SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

ToSing a S. Korean-hosted site (ONSE Telecom is host)

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
ADX
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I recently received a 419 E-Mail from a compromised SFASU.edu E-mail account which instructs the recipient to E-Mail an @hosanna.net account.

Hosanna.net appears to be hosted by a large South Korean ISP, ONSE Telecom (www.onsetel.co.kr) and was wondering if anyone here spoke Korean or had means of shutting down Korean hosting. I'll be sending an E-Mail to their abuse department, but being in English, I'm not sure that it will get the attention it warrants.

Apparently ONSE is a large ISP in Korea, so the offshore factor shouldn't be a safeguard for the lads, just the language barrier.

As far as the originating E-Mail, I've already been on the phone with Stephen F. Austin State University (the university of the originating E-Mail) all day trying to get in touch with IT Security specifically, but their communication is horrible. No one knows who to speak to about suspending an account, though I do have calls in to a few direct lines of people who should be able to help.

Spoke with a Sergeant with the SFA Police Department (whom I had to explain what a 419 letter was amongst a lot of other things... He wasn't very computer literate) who passed the information on to their detectives as well as the PD's internal IT department (apparently the PD and University both have separate IT departments), but the Sergeant had no clue who to get in touch with to get the originating account termed (trying to get it shut down just in case the lad is still blasting via the compromised account).

Additionally; SFA's E-Mail is set up so that their E-Mail headers only display the University's IPs, not that of the sender.

So, if anyone has any proficiency in Korean, or knows of anyone with success in shutting down Korean-based hosting, please feel free to contact me or take action

Original Headers:

Original Headers:

Original E-Mail:

Quote:

Subject:
Note

Body:
Are you interested in Charity work? Please contact me for more details. Contact Email: [email protected]
Caligula
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You called for a sitekiller? Very Happy

If I recall correctly hosanna.net just provides email addresses to whoever wants them - comparable to hotmail.com or gmail. So hosanna.net isn't a domain which will be taken offline because a scammer uses it to scam people. I also don't suggest reporting just the email address to hosanna, as we don't close individual addresses for various reasons listed in the stickeys.

As for the .edu address, I'm impressed by all the effort you went through! Very Happy Many of those accounts get phished and used to spam their opening scripts and we often come accross those. I think you did brilliant work, and it's up to the IT departments to do their jobs now.

Welcome to eater!

Going Gold?
Post scripts at scamwarners!
Kill a fake site today!
Morgain Le Fay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Help Desks at the .edu's are very good about fixing things and giving their student or faculty a new email account when it gets phished like that. It has been my experience their IT departments handle them within 24 hours. I usually send a form script I have to their IT/Help Desk with pertinent information and a link to what a 419 scam is and find the universities or school districts are most appreciative.

One university help desk person wrote me back to learn more and I directed him to Eater.

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
Click here to support 419Eater.com
US Dropbox

"You people are all Junks" - Miss E. Kabx

"Maybe you are insane as your so called sat..." Barrister Insane

The website below is available for Eater folks to use.
Film & Production Needs
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic