SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

End of Manned Space Flights?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
username14
Please Taunt and Ridicule Me

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

http://www.popsci.com/technology/article/2011-07/space-shuttle-atlantis-touches-down-ending-era-american-manned-spaceflight

I know that not everyone here is American, but I'm sure you can sympathize. As a kid who love had model shuttles and a love for space, this is kind of depressing even as an adult now. Crying or Very sad

Why can't we as a species get our priorities together? Confused

Offering baiting tools and taking requests at http://un14.webs.com (Updated: 8/6/11)
doc holliday
Squirrels Hate Me

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It is depressing.I remember being allowed to stay up late to watch the 1st moon landing.Something like that can really fire your mind up.

You have given me enough stress through the shit you sent to me
Jack the hitlad

What you sent to me is not real, don't you fucking understand simple english, that is not real slip from money gram, I have been using money gram before now, FUCK YOU. IDIOT. PLAY YOUR GAME WELL. MASTER OF ALL PLAYERS
Jack,the hitlad who keeps giving me fresh sig lines

Closed lad accounts x35 x2 Easter Egg 2012
Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I can recall getting up early to see Apollo 11; hell, I was born the year after Sputnik I and grew up reading and taking in everything I could about space travel.

I guess if the US wants to cede space to China, the Russians and the ESA, the future will bear no resemblance to Star Trek but more to Firefly.

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
Mortal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Erm, as far as I know, mankind is still going to fly to space, it's "just" NASA Space Shuttle program that has ended.

But it's the end of one era nevertheless...

Safari George: Accra -> Togo I really want to do business with you, because i know you are an Angel send to rescue me by God.
Czech RepublicUnited StatesNigeriaGhanaGermany x6
GOD PUNISH YOU, GOD PUNISH YOU, GOD PUNISH YOU. Mr. Olisa
Every night a phonecall from you, you talk rubbish. Mr. Olisa
Juan's hidden fries!
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ On Russian tin cans.

NASA's manned space flight programme was far, far in advance of anything that any other nation possessed. The Shuttle program was over 30 years old but it still exceeded anything that the rest of the world has ever put together since then.

The fact that it's gone and that there's no viable replacement means that mankind as a whole has regressed back to the 1960s in terms of being able to advance into space.

The only hope now is the private sector.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
Mortal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Yeah, I know... I was speaking more about the private sector but well, if US put less money in the amry and more in the space shutttle program who knows where would mankind be by now...

Safari George: Accra -> Togo I really want to do business with you, because i know you are an Angel send to rescue me by God.
Juan's hidden fries!
TheDane
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm not so sure.

There are experts claiming, that only limited knowledge that can be retrieved from an unmanned mission to, say, Mars. To get full revenue in knowledge from such a mission, there must be analytic minds present on the spot. In other words, human beings.

Personally, I think they're right, for the simple reason, that mankind has too much curiosity built into its organisms to stay here. Wink It's not the end of an era, it's just a small interlude. Wink

Sand Timer T.W.A.T Santa Safari Lagos-Ouagadougou-Arbinda Safari Warri-Yaoundé

I AM A FOOL AND I AM SO DISAPPOINTED - Brother Okei AKA Goat Milk Lad
I do not wish my enemy what I have experienced and this humiliation you are putting me through - Rushforth (on behalf of Dharma & Dr Mike)
Jim Morrison
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ there's a huge problem with sending a manned mision to Mars, and it's not fuel, it's martian dust storms, they can destroy anything

Easter Egg 2011 Closed lad accounts x56 GermanyBenin x2 United States x6 Malaysia x2 Portugal x2 Spain x4 United Kingdom x22 United Arab Emirates x2 GhanaChinaNigeria x2 Thailand thanks to Dora and the rest of the site killing team x4 <-- Alott@ Fag1na Asian Foods, Inc. x13 <-- Hump a t0n Infl@table Dolls & Co. x18 Cellphone Cellphone website x2
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[naked women here]</a>
Safari BRUIN's WIMP Modality, Lomé - Accra
have i offended you before on why you do this to me?
God go hammer all your generation. say
amen. - reverend
are you joking or your tormentor? (I am tormentor Twisted Evil )
Gommer basterd your mama is a prostitute, am a full niger delta boy and i must bomb your mamas toto with ak47 riffle...
username14

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is what makes me sad:

If I'm reading this right, NASA is the 0.6% slice. Granted, this was 2008 but NASA's budget has only be denied and cut since then. crying

Offering baiting tools and taking requests at http://un14.webs.com (Updated: 8/6/11)
YeaWhatever
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Holy cow! Just over 52% on entitlements?

Safari<i>"i have arrive safe in namibia"</i> - Tony Kalabi - The Road to the Skeleton Coast
Safari<i>"he is in aswan"</i> - Larry Ken - The Road to Abu Sunbul
Safari The Road to the Hot Zone</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89779" target="_blank"> The Making of a TWAT</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=100535" target="_blank"> The Second Coming of TWAT</a>
Golden Pith Mortar x17
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yuri Gagarin, John Glenn and Neil Armstrong have inspired many of us old folks. Charles F. Bolden lit a fire in my son when he was 8.
Quote:
“Children who dream of being astronauts today may not fly on the space shuttle … but, one day, they may walk on Mars. The future belongs to us. And just like those who came before us, we have an obligation to set an ambitious course and take an inspired nation along for the journey. I'm ready to get on with the next big challenge.”
I would like to thank General Bolden for what he and the Space Shuttle program did for my son.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The US only had a great space program because we had to be the Russians, errr Soviets, to the Autobot crash site. Doesn't everyone know that?

I think we ditched the Shuttle program because mission control got sick of being on hold for component tech support then getting a strange accent on the other end. Rumor has it a lot of accidents could have been avoided if not for a 2 hour phone que...

-----------
Closed lad accounts x13 Goat Easter Egg Mortar x3 x4 Elite Ninja Team Member

We are Karma's soldiers.
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Mugu Gold</a>

I must be cruel, only to be kind:
Thus bad begins and worse remains behind.
-Hamlet, scene iv

Stargate
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm not going to say what I want to say, because if I did I'd have to delete my own post then ban myself. I'm extremely angry over this.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^LOL, then delete mine Smile
I'm glad it's over, I had no use for it at all.
But the reason it's over is economical, they got now up there what they wanted and by shutting down they can protect the knowledge and the secrets better.
Maybe they are able to solve some other small problems now first, like 300.000 kids dieing of hunger a year, jellyfish taking over the oceans or something else simple.
Just my 0.02 cents

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ I don't even understand what you said...or were attempting to say. Confused

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

username14: Nice pie chart, from what I have heard, NASA cost anually the same as 2 days of War in Afghanistan....

I dont have any source though so...

Juan's hidden fries!
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was talking to my daughter about this and I was wrong. General Bolden talked to my son when he was 6.

I taught a niece how to fly and she later dedicated her life to becoming a shuttle pilot. Its amazing how close she came.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There's so much space crap floating around the globe between 150 - 1500 miles, from all the stuff breaking up that we've sent up, that manned space flight is becoming more and more dangerous. A fleck of paint traveling at 18,000mph can tear a hole through anything man made it meets.

A collision between a US and Russian satellite in 2009 has created a deadly shrapnel belt at about 500 miles. They broke up into thousands of smaller bits that are big enough to be tracked, and millions of particles so small they can't be seen. If one piece hits another object, that breaks up into more bits and so on.

There are some predictions going around that give a rough date, when we effectively become entombed here because you'd need to be in a tank to stand any chance of getting through this multiplying hail of hypersonic bullets. New satellites generally have some kind of manoeuvring system that can either push them into a higher orbit once they end their design life, or bring them back into the atmosphere so they can burn up.

The space station has been nudged out of the way of incoming objects two or three times in it's life. If that ever breaks up it's game over for us and manned space flight.

I expect orbital manned space flight is nearing the end of what can realistically be achieved and is affordable anyway. Apart from tourist hops into low 60-100 mile jaunts that is. Near and deep space vehicles will most likely become smaller, cheaper and robotic like everything else these days. And probably armoured.

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
username14

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ And then the armored one that accidentally explode will create debris strong enough to break through other armored ones. So they have to make stronger armor, making stronger debris.

Got to love conventional human logic. Keep making a bigger stick/sword/bomb/tank so it won't break on theirs. Not take care of the underlying issue so neither of us will need them. Rolling Eyes

Yeah, I've heard of the whole space debris issue. It's like one of humanity's many dirty, untold secrets. It really isn't brought up in the mainstream unless it causes some disaster. And even then, it's made to sound like a freak accident, not like it's freaking everywhere up there.

Morgain Le Fay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I hated space flight as soon as the Russians put up Sputnik. The board of education then changed our graduating requirements to include more science and math.

Now if we could send all our criminals to outer space, it might be worth it.

Granted, however, due to new things developed by and for NASA we have benefited today. I do like the TANG crystals.

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
Click here to support 419Eater.com
US Dropbox

"You people are all Junks" - Miss E. Kabx

"Maybe you are insane as your so called sat..." Barrister Insane

The website below is available for Eater folks to use.
Film & Production Needs
D11
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We should train up some lads for the next missions then.

I vote:
Sitting head in trash can and hit with sticks - to simulate asteroid strikes.
Bycycle helmet being dropped on ground - to simulate rough take off
Tied to car roof and driven fast and brakes - g-force training.

Water landings should be handled with great care, cycling right into a river usually produces the typical "splash down", of course make sure they got a rope round the waist, drowned lads cannot email there video's Wink

I make software that drives lads crazy. Thats my revenge on lads. (it all helps)

this transaction is 100 percent risk/hitch free - bobo

why no pay me - abum bello
because the cops will know it was you - me
ok this is good - abum bello
Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I recall the Zambian Space Program hoax.

http://news.discovery.com/space/to-mars-zambias-forgotten-space-program.html

http://acrossdifficultcountry.blogspot.com/2008/11/i-see-zambia-of-future-as-space-age.html

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
N N N
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Gene Roddenberry (presumably) the author of Star Trek through James T Kirk and then Jean Luc Picard said "... to boldly go where no one has gone before." For me that sums up all of our hopes, dreams and aspirations. Like others here I've lived through the space age, the moon landings ... I'm an avid sci-fi reader. I truly believe we need to get off this planet and get out there.

To sacrifice that or at least postpone it once more indefinately is a tragedy mankind may yet regret.

and for what?

To grow the human population at an even faster rate because it is necessary to cure the ills of the world we live in ... poverty, famine, starvation and disease. Saldy all the things we dont want to think about but can't dismiss through cynicism.
lakeside77
A chaff in the USA

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That machine you are sitting in front of and tapping away on is one of the most significant benefits of space program. The limited space in manned vehicles required NASA to develop microcircuits, which eventually became the chips that run our PCs.

Closed lad accounts x26 Easter Egg 2012 United KingdomNigeria x3 Thailand x2 Guinea BissauBeninGermanyNetherlands
Sand Timer Father Frank

I must let you know that am sick and tired of all this whole bull sheet do you know my ass is on the line - Jonh Raymund

i want to say i am very sorry for the Mother that gave Barth to you -- Jim Ovie

. . . it is disrespectful,malicious, an ILEDAN EYE,to our corporation and embarrassing to my secretary as he was messed up by your action. I thought I was assisting a true American gentleman without knowing that I am trying to help one of the most chaffs in the USA. --Dr. Leo Stan Ekeh

. . . I hate you with all my Live, you may not understand the Laval of hatred I have in you -- Dr. Lambert
Morgain Le Fay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ So how does Al Gore fit into the scheme of things! Rolling Eyes Oh, that's right he is the internet guy!

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
Click here to support 419Eater.com
US Dropbox

"You people are all Junks" - Miss E. Kabx

"Maybe you are insane as your so called sat..." Barrister Insane

The website below is available for Eater folks to use.
Film & Production Needs
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic