SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

I can't tell whether or not this is a scam...

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
wufail
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

PERSONAL LOANS - business LOANS -auto LOANS- student loans (716-866-6747)i do loans up to 10 grand cash(auto loans i give loans for full amount) ,get loan in a hour , reason i do loans is to promote my websites(THEY ARE ADULT WEBSITES ), its a good way to get word out by word of mouth (thats the interest of loan promote my company ) , there is a small fee(fee verifies you can repay loan and are serious) to get loan and the loan is good for 18 months meaning you got up to 18 months to repay loan , fast and easy loans , when contacting me there is a 24 hour rule to get loan im not going to argue and wait and waste my time to see if you decide want a loan weeks later , they are cash loans , same day(in a hour , i do 2to 6 loans a month , 18 months to repay , must promote my websites thats easy cell(716 866 6747) names johnny 716 866 6747 I DO NOT CHECK EMAIL SO CELL TEXT OR CALL IS WAY TO CONTACT ME THANK YOU

I had an SMS conversation with this guy back and forth for a while. His english seems pretty good, but there is the western union thing. He hasn't asked for a social security number or id but wants me to send money to his 'assistant' in Buffalo, NY. What do you all think?
Bankster
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

At first glance, because I'm short on time:

Definitely a scam. 1. payment via WU is requested, 2. payment of a 'fee' is requested before loan can be granted, 3. SMS instead of company website, 4. no credit or identity check before loan is granted.

According to numberingplans.com, the number he gives is an actual cell phone (as opposed to VoIP, redirection or Google Voice). I wonder if that means it's a US-based lad?

Elite Ninja Team Member Easter Egg 2012 Goat Golden Goat Purple Flower Penguin
(United States United Kingdom Benin China Nigeria) x10 __ x?
ratter
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi and welcome to eater. We deal with advance fee fraud in many guises.

Bankster hit the main points. Plus: Trust your instincts: if you have to ask, it's probably not legit.

Here's what the FTC has to say about advance fee loans.

This guy advertises all over...he also hires drivers. I'd bet you have to pay to apply for those jobs, too.

Hang around and learn how to toy with scammers...read the stickies, apply for a mentor, and bait safe. Part of the latter is not to use your real life info with scammers, so just tell Johnny you're not interested. There are plenty more to torment.

edited to remove extra url tag

United KingdomUnited StatesNigeriaSpainSwitzerlandBeninNetherlandsCanadaGhanaItalyIrelandMalaysiaUnited Nations = 56

Goat

PayPal Modality

Last edited by ratter on Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jim Morrison
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

are you using your personal cell phone?

Easter Egg 2011 Closed lad accounts x56 GermanyBenin x2 United States x6 Malaysia x2 Portugal x2 Spain x4 United Kingdom x22 United Arab Emirates x2 GhanaChinaNigeria x2 Thailand thanks to Dora and the rest of the site killing team x4 <-- Alott@ Fag1na Asian Foods, Inc. x13 <-- Hump a t0n Infl@table Dolls & Co. x18 Cellphone Cellphone website x2
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[naked women here]</a>
Safari BRUIN's WIMP Modality, Lomé - Accra
have i offended you before on why you do this to me?
God go hammer all your generation. say
amen. - reverend
are you joking or your tormentor? (I am tormentor Twisted Evil )
Gommer basterd your mama is a prostitute, am a full niger delta boy and i must bomb your mamas toto with ak47 riffle...
ratter
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's not only a scam, it's illegal even if he does loan you the money:

The FTC wrote:
If the offer of the loan is made by phone but you have to pay before you get access to any money, it’s illegal. It’s illegal for companies doing business in the U.S. by phone to promise you a loan and ask you to pay for it before they make good on their promise.

(From the web site link in my previous post.)

(Edited to make some sense out of my drivel..)

United KingdomUnited StatesNigeriaSpainSwitzerlandBeninNetherlandsCanadaGhanaItalyIrelandMalaysiaUnited Nations = 56

Goat

PayPal Modality

Last edited by ratter on Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
bigdaddy
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you used your own cell phone, drop him immediately! Read the stickies and bait safe. You can easily sign up for phone services like Skype that cant be tracked back to you.

Madam F**k you with your game ok and dont write to my email or l will track you down with FBI you play with me .

You are nothing but an idiot , You must die by motor accident by fooling with a man that is old enough to be your father .
soon you will writing from your grave .
IDIOT (Barrister after I closed his bank account)

Safari Ch4nt4l Posse-Accra, Ghana > Cotonou, Benin (Co-Bait with GnarlySpoof+psychicbait)
Closed lad accounts x 11 Easter Egg 2011

* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
ScammedOut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
His english seems pretty good,

No. He's able to spell simple words, but no correct punctuation or sentences and no capital letters. No one who is legit or has even a minimal education or grasp of the language would write this way.

Giving out loans to finance an adult site? Usually people GET loans to start a business, not give them.

YOU GO SLEEP YOU NO GO WAKE UP AGAIN
SEE YOU ASS IN HELL fucking tax payer ..
REJOICE IN HELL - Jack L1n (Mr.)
Enough fooling around with yourself. Your parents and family are Fucking scammer!
You are a white baboon,that doesn't even take
shower.
-Miss Gbagbo, Christian.
I NEVER SEE ANIMAL LIKE YOU. Your papa be castrated so he no make more like you!
Easter Egg 2012 - Robert Miller, philanthropist Closed lad accounts
"I am okay but had a little fracture on our last operation." - Capt. Highliner
Eliza_Doolittle
"Warned for lad hugging"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am in agreement with the others.

Please stop talking to him on your own cell/number. Never bait with your real information.

If you would like to bait this person, it's best to sign up for a mentor. Also, as mentioned above, please read the stickies. Try to read as much about baiting as possible before you begin. This will keep you safe.

Welcome to eater!

vLad's ebay auction states "Wonderful seller! Thinks "out of the box" to get item to you."
<br>
starstar Ghana Easter Egg 2013

Vcamera <a href="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrsRobinson419"> Click to see the videos Ed sent me.</a><br>
<A href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/index.html"> Eliza's lad quotes, photos, and audio files</a>
Mortar x12
*this sig icon has been censored* <br><a href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/809104_ML.pdf" > click here</a> for a Bank Account Transfer Form.
Golden Pith
music man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Its a SCAM!! Its not baitable and I would suggest that you may find a Jamaican somewhere close.

Switzerland x2 Netherlands x2 Filipino flag United States x104 United Kingdom x213 Portugal x4 Spain x20 Belgium x4 Canada Hong Kong Italy x2 x1 France x2 Russia x2 Luxembourg Australia x2 Sweden x2 Czech Republic x2 Mortar x13

You will rot in jail.watch your back- any shadow could be mine ! YOU ARE VERY EASY TO TRACK IN YOU NEIGHBOURHOOD ! DRUNKARD AND A SCUMBAG LIKE YOU!
mike lawrence (cheque scammer)

Go fuck your dead parents asshole!!!How can a deaf fool make clean money..The money that you have will never be spent on anything reasonable.
So fuck off..dont reply me again until the cops get your stinking ass...
Lyord Melson- cheque scammer
$4.002million and £214K in fake cheques taken out of circulation. (updated May 2009)
wufail
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the replies. I didn't use my personal cell, just an old prepaid cell from a year ago. I did a little research, and he does charge an upfront fee to apply for his "jobs". I think this is a US-based lad.
N N N
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Google the number ... lots of hits, mostly his classified ads all over the USA .... and this one (NSFW)

Linky
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic