SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

how do i stop the scammer?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
jeanie
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

help!! i have discovered my brother is being scammed by a nigerian internet scammer..i went on to his email andi was chatting to them,calling them all the c**ts under the sun,but they wouldnt go away,insisting on talking to my brother and for him to send money via western union...from what i understand they have had thousands of pounds off him already and i want it to stop!!...how do i stop these people?..i know its too late for my brother to retieve any of his money back so i thought,time to scam the scammer!!..id appreciate any help you can give me
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Jeanie, sorry to hear how things are going.
Please try scamwarners. com our sister site, they are better in preventing or saving what can be saved + you help other people to do the same.

Once you got that sorted out we can see how we can help your new "friend", best read a bit and ask for a mentor in this forum.

And yes, almost forgot, WELCOME here

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hmm have you informed law enforcement?

To "stop" a scammer you eed to convince the victim that that are being taken. Have you googled any of the scammers information. If you can find google hits that are similar to whatever deal your brother is involved in it might help convince him.

But at best this will stop this mugu from scamming one victim. That where we come in, we try as hard as we can to slow down or stop the scammers.

"Any money you send to Africa to receive your payment is at your own risk " David Mark

over 1,000 fakes deaded since Oct 2005. This is my current rampage! Mortar x6 Easter Egg 2011 Purple Flower
vonpaso xlura
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It might be useful to post the original email from the scammer, along with his current email address (sometimes their addresses are shut down and they switch to new ones), in surplus, along with a note that this mugu is scamming your brother. We can tarpit him, zank his bank accounts, shut down his website, and so on.

×186
Safari Accra - SH Cotonou
you are a fake people so do not ever write to me again.
Am mad at you right now ... Am tired of your questions ... Am sick and tire you and your bank
Nigerian pig . go swallow a grenade idiot. Boko Haram will solve your problem idiot .
you are big fool by send a fake payment information and never you contact me again asshole .
your passgae bearing your ATM CATD ... Ant Terrorist Certificate ... legal verterbrate ... expartiate your meaning ... gets to your dwaignted address ... successful ofghw transfer
Vampiremerchant
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater..... Laughing

Your first task should be to convince your Brother that it is a scam so he does not send them any more money.

Please do not have any more conversations with the scammer, as they have Real Life Information.

Read the stickies get yourself an anonymous email addy and have some fun.

Apply for a Mentor, they can be invaluable.

Closed lad accounts x 35 Easter Egg

Mortar x 100

Thailand (with thanks to Nigel Tuffnel)
Thailand United Kingdom
Thailand
Thailand
Thailand

My dear Brother , if I have to you to scam you, May the WROGHT of GOD be upon me and my generation
Jeannette
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome Jeanie,
I'm sorry we meet under these circumstances.

In case you need the link to our sister site here it is:
http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/index.php

Over there are members with lots of experience with cases like your brother's. At his moment, you don't want to alienate your brother with too violent accusations; questions are enough. You need his co-operation so he is willing to tell you more about the person he is corresponding with. You will have to wait until you can show him lots of evidence. That is what ScamWarners are qualified to do: find evidence - with your help.

jeanie
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

vonpaso xlura wrote:
It might be useful to post the original email from the scammer, along with his current email address (sometimes their addresses are shut down and they switch to new ones), in surplus, along with a note that this mugu is scamming your brother. We can tarpit him, zank his bank accounts, shut down his website, and so on.

i actually went to the police about it but they sais there is nothing they can do...my brother is willingly sending money to these people in the beleif he will be getting a large cash settlement!!..also there is an element of a "romantic" scam going on to...ive went into his email and blocked the addresses,but im not sure if that is enough to stop them..i know he is sending money via western union every day to them...and get this.....he has given them his bank account details!!!!....i mean who could be this stupid!!!......
jeanie
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Jeannette wrote:
Welcome Jeanie,
I'm sorry we meet under these circumstances.

In case you need the link to our sister site here it is:
http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/index.php

Over there are members with lots of experience with cases like your brother's. At his moment, you don't want to alienate your brother with too violent accusations; questions are enough. You need his co-operation so he is willing to tell you more about the person he is corresponding with. You will have to wait until you can show him lots of evidence. That is what ScamWarners are qualified to do: find evidence - with your help.

thankyou kindly for your help
jeanie
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Vampiremerchant wrote:
Welcome to Eater..... Laughing

Your first task should be to convince your Brother that it is a scam so he does not send them any more money.

Please do not have any more conversations with the scammer, as they have Real Life Information.

Read the stickies get yourself an anonymous email addy and have some fun.

Apply for a Mentor, they can be invaluable.

whats a mentor ? how can they help me?
jeanie
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

vonpaso xlura wrote:

what do you mean by zank his bank account and tarpit him?....sounds like fun!
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi jeanie.

Don't worry about mentors and don't worry about baiting at the moment.
The most important thing (as already mentioned) is to get your brother off the scam.

I also recommend that you visit our sister site www.scamwarners.com and speak to one of the scam warners or scam advisors there. They are better equipped to deal with this situation as they deal with the victim side of things whereas we deal with scam-baiting.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
sagat
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

jeanie wrote:
vonpaso xlura wrote:

i actually went to the police about it but they sais there is nothing they can do...my brother is willingly sending money to these people in the beleif he will be getting a large cash settlement!!..also there is an element of a "romantic" scam going on to...ive went into his email and blocked the addresses,but im not sure if that is enough to stop them..i know he is sending money via western union every day to them...and get this.....he has given them his bank account details!!!!....i mean who could be this stupid!!!......

Tell him to close his account because soon it will be wiped clean. He has learned the hard way
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Get onto Scamwarners ASAP, they have a good idea of how to get a victim out of the spiral dive. This guy isn't baitable from your point of view. Bear in mind that if they know you are aware of them, they will try to sow seeds of doubt and suspicion about you in your brother's mind in order to stop him believing you. Be prepared for this.

jeanie
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Slightlyoutofit wrote:
Hi jeanie.

Don't worry about mentors and don't worry about baiting at the moment.
The most important thing (as already mentioned) is to get your brother off the scam.

I also recommend that you visit our sister site www.scamwarners.com and speak to one of the scam warners or scam advisors there. They are better equipped to deal with this situation as they deal with the victim side of things whereas we deal with scam-baiting.

ive tried to get him off the scam ,but he is so involved in it i dont think he can stop..he is sending money every day to them via western union...he is chasing this money that these people have promised he will be getting,that doesnt even exist..i will check out your scamwarners site though....
thanks for all the help,its greatly appreciated
jeanie
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

sagat wrote:
jeanie wrote:
vonpaso xlura wrote:

Tell him to close his account because soon it will be wiped clean. He has learned the hard way

i think its too late,i read one email where he authorised them to withdraw £10,000 from his account!!! and i mean can you beleiev this!! ..im sure he has lost his marbles!!
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Scamwarners, Right now. Go. http://www.scamwarners.com/

Olly3008
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Now that there is a large transaction imminent, i strongly recommend you report back to the Law Enforcement as swiftly as possible, this can be a big turning point.

I'm very sorry to hear about your brothers Prediciment, he's dealing with some of the worlds most Disgusting human beings.

Me:you gonna poo on me?
Abraham 0gho:Until u become honest

Ming Yang: hold for 15mins please i want make use of the bathroom
jeanie
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Olly3008 wrote:
Now that there is a large transaction imminent, i strongly recommend you report back to the Law Enforcement as swiftly as possible, this can be a big turning point.

I'm very sorry to hear about your brothers Prediciment, he's dealing with some of the worlds most Disgusting human beings.

what do you mean by this could be a big turning point?....i actualy went to my local police station but they didnt think there was anything they could do....
ive blocked their email addresses from my brothers computer,im just wondering if this will be enough to stop them,or do you think they will have other ways of contacting him?..i also hid his mobile phone as i know they were phoning him...so i feel like i have cut them off at source,but im not sure if that is enough to get rid of them....i imagine they will be determined...thanks for all your help and advice..i am very grateful
chrisredfield
Master Baiter

Location: Patrolling the lawless wasteland known as the internet

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree with Nailgunner. Go to Scamwarners. Try the police again, there is a crime being committed, and they have an obligation to fill out a report of some sort (at least in Canada, I'm not sure how it works anywhere else), and see if you can talk to someone at the bank about this. If it's a bank transfer it should be traceable. I would advise getting more family members involved to talk to your brother. It could cause problems in the immediate future, but someone needs to talk him down from what he's doing. I know it looks like an obvious scam, but to him, it's not and he's VERY heavily emotionally invested in this. He NEEDS to hear from more than one person he trusts that he's getting screwed.

Closed lad accounts x13
Closed lad accounts x1 in awesome dolla-chop w/Subway 1

South Africa x1 Easter Egg 2012
Jeannette
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Chris, I really think this is a case for ScamWarners to assess the situation. If the victim feels that his relatives "are ganging up on him" he might just stop talking to them or start lying about his contacts with the scammer. We are not qualified to give advice here.

I am sorry if I sound harsh, I don't mean to, I am just deeply worried, and as a junior adviser over at ScamWarners I am aware of how carefully you have to tread in a situation like this.

N N N
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Take the computer off him?

Ask him to come read some of the stuff on this site, see if the penny drops then. Sadly if he's too far into it he may be blind to what's going on and deny it's hasppening to him.

If you can, block his access to large amounts of money.

Go to the Western Union shop with him and tell the staff there. They are oblidged to act by their own rules.
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I will repeat what I've already said.

Go to www.scamwarners.com.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic