SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

help

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
muffinmom
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 1:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a new boyfriend, had are frist IM today, and he is in the service, and he want to send me a laptop to send to his sone on africa. Had no clue what to do so said "when would it arrive because I have to go out of town for business," told him I might need to give him the hotel address. what do I do now?
Kokomeister
Baiting Guru

Location: Wandering around the world with a sense of adventure!

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 2:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Have your character go on the "business trip" and tell him all the everyday things you did and "ignore" talk about the payment.

OR: You could have all sorts of repairs you had to "do yourself" because your "basement flooded", your house was "infested" with "termites" and now you have to live at your very nosy neighbor's house (enter character 2) and pay a lot of money to get it all repaired.( Think 1000s range and the lad will see $ in his eyes.)

YOU ARE TOO SMALL, GO AHEAD WITH WHATEVER YOU THINK OR IMAGINED THAT YOU CAN DO TO ME, ONCE YOU TRY ONCE YOU WILL DIE HARD. YOU BETTER DON'T TRY ME AT ALL YOU FOOL- Mariam Abacha (6 months)
<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=232044">[Current ongoing bait]</a>
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Exclusive prizes]</a>
Closed lad accounts x17 Goat Easter Egg 2011 Nigeria
Safari Auntie Tina- Lagos-Parakou-Tanguieta-Niamey-Tera-Mallanville-Lagos "well the story you read in children's fairytale story book when you are young is not the same as what is happing now."
BS57
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 9:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Like KOKo said, it's OK to even flat out ignore the request for awhile...while you fill up their inbox with the tragic tale of your going out of town. Then later, they ask again and you totally freak out "it didn't arrive?" OMG I'm so heartbroken, then you send pics of some blurry receipts, etc. Now you have a NEW tragic story, all the trips you made to yell at the mail company, how badly the customer service rep treated you, etc. Keep drawing them off track, make them work to figure out what's going on.
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 10:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Remember, you want to be a real victim here, and you also want to make him work.

With other types of baits, the scammer is typically dangling money in front of you. Lack of compliance suggests that you aren't serious about the money or are playing games. When it is a romance bait, the scammer is playing entirely on emotions--and emotions can be very funny. That means you have a little more flexibility than you might have with other types of baits.

Sometimes new romance baiters are a little too anxious to be compliant. You do not need to be the picture of compliance--make him work! When you start complying from the beginning, you run out of excuses and problems sooner. Make him work before he can make any real requests. Yes, you might lose some lazy scammers, but in the end, if you are dealing with a "better" scammer, your bait will ultimately be longer, and he will do much more work, trying to get you hooked enough to do what he asks. What you want is for him to believe that he just needs to get you hooked better, and then the money will start flowing in.

While the scammer would love it if every real romance victim automatically complied with every request, they don't. This is all about feelings, which means that doubts, suspicion, jealousy, and insecurity are fair game. Maybe you still have unresolved issues from your last relationship, even unresolved feelings toward your ex. You can have friends and family in the background, telling you to slow down. Halfway through the bait, they can even tell you that he is a scammer, and you need tons of reassurance that it's not true!

He's asking you to send things to his son and he just met you? You can ignore him, pretend to cooperate, or you can refuse for lots of reasons.
-Whoa, slow down. This is just moving too fast...You've only been widowed/divorced/alone for XX, and you need some time to commit.
-You don't even know for sure that there's a future, and you don't want his son to get his hopes up. If you send it, it suggests that you are dad's new love, and you just aren't ready for that yet.
-One of your exes had you do something similar, and then it turned out that he was a lying, cheating jerk who was using you.
-You dated another guy online and shipped something for him, only to get arrested because it was stolen/contained drugs/etc.
-You just don't feel comfortable with it. What if something went wrong? You just met, he barely knows you, and no matter what he says, you know that if it's damaged/broken/doesn't make it there for any reason, it will affect your future relationship.

The point is, you can refuse his early requests, and still be a victim. Worst case? You lose a scammer and rebait him, or pick up as many new ones as you want in a couple of minutes.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic