up your own forms. Just whip something up in Microsoft Word and stick a logo on it. Write up whatever ridiculous questions you want. I've done this before earlier on in my baiting career.

Indeed. There are a lot of things you can do before sending a form. Forget to attach it, tell the lad that it's there (when it isn't), type a plain text "attachment.jpg" at the end of your message, or add a warning message that the attachment was removed by an anti-virus or anti-terrorist agency. These are always the lad's fault. If you're straight-baiting, I'd be careful with this one, as we want the delays to be as plausible as possible. These can work with forms lads send you too, after you've exhausted all the stalling tactics you can before getting ready to "send" them back.

I will bring the heat down on you so hard you wont even know what hit you. Just relax and wait for the authorities to get to you. --Jackson Momoh, after learning I blew his money transfer on ale and whores

I HOPE PEOPLE WILL NOT HEAR OUR VOICE WHEN THE TOTAL AMOUNT WILL BE TRANSFERED INTO YOUR ACCOUNT BECAUSE YOUR ATTITUDE TOWARDS ME SOUNDS STRAINGE OF WHICH I DONT LIKE(Huh?).-- Samuel Onyema
Morgain Le Fay
Pistol-packin' Mama

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

I make quite a few forms for the Eater baiters. I will tailor them to whatever stage you are in the bait, using lots of color. I make the documents in WORD using tables and then convert them to jpg or pdf formats. Lately I have been printing them out on color paper (pink, blue, green etc) if desired.

There are other forms on Eater - just do a search. Should you become a premium member, other Eater members provide specialized services to aid in the baiting process for premium members.

When you are ready for a form, send me a PM if a search doesn't turn up what you need.

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
Click here to support 419Eater.com
US Dropbox

"You people are all Junks" - Miss E. Kabx

"Maybe you are insane as your so called sat..." Barrister Insane

The website below is available for Eater folks to use.
Film & Production Needs

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic