SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Motivation for Baiting

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
chrishill2011
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi,

Just wondered what everyone else motivation was for these baiting activities Smile

For me, apart from the obvious general enjoyment and that "do-good" feeling, I remember being a 12 year old boy (years and years ago) and trying to sell a Nintendo 64 on one of the first classified ads websites. I got a typical email from a lad (obviously at the time I had no clue) saying he needed it sent to Nigeria.

I accepted his over the top offer, and he sent me a cheque for about 2grand and said it was a mistake, could I cash it and send him back the amount in cash or via WU!

Only when my mum got involved did I realise the error of my ways, and I'll always remember being well scared that a bunch of huge Nigerians would be banging down my door!

YOU ARE CLEARVER ENOUGH , IF NOT SO, I COULD HAVE FUCK U HARD IN YOUR ASS WHEN U COME HERE - jerry smith

you have wasted a hard working mans time and now i will be slacked - Owen Hughes
Mortal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, personally when I joined I have no idea of what fun this can be. But this is not my motivation. Back then it was the desire to try something new.

But as I began to learn and read all those stories about victims and their ruined lives, about people who killed themselves becasue they got in debts because of the scams the motivation rose significantly. This is what makes me go. Anger towards scammers. And I want to deliver at least fraction of the hell they provide their victims.

Safari George: Accra -> Togo I really want to do business with you, because i know you are an Angel send to rescue me by God.
Czech RepublicUnited StatesNigeriaGhanaGermany x6
GOD PUNISH YOU, GOD PUNISH YOU, GOD PUNISH YOU. Mr. Olisa
Every night a phonecall from you, you talk rubbish. Mr. Olisa
Juan's hidden fries!
TheDane
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I hate scammers, all sizes and shapes. Simply hate them. From the hustlers on the street corner playing 'Find The Queen' to Bernie Madoff.

And while there's lot of them I really can't do anything about, it's different in the case of 419/AFF. So that's why I do it.

That, and the great and insane fun we have here. Very Happy

Sand Timer T.W.A.T Santa Safari Lagos-Ouagadougou-Arbinda Safari Warri-Yaoundé

I AM A FOOL AND I AM SO DISAPPOINTED - Brother Okei AKA Goat Milk Lad
I do not wish my enemy what I have experienced and this humiliation you are putting me through - Rushforth (on behalf of Dharma & Dr Mike)
Gimli
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

For me it started off as something new and exciting that I thought would be good for some laughs. Then, like Mortal said, I started to read stories about the impact that 419 was having on people. When I started getting bank accounts that didn't look like they belonged to lads I started to realize that many were from mules who were in long-term victim relationships with lads. Now one of my main motivations with getting accounts is the hope that when Alan reports a mule account that I send him it will be a wake up call for a victim who has no idea that they are being used for fraud.

Safari Bibian: Lagos-Accra "Don't make me suffer for being good to help you."

Mortar Golden Pig x30 Closed lad accounts x2,196

"stupid old useless woman." - Esther
"I said don't ever ask my office to draw any bused-shit for you" - Ban Ki-Moon
"you are quite elderly fraud star" - Ali

Support 419Eater! Visit ScamWarners!
ScammedOut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I do it because I hate these scumbags more than words can say. Since I can't shoot them, wasting their time with futile trips to Moneygram is better than nothing.

My heroes are the people here who sent them off on safaris to war zones, where their greed ends up with them "streded in hash conditions."

YOU GO SLEEP YOU NO GO WAKE UP AGAIN
SEE YOU ASS IN HELL fucking tax payer ..
REJOICE IN HELL - Jack L1n (Mr.)
Enough fooling around with yourself. Your parents and family are Fucking scammer!
You are a white baboon,that doesn't even take
shower.
-Miss Gbagbo, Christian.
I NEVER SEE ANIMAL LIKE YOU. Your papa be castrated so he no make more like you!
Easter Egg 2012 - Robert Miller, philanthropist Closed lad accounts
"I am okay but had a little fracture on our last operation." - Capt. Highliner
internationalchrysis
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I romance bait, 'cos I'm real life I'd be the type of guy who'd fall for something like this Embarassed

That and the fact these f**kers are playing with people's feelings

Safari x1 (Senegal to Gambia)
"You can go now and f*ck yourself with a donkey or horse because you really need to be f*cked by a donkey or horse"
(George Michael's brother Frank/Frannypoo)

"You are a dead meat!"
(Léon the (Not so) Professional)

Closed lad accounts (19 in total:
x2 Léon the (not so) Professional. x4 Via Swindler's list. x4 Via Will and Grace the Law Firm. x3 *Hitman, x1 Hitman: The sequel!, , x1 Haiti scam, x1 The Bimbo (via Umbongo Chambers),
x1 Rita the ETA eater, x1 Via Team Doughnut, x1 Via Prince Emaka, x4 via the Nazis)
YeaWhatever
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I do it for the pure entertainment value of it. Plus, I like to see how much I can get a lad to do with just a few minutes of writing an email.

Safari<i>"i have arrive safe in namibia"</i> - Tony Kalabi - The Road to the Skeleton Coast
Safari<i>"he is in aswan"</i> - Larry Ken - The Road to Abu Sunbul
Safari The Road to the Hot Zone</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89779" target="_blank"> The Making of a TWAT</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=100535" target="_blank"> The Second Coming of TWAT</a>
Golden Pith Mortar x17
Morgain Le Fay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was looking for a retirement hobby where I could stay indoors in cold or hot weather, not have to get out of my pajamas in the morning and drink coffee all day!

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
Click here to support 419Eater.com
US Dropbox

"You people are all Junks" - Miss E. Kabx

"Maybe you are insane as your so called sat..." Barrister Insane

The website below is available for Eater folks to use.
Film & Production Needs
bigdaddy
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A couple of years ago my stupid sister-in-law gave a pay day loan place my wife's info as a reference. Months afterward we received multiple phone calls from scammers. Last fall we tried selling some items on Craigslist to only be again contacted by scammers. It didnt take long to figure it out. Searching about scams one night I came across this site and was addicted. I even tried creating a website about scams and quickly gave that up knowing I couldnt top this!

Madam F**k you with your game ok and dont write to my email or l will track you down with FBI you play with me .

You are nothing but an idiot , You must die by motor accident by fooling with a man that is old enough to be your father .
soon you will writing from your grave .
IDIOT (Barrister after I closed his bank account)

Safari Ch4nt4l Posse-Accra, Ghana > Cotonou, Benin (Co-Bait with GnarlySpoof+psychicbait)
Closed lad accounts x 11 Easter Egg 2011

* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
lakeside77
A chaff in the USA

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Morgain Le Fay

I retired rather young and it's either baiting or golf. Baiting is much cheaper and it doesn't involve hours of practice on a driving range. Wink

Closed lad accounts x26 Easter Egg 2012 United KingdomNigeria x3 Thailand x2 Guinea BissauBeninGermanyNetherlands
Sand Timer Father Frank

I must let you know that am sick and tired of all this whole bull sheet do you know my ass is on the line - Jonh Raymund

i want to say i am very sorry for the Mother that gave Barth to you -- Jim Ovie

. . . it is disrespectful,malicious, an ILEDAN EYE,to our corporation and embarrassing to my secretary as he was messed up by your action. I thought I was assisting a true American gentleman without knowing that I am trying to help one of the most chaffs in the USA. --Dr. Leo Stan Ekeh

. . . I hate you with all my Live, you may not understand the Laval of hatred I have in you -- Dr. Lambert
TheFae
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I do it because I know the toll scammers extract from innocent people. I can't stand to be in contact with them directly -- that's why I'm not a baiter. But when I report a site and get it killed, well then, there's a lad dead in the water without his fake bank, or login to riches, or barrister, or courier...suddenly he's either offline completely or complaining to the baiter that "things are down for maintenance" or some such B.S. I know he's been cut off at the knees, and he never knows why/who. If he's abusing a certain template, I can pretty much figure out where (site/hoster) he'll pop up next. And I'm waiting. Twisted Evil

I tried baiting, but it became a slapfest pretty quickly. Mad

internationalchrysis wrote:
I romance bait, 'cos I'm real life I'd be the type of guy who'd fall for something like this

Wait, what? How 'ya doin'? Wink

GO GOLD! **CLICKY**
"This is really bad"
"my account has been disable and can not sell anymore and this is all i live on"
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Eater and lads make a great diversion from what I should be doing. The more I have to do in RL, the more time I spend on Eater. Razz

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
chrishill2011
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ For sure, It's dangerous at work, I read a finished bait the other day at work and just couldn't stop laughing, my colleagues thought I was drunk!

YOU ARE CLEARVER ENOUGH , IF NOT SO, I COULD HAVE FUCK U HARD IN YOUR ASS WHEN U COME HERE - jerry smith

you have wasted a hard working mans time and now i will be slacked - Owen Hughes
Weisze Tod
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Unemployment
The Monsignor
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The fun of it all...
Quote:
YOU ARE A VERY BIG STUPID AND FOOL OF SHIP DO YOU THINK THAT YOU CAN TALK TO THIS BANK IN THAT WAY ARE YOU MAD WHAT CIND OF NONSENS FORM ARE U IDIOT YOU ARE. FILE THE FORM ON YOUR MOTHER ASS
FrumpyBB
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Pretty much how Mortal has worded it above. "Funny, social acceptable fooling around" and "intellectual challenge" (Can I really make them do that?); later came the pure hatred motivation "wanna hurt scammers" but rather via victim education than baiting as the only remedy. I guess victim education hurts scammers more, it costs them 1000s per vic as opposed to tens per safari...
Plus, the discussion with other baiters on here is what beats bating alone for me.

Safari Dan the lotto man, ARK mugu wedding
Safari Dennis the hitman, co-bait w/ Murry Guru
Safari Zake (w/ SH, SL & Craig)
Safari x 5 Modeling Mugu Meeting, w/ mewing_ghecko & Otterfan & SSC
Safari x 2 another MMM w/ SH
Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013
bumsnacks
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I work for a bank and have seen first hand what can happen. Whether it is a counterfeit check or sending wires to someone for a "heck of a deal on a car" I have seen it all. An older gentleman falling for romance 3 times, and a young teenage girl trying to help out her family by tutoring and getting fake money orders. I have even had phishing texts sent to me. (Not becasue of baiting). I have helped explain phishing emails to faculty at the university here. I just don't like scammers.
IM_Dumm
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am motivated by many of the things mentioned above.

In addition, I love the idea of turning the tables and using the same tactics on the lads they use on vicitms (the ability to appear to be anyone on-line, the motivation of greed, etc.). At its core, a good bait turns a lad into the victim he was seeking.

"you can as well fuck the hell out" Barr. Peter Ojiko
"Don;t even try to mail me again,just forget about me forever.Even GO AWAY" Abu Tafa
Easter Egg 2013
Code:
Closed lad accounts x 2
ScammedOut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
FOOL OF SHIP

Do you work as a jester on a cruise line?

YOU GO SLEEP YOU NO GO WAKE UP AGAIN
SEE YOU ASS IN HELL fucking tax payer ..
REJOICE IN HELL - Jack L1n (Mr.)
Enough fooling around with yourself. Your parents and family are Fucking scammer!
You are a white baboon,that doesn't even take
shower.
-Miss Gbagbo, Christian.
I NEVER SEE ANIMAL LIKE YOU. Your papa be castrated so he no make more like you!
Easter Egg 2012 - Robert Miller, philanthropist Closed lad accounts
"I am okay but had a little fracture on our last operation." - Capt. Highliner
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I like the fact that baiting let's my evil side do something constructive, so I get to be supernice in my daily life.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I like the fact that baiting let's my evil side do something constructive, so I get to be supernice in my daily life.

Sex-starved Tikka Masala

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

IM_Dumm wrote:
At its core, a good bait turns a lad into the victim he was seeking.

IMHO, this is what every bait should strive for. The baiter's objective has never been more concisely defined! (If I'm wrong, please cite the source - thanks Smile )

Get rock-hard abs in just three weeks - click here to find out how!
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hot chicks.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic