SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

I want to do more in the fight against scammers...

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Vinata Giolla
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I feel like I could do more than bait one or two scammers at a time, which is what I'm doing at the moment. As far as baiting goes that's pretty much all I'm able to keep track of right now.

Outside of baiting, what else can I do?

"I want only to say that it is always the simplest ideas which lead to the greatest consequences. My idea, in its entirety, is that if vile people unite and constitute a force, then decent people are obliged to do likewise; just that." - War And Peace
irishemigrant
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Vinata, how about writing an article for your local paper? If you check out www.scamwarners.com the section headers are almost copy/paste with a bit of extra added by yourself to personalise it.

If there is a Senior Internet class in your locality, contact the people involved and arrange to give a talk about internet scams, and how to stay safe on the internet.

Actually, it doesn't matter what age group, any internet class would be good.

Local community type radio? Contact the features person and offer to go on air explaining about scammers.

All of those cut down the lads incomes, by making more and more people aware.

http://www.scamwarners.com/ For when you want to remember why we bait

Goodbye Mike (Paranoid) Friend, confidant, partner. Till we meet again.
Personal Message From The Axeman
Easter Egg 2012 pony pony <-- Because you have earned them. Wink Goat Goat Golden Goat Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts a few x 13
Jim Morrison
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

one thing people tend to forget, warn your family and friends!

Easter Egg 2011 Closed lad accounts x56 GermanyBenin x2 United States x6 Malaysia x2 Portugal x2 Spain x4 United Kingdom x22 United Arab Emirates x2 GhanaChinaNigeria x2 Thailand thanks to Dora and the rest of the site killing team x4 <-- Alott@ Fag1na Asian Foods, Inc. x13 <-- Hump a t0n Infl@table Dolls & Co. x18 Cellphone Cellphone website x2
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[naked women here]</a>
Safari BRUIN's WIMP Modality, Lomé - Accra
have i offended you before on why you do this to me?
God go hammer all your generation. say
amen. - reverend
are you joking or your tormentor? (I am tormentor Twisted Evil )
Gommer basterd your mama is a prostitute, am a full niger delta boy and i must bomb your mamas toto with ak47 riffle...
Boris_YELLsome
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^

This! Take the knowledge you gain about the way they operate and warn people you know personally. A friend of mine saved his gf's mom from falling for a scam.

Cannot confirm nor deny I am part of any club having to do with Todgers
<i>"I am so sorry if i sound rude,please pardon me for God's sake"</i>
"please i will not like a situation whereby you call this innocent man funny names"
"let us try to tell our selves the truth sometimes, despite all lawyers are liars."
"I AM A VERY BUSY MAN AND HAVE NO TIME FOR FOLLY"

-
NICOMPOOL, DIE YOUNG K.
bravo95
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You can also post formats you get in your catcher (if you have one) over at scamwarners. This helps people that google names and information of scammers contacting them if the are a little skeptical.

Also ditto on the talking to your friends and family which was something I realized I should do after noticing my mother was chatting with a romance scammer on Facebook.

Closed lad accounts Goat Golden Goat  Mc Fry Pole Dancer Mortar  Tattoo Easter Egg 2011

Vcamera Off to see the wizard!

United States United Kingdom Nigeria Ghana

Sand Timer Shortstuff

Safari Brother Mike co-bait with NWM : Agbor, Nigeria to Douala
Safari Brother Mike again with the help of Juan and Allst@R : Agbor to Abuja
Safari Pastor Clet Star Wars Safari Accra-Bauchi Co-Bait with NWM and the Rebels 
Safari Justice my He@vy Elecric1ty lad Accra to Tamale with the help of Alls@r and Juan
Safari Operation "Lagos spy" 
Safari The Dynamic Dumbasses 
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Don't forget turning orange...that helps too. Glad to see such a go getter. Keep it up, every lad you bait wastes his time and resources and keeps vic out of his sights.

Public Service postings anywhere you can. Church bullettin boards, laundrymats. bus stops, get the word out, educate the public.

-----------
Closed lad accounts x13 Goat Easter Egg Mortar x3 x4 Elite Ninja Team Member

We are Karma's soldiers.
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Mugu Gold</a>

I must be cruel, only to be kind:
Thus bad begins and worse remains behind.
-Hamlet, scene iv

Vinata Giolla
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Cool, thanks guys Mr. Green

"I want only to say that it is always the simplest ideas which lead to the greatest consequences. My idea, in its entirety, is that if vile people unite and constitute a force, then decent people are obliged to do likewise; just that." - War And Peace
music man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Can i interest you in killing some fake lad banks? Killing lads banks costs them money. Its not difficult and we have a goodly number of experienced killers who are more than keen to help new killers. Visit us here

Switzerland x2 Netherlands x2 Filipino flag United States x104 United Kingdom x213 Portugal x4 Spain x20 Belgium x4 Canada Hong Kong Italy x2 x1 France x2 Russia x2 Luxembourg Australia x2 Sweden x2 Czech Republic x2 Mortar x13

You will rot in jail.watch your back- any shadow could be mine ! YOU ARE VERY EASY TO TRACK IN YOU NEIGHBOURHOOD ! DRUNKARD AND A SCUMBAG LIKE YOU!
mike lawrence (cheque scammer)

Go fuck your dead parents asshole!!!How can a deaf fool make clean money..The money that you have will never be spent on anything reasonable.
So fuck off..dont reply me again until the cops get your stinking ass...
Lyord Melson- cheque scammer
$4.002million and £214K in fake cheques taken out of circulation. (updated May 2009)
Vinata Giolla
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sounds good. Thanks Smile

Morgain Le Fay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A little thing I do when talking to friends is give them a little business card a nice company online made for free since I was a good customer.

All it says on the card along with a small picture of a unicorn is:
Quote:

If you receive scam email, please forward to ______(my Morgain addy)____

This way they have a little something to keep near their computer. And I have received a number of scam forwards from my friends, which I either bait myself or post up in Surplus.

The idea irishimmigrant posted is a very good one because often times it is the Seniors who are especially vulnerable.........on the computer and the door-to-door scams.
Quote:
If there is a Senior Internet class in your locality, contact the people involved and arrange to give a talk about internet scams, and how to stay safe on the internet.

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
Click here to support 419Eater.com
US Dropbox

"You people are all Junks" - Miss E. Kabx

"Maybe you are insane as your so called sat..." Barrister Insane

The website below is available for Eater folks to use.
Film & Production Needs
N N N
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd certainly go along with the bank killing and telling friends and family BUT warn them don't bore them! Telling them your exploits gets you marked as "weird" so try to avoid recounting your baiting experiences, it's fine with the 419 community but a lot of people see what is done here as a bit unusual.
Jim Morrison
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ I got the same reaction in my family, I came across scam baiting in a newspaper, as I was reading it I told my family how cool this sounded and they almost killed me: are you crazy? That's dangerous?...

Easter Egg 2011 Closed lad accounts x56 GermanyBenin x2 United States x6 Malaysia x2 Portugal x2 Spain x4 United Kingdom x22 United Arab Emirates x2 GhanaChinaNigeria x2 Thailand thanks to Dora and the rest of the site killing team x4 <-- Alott@ Fag1na Asian Foods, Inc. x13 <-- Hump a t0n Infl@table Dolls & Co. x18 Cellphone Cellphone website x2
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[naked women here]</a>
Safari BRUIN's WIMP Modality, Lomé - Accra
have i offended you before on why you do this to me?
God go hammer all your generation. say
amen. - reverend
are you joking or your tormentor? (I am tormentor Twisted Evil )
Gommer basterd your mama is a prostitute, am a full niger delta boy and i must bomb your mamas toto with ak47 riffle...
Baitsamurai
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ same with me - but at the same time they were telling me how dangerous that is and that these people could hack into my PC they were surfing without a firewall!
Changed that and I love to tell people about the danger of hidden links and phishing sites.
My boss was so scared, he refused to sell his stuff on ebay to anybody not living in Germany Laughing

"u dis fucking ingrate, *DELETED*!"
"YOU ARE VERY VERY STPEID MAN FUK YOU WITH YOUR MONEY"
"you are a thief i know you ....fbi is coming for you"
"YOU WILL RUST IN HELL YOU BASTERD"
"I don't mean no disrespect but i don't like that word cunning,I mean this is a charity work for Christ's sake"
Easter Egg 2011 Closed lad accounts x84 x124 Mortar United KingdomGermanyUnited States
Safari C0nv0y/P4tr1ck Co-Bait with Boris_YELLsome: Lagos-Abuja-Lagos-Cotonou

Don't ever worry about seeming stupid. We're baiters. We do a lot of silly things in our baits. (Ima Baeder)
Vinata Giolla
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My parents told me scam baiting is dangerous too...they don't know I'm still doing it Razz

Craig007
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
they almost killed me: are you crazy? That's dangerous?...

I had the same reaction - I happened to be discussing it with a friend, and his PARTNER no less voiced objection, and insisted that should he ever dare to bait like I did, he would find himself single. What a loon.

She also felt sorry for the lads, and felt I was exploiting them (even AFTER explaining all of the damage they do).

Of course, she's ginger and vegetarian, which explains most of her reaction...

pony pony pony Easter Egg Goat Vcamera

Mortar x7 Closed lad accounts Thailand Canada

Safari Safari Wulugu or Bust Safari- Lagos, Nigeria to Paga, Ghana and Tokwari, Ghana X2-3800mi. "I'm leaving this bullshit area"

Safari - Accra to Cotonou - 430 miles

100% RISK FREE TRANSACTION

CHERRIE MENTOR PROGRAM
Morgain Le Fay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Often times people fear what they do not know or understand.

Mortar x5
TV Star
.edu's 260 reported
Click here to support 419Eater.com
US Dropbox

"You people are all Junks" - Miss E. Kabx

"Maybe you are insane as your so called sat..." Barrister Insane

The website below is available for Eater folks to use.
Film & Production Needs
irishemigrant
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

rude right wing fascist wrote:
I happened to be discussing it with a friend

OT but Craig has friends?

Back to the topic, where I am living now, the local community run internet courses for seniors, and ok, the bar is set low, they class it at age 55 plus, but good on them.

I am presently running workshops on internet scams with them, and believe me, the learning goes both ways, in what they have been told by their children, which is why they have bought a computer, to keep in touch, and with what I have learnt from here and Scamwarners.

If you want to help stop people being scammed, go join up, or link into, or make yourself available, for any and all internet classes locally. And don't be surprised when you find the person running the courses is bloody ignorant, just learn how to deal with them politely and factually.

www.scamwarners.com has a huge amount of information that is freely available to use, just post a note saying you are using it and where.

It isn't all safaris and trophies, if you get out into your local community and make everyone aware, you are doing more to stop the lads than a silly pic, a bus ticket to Cotonou ever does.

Easter Egg 2012 pony pony <-- Because you have earned them. Wink Goat Goat Golden Goat Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts a few x 13
internationalchrysis
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My mum knows I scambait, and it turned out to be handy last night. Not only is she she savvy to internet scammers now because of the crap I put them through, she actually got one SNAIL MAILED to her yesterday and sent it on to me.

As well as that I'm finding a growing number of people here in Melbourne who know of people who've been scammed, and when they find out about my hobby they're like "That is SO awesome! I can't believe there are people willing to do that"

Safari x1 (Senegal to Gambia)
"You can go now and f*ck yourself with a donkey or horse because you really need to be f*cked by a donkey or horse"
(George Michael's brother Frank/Frannypoo)

"You are a dead meat!"
(Léon the (Not so) Professional)

Closed lad accounts (19 in total:
x2 Léon the (not so) Professional. x4 Via Swindler's list. x4 Via Will and Grace the Law Firm. x3 *Hitman, x1 Hitman: The sequel!, , x1 Haiti scam, x1 The Bimbo (via Umbongo Chambers),
x1 Rita the ETA eater, x1 Via Team Doughnut, x1 Via Prince Emaka, x4 via the Nazis)
irishemigrant
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ Pity Melbourne will never win the GF, but nice IC

Keep the info going out

WillEater
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just today, I referred a friend to this wonderful resource..

Scammer wanted to send a check for his Off Road car.. that included shipping, and he was to forward the shipping portion to an "Agent".

I suggested joining and a mentor..

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic