SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Is This a scam?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
kodyman11
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello im new to this site;-) and im currently talking to a reseller from china who sale apple products.

email address is [email protected]

he sells wholesale apple products but only except western union as he say thats apple new rules starting feb 2011.

he sent me pics of his stock with my name by it.
and wholesaler document and appears genuine but im just not sure.

could someone from this site contact with him and judge if its fraud or not. thanks.
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes it will be a scam for sure. Apple's new rules my backside - Apple want you to buy retail from their own stores in your own country, they make more money but you get the support packages. Apple do not do wholesale pricing to consumers paid in cash (WU) - how hard is it for some kid to print your name and stick it on a box, after all.

Aaaaand even if it were legit (and I assure you it is not, you would lose your money, guaranteed), you would be stung for shipping, duty and taxes making the prices MUCH higher, before having no support from Apple when they went wrong (as grey imports). But you won't even get that far, it is a pure rip-off scam.

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Anytime you have a retailer who only accepts payment by Western Union.........RUN.

http://www.youyagate.com/seehelp.asp?classid=4&id=8

http://www.youyagate.com/cat.asp?catid=109

The email address shows up at the bottom of those pages

And they have a payment page, which kind of conflicts with what you're being told.
http://www.youyagate.com/seehelp.asp?classid=2&id=12

I'd keep far away from this.

<A href="http://www.dragonladies.org/bbs">Dragonladies.org</a>
fashmo
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

More info http://www.fraudwatchers.org/forums/view.php?pg=fw_buychina

From here

Quote:
Jabong82's rules of mobile phones:

1. AUTHENTIC IS NOT CHEAP!!!
2. BRANDED ELECTRONICS DON'T COME FROM ASIA!!!
3. PROFIT MARGINS ARE SMALL!!!
4. MONEY IS MADE ON VOLUME!!!
5. PAYPAL IS NOT SAFE!!!
6. WIRE TRANSFER IS THE NORM!!!
7. ESCROW AND LC ARE NOT PRACTICAL FOR LARGE ORDERS!!!
8. HEY NEWBIE, DON'T SELL ON EBAY!!!
9. ELECTRONICS CAN BE PROFITABLE!!!

1. Authentic is not cheap:

If you think you are going to buy an iphone for $300 and resell it on ebay for $1000 you are an idiot. Think of it this way, if you were the guy with the iphones, would you sell it for that cheap? Always put the shoe on the other foot. A lot of prices offered by these scammers are also ridiculously low, i mean there have been studies for some of the popular models of phones estimating what they cost to manufacture (though we never really know for sure, but its in the ballpark). Quality phones aren't cheap to make. Its not like apple makes an iphone for $50 and then sells it to you for $400. Use your brain.

2, Branded Electronics Don't Come From Asia:

China in particular is a HUGE scam area when it comes to consumer electronics. My advice to you, DON'T BUY FROM CHINA OR ANY ASIAN COUNTRY PERIOD. You will be much better off, lets leave it at that.

3. Profit Margins Are Small:

In this industry profit margins are small. If you think you are going to buy something for $200 and sell it for $400, get out of the business before you western union all your money away to China. From wholesale to the end buyer, for the most part it is under 10%. For example, if you can buy a mobile phone for $500 and resell for $550, you are DOING PHENOMENAL!!!! Usually on a $500 phone, you probably will make AT MOST $50, with the norm probably closer to the $30 range.

4. Money Is Made On Volume:

WHY?!?!?! Because a wholesaler like me can't give you a good price if you only buy 10 units. BY THE WAY A BULK ORDER IS NOT 10 pieces. You don't know how many emails I get asking me "well what is the price for 1, 5, 10 units??? Um let me see... If you buy 1 its $500, 5 its $475, and 10 its $450. NOT!!!! GET REAL PEOPLE!!! Don't expect "bulk" pricing if you don't buy a "bulk" order.

In mobiles, bulk start to begin at around 100 pieces. Why? Because legitimate sellers will have a hard time making ANY MONEY on small orders. Lets break it down by example.

Say you have a phone that retails for $100. A wholesale price at LOWEST will probably be $80 (which would leave an amazing 25% margin for the buyer). That being said, someone who is selling wholesale for the most part his price is probably $75. The wholesaler is not sitting on a $50 per phone cost in this example and marking it up 50% to you with a $25 markup. Usually wholesale mark ups are in the 1-3% range.

That being said, on this transaction if the wholesaler's cost is $75 and sells to you at $80, his profit is $5/phone. Now if you only buy 10 phones, that leaves only a $50 profit for the wholesaler. Then he has to still pack, ship, insure, etc. which will eat up all his profits. Even worse if he has to pay paypal or a credit card company 2-3%, its not worth it at all. Now if the same scenario occurred where you bought 100 pcs instead of 10 (and paid via a bankwire to minimize payment processing fees), now through economies of scale it may be worth it for the wholesaler (ie. cheaper per unit cost on shipping etc).

Now on the flip side of the coin, the wholesaler could just raise his price to you, however if he does that YOU WON'T BUY. So as you can see, it becomes a struggle on small orders to make the sale MUTUALLY BENEFICIAL. And usually for the most part that is not possible as outlined by the example above when the volume is low.

5. Paypal Is Not Safe:

Whenever I am asked "if I accept Paypal" (which we do by the way, for samples) I know I am dealing with a Newbie. Why? Because PAYPAL IS NOT SAFE!!!. Seriously, just wire me the money and save the 3% processing fee, you are protected just about the same. Let me explain to you why.

Say I was a dishonest seller. You pay by paypal. I withdraw the money and close the paypal account. YOU ARE THEN SCREWED. The end.

Paypal is only safe when you are using it in conjunction with ebay, and even then you have guidelines to follow. Outside of ebay you are basically unprotected.

Lets go back to the above example. Say I withdrew all the money and closed the paypal account. By the time you realized you were scammed, probably a week has gone by already (and scammer is long gone). Thinking you are protected by Paypal, you will file a claim with them. After a month or so, Paypal will come back and say "You won your claim however there is no money to recover, sorry". That is fact. For more information go to paypalsucks.com

6. Wire transfer is the norm:

Wow this is gonna blow your mind! YES WIRE TRANSFER IS THE NORM. Why? BECAUSE OF FEES!!! If a wholesaler is legitimate, his markup to you will be in the 1-3% range. That being said, how can he operate if his profit is 1-3% but he has to pay Paypal 3% and thats even before shipping? Now I am not saying you go and wire everyone, as wire is used by a lot of scammers. Wires should only be used after trust has been established. However don't be quick to judge a company because they only accept wire. In this industry where margins are small, wire is really the only practical way of payment. For example, a wire transfer of $50,000 may only cost the buyer $40 at the bank, however $50,000 through paypal will cost close to $1500. Its just not practical.

7. Escrow and L/Cs are not practical for larger orders:

Yes I said it! And let me explain why! I get a lot of people asking "well can you send the order through escrow?". NOPE! Let me explain from the seller's prospective.

Aside from the 1% fee, I understand a lot of buyers want escrow because of seller fraud, but what about BUYER FRAUD? Why should I send someone I never met $50,000 worth of merchandise half way across the world, and PRAY that he is honest and tells escrow.com (or whatever service) that I sent LEGIT GOODS? Bait and switches happen more often than you think.

On the flip side of the coin, what if I sent you a box of rocks instead of your mobile phones and told escrow.com that you are lying and I sent you the goods??? It becomes a he said / she said game (I've seen it happen), and thats just not pretty. Our suggestion to customers who request these services is to start with small orders. It really is safer for both parties involved.

Now with regards to L/Cs, I particularly write these because of all the Bogus Production runs being touted out there. For LARGE ORDERS (with regards to mobiles), L/C is HARDLY IF EVER USED BY LEGIT COMPANIES. Why? Because it is HUGE risk to the seller. Even with irrevocable POs etc. the full risk is placed on the seller. Why? Because the seller is the one fronting the money for the merchandise. The buyer can do all he can to wiggle out of the agreement from refusing shipments, lying, breaking contract etc. If somebody really wants 10k units, we tell them to start small and work your way up. If you SERIOUSLY want that many units, ALL DISTRIBUTORS WHO ARE CAPABLE OF GETTING THEIR HANDS ON THAT AMOUNT WILL TELL YOU THE SAME THING. MONEY TALKS / BS WALKS. THEY WILL SAY I WILL SHOW YOU MY CREDENTIALS, YOU SHOW ME YOU AREN'T FULL OF *****.

When L/Cs are used, its usually in the case where the seller is in possession of the units already, as he is more willing to do an L/C because he has already made the cash outlay for the goods. But even in that case, he will probably do a fly and buy and just have the buyer come down and pick the units up as L/Cs are rather labor intensive to create.

SO FOR THE MOST PART, FOR LARGE ORDERS ESCROW AND L/C IS NOT USED. EVEN AT THESE LEVELS BANK WIRES ARE THE NORM.

The correction regarding your gender is noted.
The word sir is an official rerm used as a mark of respect irrespective of sex

Send to me your private phone number so as to enable me talk to you earball to earbell

Easter Egg 2013United Kingdom x 2
Italy x 1 Wheel of Rome
Netherlands x 1
kodyman11
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks you all. I just wished it was real. N Stepan how did you find that site. Nice find
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

kodyman11 wrote:
Stepan how did you find that site. Nice find

Google [email protected] , you even get a link to this thread as well. Standard operating procedure round here.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
GordonBennett
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Rule of thumb: any thread that's titled "Is this a scam?" - the answer is always 'yes'.

Purple Flower
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic