SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

Calls From Scammers On Cell

View next topic
View previous topic

Loki66
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Not sure if this is the right place for this or if it's even been addressed already. I did look around but saw nothing so forgive me if someone already brought it up...

I recently got a pre-paid AT&T cellphone and it's obvious to me the number has been recycled. Not only have I received calls from irate people who want to punch "George" for one thing or another but I also keep getting calls from 876 numbers.

When I first got the phone I made the mistake of answering a call without looking to see where it was from and it turned out to be some lottery that was going to pay me out. I told them I didn't want to hear it and not to call me. I now get 1 to 3 calls a week from 876 numbers, some the same, but most different. I hit reject but it's getting old, you know?

Anyone have this happen to them? Any suggestions on how to handle it? Sure, I can just keep rejecting them but it's annoying to me and sometimes the calls come in at 4 or 5 in the morning.

-Pastor Rebecca

THANKS FOR YOUR ANTICIPATED COPERATION WHILE YOU ASK YOUR SELF WHEATHER YOU ARE TELLING US THE TRUTH OR ARE YOU AN IMPOSTOR?
- Mr Edwards Robert- Lotto Paying Dept
Morgain Le Fay
Pistol-packin' Mama

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Is there any way you can get AT+T to give you new number explaining the problems associated with that number. They used to do that with landlines, don't know about cell phones. Or any way you can block the 876 area code! I don't know about pre-paids. I think 876 area code comes in from outside the US.

Maybe you can find something helpful here: http://www.fcc.gov/guides/calls-809-649-284-area-codes

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
Click here to support 419Eater.com
US Dropbox

"You people are all Junks" - Miss E. Kabx

"Maybe you are insane as your so called sat..." Barrister Insane

The website below is available for Eater folks to use.
Film & Production Needs
Lou Knee Dude
Pisses Everybody Off

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You may try Google Voice. They offer a lot of features for caller screening, rejecting various numbers, etc.

google.com/voice

NOTE THAT: THIS COMPANY HAS AN AFFILIATE RELATIONSHIP WITH THE IVORY COAST EMBASSY IN WASHINGTON D.C WHICH CAN BE USE IN CHARGING YOU TO COURT. (Magnet Security Company)

...the enter family of gomer boyz know your movement u cant run if you do sheek i will kill you...let me see how u work and send me a copy of the email you send to the maga i give you 10 mints to do that if not you chop the last dollar Shocked (M4NH0R G0MER)
Loki66
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the replies. I do use Google voice for my long distance phone from the house...great phone system for the cost, right? I have my cell for when I'm out and for incoming calls as I don't leave the computer on 24/7.

Morgain, I have thought about asking for a new number. They won't block the 876 numbers for me and now I'm getting some other numbers coming in. Two non 876 yesterday from NYC and Phoenix, AZ...both I Googled and came up with scam businesses trying to sell me worthless money making schemes. A new number is probably all I can do really.

This is amusing in a way...it makes me wonder what the previous owner of this number was up to. To have people calling him (local numbers to me) to threaten him for various things he's done and to have all these scammers calling...must have a great life! lol

-Pastor Rebecca

THANKS FOR YOUR ANTICIPATED COPERATION WHILE YOU ASK YOUR SELF WHEATHER YOU ARE TELLING US THE TRUTH OR ARE YOU AN IMPOSTOR?
- Mr Edwards Robert- Lotto Paying Dept

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic