SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Scammer wants me to call a genuine bank

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Humpback Jack
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm in touch with a scammer from Hong Kong, who wants me to call ASN BANK NL first thing tomorrow morning to create an account.

(for the purposes of transferring the money from a dead old man who was caught in the horrific tsunami of 2004 blah blah blah)

I do not want to call a bank in the Netherlands, but I do want to continue messing this turkey around.

Is this common? What would actually happen if I call the bank ...the number I have been given has a genuine Dutch area code before it, so I really would be calling that part of the world, wheras my scammer is from Hong Kong.

Any suggestions? Thanks
ScammedOut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There's a whole nest of lads in the Netherlands. What's the number he gave you to call? Is it the same as on this site? (I assume this a telephone number)

http://www.asnbank.nl/index.asp?nid=9429

YOU GO SLEEP YOU NO GO WAKE UP AGAIN
SEE YOU ASS IN HELL fucking tax payer ..
REJOICE IN HELL - Jack L1n (Mr.)
Enough fooling around with yourself. Your parents and family are Fucking scammer!
You are a white baboon,that doesn't even take
shower.
-Miss Gbagbo, Christian.
I NEVER SEE ANIMAL LIKE YOU. Your papa be castrated so he no make more like you!
Easter Egg 2012 - Robert Miller, philanthropist Closed lad accounts
"I am okay but had a little fracture on our last operation." - Capt. Highliner
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Check that phone number ^^ if then it seems that they just want the account to see if you cooperate.
{If not spend an Euro on a payphone to see what it is.}

Comply and make him happy.
Bad credit rating though will prevent you from doing that over the phone, you made an appointment with the manager at his earliest convenience, next week Friday? Wink

Patience is a virtue Evil or Very Mad

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ScammedOut wrote:
There's a whole nest of lads in the Netherlands. What's the number he gave you to call? Is it the same as on this site? (I assume this a telephone number)

http://www.asnbank.nl/index.asp?nid=9429

Already looked; I couldn't find the number the lad provided anywhere on the official site for that bank.

The lad gave me a contact name to go with the number; a member of staff from the bank. He also gave me a template email to send them for opening an account too, which I did forward because initially I was under the assumption that it was the same person with an alias. But then the whole phone number/ area code thing threw me.

Hmm...

Thanks
Jeannette
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You might just flash the number - let it ring once, then hang up. Excuse: You couldn't get through. No money spent and maximum effect.

bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

now I get it, as ^ and check IP# of all parties.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Bet ya the lad sent you a link to a real bank and a phone number of another scammer, along with character name, etc. If I am going to open a new bank account, I drop into a branch, not call and ask for a specific person at a bank - and you betcha the bank would have a memorable freephone number for new customers, not a crappy jumble of domestic/mobile digits.

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The lad says he wants me to buy him a house with the money, so that he and his family can live over here.

It's backwards!!

IP numbers not an issue, all web sited legit. It's the phone number which is the confusion.
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Bill2 will be referring to the IP addresses of the email sender, what country do they resolve to? Probably somewhere a few hundred miles South of Holland?

If the number isn't on the banks website, it is not their main number, and as I suggested, it has nothing to do with the real bank. What is the number, the first few digits at least?

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

manbiteslion wrote:
Bill2 will be referring to the IP addresses of the email sender, what country do they resolve to? Probably somewhere a few hundred miles South of Holland?

If the number isn't on the banks website, it is not their main number, and as I suggested, it has nothing to do with the real bank. What is the number, the first few digits at least?

0031 which is the standard area code for the Netherlands. I mentioned this above. The lad's number (found at the bottom of all his emails is 00852 (Hong Kong). So either he really DOES want me to call the official bank to set up an account or, two lads, from two different continents are working together.

(or it's somehow possible to breach the area code system, but I'm pretty sure I can detect a HK accent from a dutch one... if I were to call the "bank")

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I'm pretty sure I can detect a HK accent from a dutch one...

But can you tell a Lad accent from a Dutch one? Wink

YOU GO SLEEP YOU NO GO WAKE UP AGAIN
SEE YOU ASS IN HELL fucking tax payer ..
REJOICE IN HELL - Jack L1n (Mr.)
Enough fooling around with yourself. Your parents and family are Fucking scammer!
You are a white baboon,that doesn't even take
shower.
-Miss Gbagbo, Christian.
I NEVER SEE ANIMAL LIKE YOU. Your papa be castrated so he no make more like you!
Easter Egg 2012 - Robert Miller, philanthropist Closed lad accounts
"I am okay but had a little fracture on our last operation." - Capt. Highliner
Wurzgnubbel
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I would think he has a friend in the Netherlands, or it's some kind of redirect-thing. There's no way he would want you to call the real bank.

You might, however, do so. Tell him you couldn't get through on the number he gave you and called the one on the website instead. (That way the bait may be close to over though, so on second thought you may not want to try that).

the test question here is still who is the bastard b@la h@ssan, so were did you change the test question, and there is no change in this slip, this is the first slip you sent to me, you are wasting my time and dont call me a bastard in your next mail. (Hitman B@la H@ssan)

Closed lad accounts 5x
Humpback Jack
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Guys it's okay now, the "Dutch" lad (bank) sent me over a PDF application to open a bank account. No need to call.

...An application form which was an absolute joke. Bad typefaces, skewed text and spelling mistakes. Now I know that neither are genuine. The game continues....

Thanks for all your help.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic