SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

Laptops

View next topic
View previous topic

amd098
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Jim Morrison wrote:
If you are a gamer, you have to spend quite a lot in a laptop with dedicated graphics, about a grand and a half

not unless you mind a 11'' screen

my 11'' runs games on high settings, cost me just under $1k
i use it at home with my 22'' lcd and keyboard, works fine for me as ive been all over the damn planet this year :p

Undead Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I got me a Sony Vaio VPCE

Its good looking, stable, and the wifi works well.

The only hiccup so far is when I let the battery get to zero and it shut down, it screwed up the setup somehow, and I had to use the restore disks.

Its good for watching Tv and movies, but the sound is a bit tinny.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
MiderSpan
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you're getting a laptop wait a little bit longer for amd to release the new gen of a4-3400. The a4 is clocked at 2.7ghzX2 Lleno cores (no turbo) integrated with an HD 6410D clocked at 600mhz with 160 su. You'll probably pay like $550 for the laptop with 4g of ddr3 ram, 500gb hdd- 5.2k rpm, 15.6" LED screen, 600 mhz vc (APU's graphics use system memory), at least 5 hours of battery, and possibly usb 3.0. The fusions are amd's pride and joy right now so the quality of the product is going to be pretty high with a relative low price. Also these chips use much less resources resulting in impressive temperature control.

Lastly don't get too caught up in the brand. Chinese companies bid for the production of computers. The same company that puts dells together produces apple's notebooks. I must say though, I have only heard negative feedback about sony vaios, specifically cosmetic issues. I also have heard a lot of problems with toshiba hard drives. I personally have always enjoyed my HP notebook/netbook.
Be more interested in the brand of each individual piece of hardware rather than the name on the cover.
WillEater
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

WillEater wrote:
With all of the military cutback over here in the States, Aerospace contractors are selling surplus laptop/desktop computers for pennies on the USD.

Government requirements are to pull the hard drive out and crush it prior to sale.

This leaves a potentially functionally excellent computer with only a new hard drive and some software.

Prices vary, from $50.00 USD to $150.00 USD..

I refurbish several every week, and this pays for the odd pint..

I purchased two laptops this am, (One Dell and One HP) and one HP workstation. (Core 2 Duo, 4 gig ram DVD RW, 500 gig HD etc...

I have used Linux, Unix, and of course, the DVD restore disks.

The Mfgers will normally sell the restore disk for $20.00 USD plus shipping.

On a side note, Acer owns Gateway, E Machine, and they were the OEM for IBM Thinkpad prior to IBM selling the operation to Lenovo.

The local areas you all live in may have similar recycle efforts..

Check around..

Will

Tap, Tap, Is This Thing on?

MiderSpan
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

WillEater wrote:

Tap, Tap, Is This Thing on?

I tried to look into this but couldn't find anything. What did you use? Google shopping or anything?

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic