SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

2001: A Space Bait

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Rowenar
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

When I'm reading Arthur C Clarke, sometimes I can't resist. I tracked down the address of someone I baited a while back, and emailed them...from the same email account as before, just with my name changed to 'Dave Bowman'. It was a classic romance style thing. I wanted to do a lot more, but sadly she was demanding money, so some of it was rushed. In any case, I hope you enjoy!
Hers in red, mine in blue, and her lawyer in green.
I wonder how many references you can spot...

Quote:
Hello,
I hope that this mail will meet you in good condition. My name is Miss olivia Konte. I am origin of Ivory-Coast, but living Senegal currently. I am a young pretty single girl. your profile attracted me while i was searching to meet my better half. i would like to get acquainted with you, since tribe, distance and age does not matter to me. I will like you to write me with my email address, so that i can explain to you more about me along with my picture. Here is my email (------------------)
Awaiting your reply.
olivia.

Quote:
Hi, sorry this response took so long, I've just come back from a mission to TMA-1.
My name's David Bowman. Hi Olivia.

Quote:
My Dear;

How are you over there? As for me, I am fine here in Dakar-Senegal. My name is Miss Olivia Konte, from Ivory-Coast, West Africa presently residing in the refugee camp here in Dakar due to the civil war going on in my country.
I am 22 years old young girl. I am single, never married. I was a drop-out at University after the sudden death of my beloved parents.

My late father Dr Clement Konte was a Deputy in government during the regime of late President Robert Guei before the rebels attacked our house one early morning killing my mother and my father. I managed to make my way to nearby country Senegal where i am living now.
I would like to know more about you. Your likes and dislikes, your hobbies and what you are doing presently. I will tell you more about myself in my next mail.

I attach here my picture for you, though i am not all that photogenic, I hope you wouldn’t mind.
I wait to hear from you soonest.
Best regards,
Olivia

Attached were two pictures of a charming young girl, as well as a picture of a rose. It's impressive how she turns herself into a flower, no?

Quote:
That sounds awful. I'm sorry.
There's not much to say about me. I'm an astronaut with NASA (I've got a mission to Saturn coming up, but we should still be able to stay in contact, most of the time). I can't really say much else.

I know, I'm a sympathetic astronaut. Who miraculously accesses the internet. From space. Um...

Quote:
My dearest,
How is your health and your work? I believe it is wonderful. But it would have been better with me on your side.
My dear things are very bad for me here in the refugee camp where i am living today. I was a first year student in the university studying law before the ugly incident that killed my parents that put me in this horrible place i found myself today.
This place is like a prison as we are only allowed to go out on Mondays and Friday of the week as given by the united nation refugee camp rules and regulation here in Senegal . I thank God for the pastor of Christ the king church located in the camp where i send and receive emails. We are given only fifteen minutes to check our mails, as i am using the computer there are so many refuges here who want to use the computer.
My dear i will like you to help me to come to your place to meet with you in your country for a better life as my health is going down daily here due to the poor condition of the camp where i am living.
My dear, please there is one important thing that i would like you to do for me as i need some body who will assist me due to my refugee status here in Senegal. Before the death of my father, he deposited a sum of $5.7 million dollars in one of the online bank in Europe, which my name appears as the next of kin.
Already i have informed the bank about my plans to claim the money but the bank told me to look for a foreign partner who will assist me in the claim due to my refugee status here in Senegal . As a refugee i don’t have a direct claim over the money, but can only have it through an appointed representative.

I will enlighten you more about this matter pending when I receive your reply and your full acceptance to help me on this issue. you can call me with this telephone number so that i can explain my situation better to you (-------)

God bless you as you help me out from here,
yours sincerely,
OLIVIA.

Quote:
I'm fine thank you, work's very interesting; I'm heading out to Saturn with a friend of mine, Frank Poole. Don't worry, I should be able to keep in contact most of the time, when there's no eclipsed signal.
I do hope I can help; I won't call yet though. What time zone are you in? I don't want to disturb you.

That's my top excuse for not calling, it usually works. They're often too lazy to respond. Otherwise I call at their midnight via evaphone. Twisted Evil

Quote:
My dearest
I thank you for your reply. I will also like to see you face to face very soon because God have shown me that you are the only person destined to rescue me out from this terrible place called refugee camp. I thank GOD almighty that has chosen you to help me amongst other people on this planet.
I believe that you are the person i am going to depend and trust in my life as you have promised to be my helper and i promised to be obedient to you forever.
I am not going to give your love to any other person and i will not discuss this matter with any other person because i believe that you will satisfy me.
I will like you to keep this transfer as a secret to other people because since it is (MONEY) some bad people will try to spoil our plan. Remember in trust, i prayed and fasted when i got your contact and God revealed to me that you are the right person to help me in this transfer due to my refugee status here in the prison called refugee camp.
I have informed the bank about my plans to claim this money and the only thing they told me is to look for a foreign partner who will stand on my behalf due to my refugee status and the laws of this country against a refugee like me.
In this regard i will like you to contact the bank transfer officer immediately with this information, telling him that you are my foreign partner and that you want to know the possibilities of assisting me in transferring (USD$5.7 Million) deposited by my late father of which i am the next of kin.
The contact information of the bank is as follows,
CLYDESDALE BANK PLC LONDON.
Email addresses, ( ------------------ )
Name of the senior transfer officer is, Mr. Donald Cole.
Account Number: 87423007
Depositor: DR. CLEMENT KONTE
Next of kin: MISS OLIVIA KONTE

Please contact the bank immediately on how to transfer the $5.7 million Dollars deposited by my late Father of which i am the next of kin.
Please make sure that you contact the bank so that after the transfer you can send some money from that money for me to prepare my traveling documents to meet with you over there in your country. I would like to come to your country to live the rest of my life with you, but presently i lack the financial support in order to get passport and flight ticket. Therefore i want to join you over there in your country as soon as the transfer is over.

Yours sincerely,
Olivia

Quote:
I'll try and email the bank later. Sorry, I've had quite a hard day, the man I'm working with (Frank Poole) just died. Sorry, I just can't quite believe it; it shouldn't have happened.
I will email the bank, just not right now. I think something's wrong with the computer; it should have saved Frank. I don't want to try anything while there's still danger.
I just realized you haven't seen me. I attached my picture from NASA. I don't look that great, sorry.

Several days later...

Quote:
Ok, I'm back. Sorry it took so long, my computer went insane, I had to shut him down.
I'm about to contact the bank.

Now, it's the classic 'I'm Dave Bowman' letter to the bank, and the 'give us lawyer-signed documents'.
Before they replied however...

Quote:
My dear,

How are you doing? I hope that you are feeling very fine. darling i contacted the bank to inform them about you and the bank told me that you have sent them an email, which they also confirmed to me that they have replied you today. darling thank you very much for contacting the bank. please kindly forward the bank's letter to me, so that i can see their reply and requirements.
I wait for your kind reply.
God bless you.
yours sincerely Olivia

Quote:
I have not received an email from them, I'm sorry to say. It may have gotten lost around Saturn; so it might be a little late in arriving. Sometimes there's a delay.

And then, the bank emailed!

Quote:
Hi Olivia, it's Dave, the bank requested a few items; which you can see below. I don't suppose you can help?
I'll reply as quickly as I can, I got told about an anomaly near me, which I need to visist (NASA work), so I might take a little time to respond. Sorry I'll do my best though; I wasn't expecting this much hassle in my job.

She told me to email her lawyer, Fred Jones.

Quote:
Dear Mr. Dave Bowman,

Prior to your letter which i received today at my chamber on how to prepare Power of Attorney and Affidavit of Oath from Senegal high court for you and your partner Miss Olivia Konte.
Before I proceed with this transaction, I would want you to forward to me your contact information, examples, your full names, home or working addresses as you want it to appear at the power of attorney and affidavit of oath.
Again, prior to my inquiries from Clydesdale Bank London today, I was made to understand from the bank that there are four vital documents required by their bank before the transfer of the money into your account.

1. A copy of Death certificate of late. Dr. Clement Konte.
2. A copy of late Dr. Clement Konte's Bank Statement of account.
3. Power of Attorney.
4. Affidavit of Oath.

Meanwhile Statement of Account and Death Certificate of late Dr. Clement Konte are available. It's now remaining the other documents (3 & 4). Which are Power of Attorney and Affidavit of Oath? These documents will enable the Bank to deal with you on behalf of your partner?

In view of above and from my inquiries, it will cost the sum of $180 USD for authentication of the power of attorney, $100 USD for Affidavit of Oath, $170 USD for notary stamping at the notary office (before it will become valid) $150 USD for posting the documents to the bank in London through courier service (DHL) and my legal processing fee of $150USD. Total ($750 USD) (Seven Hundred & Fifty American Dollars ).

Remember that this sum is highly needed for the preparation of the documents. Therefore I will want you to pay the money as soon as possible, So that i can prepare the documents for you without delay.
You are advised to send this money through Western union Money Transfer, with my names and address below.

FREDRICH JONES.
NO 48 AVENUE LAMINE GUEYE,
DAKAR SENEGAL.

For your information, make sure you inform me immediately you send the money and also forward the money transfer codes and payment slip to enable me to collect the money here.

I assure you that the documents must be ready within two working days, starting from the day that I receive the money from you.
Yours sincerely in service,
Bar (Dr) Fredrich Jones.
(Principal Partner). (ESQ)
No 48 Avenue Lamine Gueye (2nd-floor)
Dakar,Senegal.

Quote:
Dear Friedrich Jones
I am able to get that money; but can I ask if we can cut down on the bill; but not using DHL. I have a friend, Heywood Floyd, who's in Africa at the moment. He could take the documents with him, when he flies back. Would that be possible, or is more security necessary? I assure you, I trust him completely.
Yours,
Dave Bowman

Quote:
Dear Mr. Dave Bowman,

I am replying this letter prior to your message which i received at my desk this evening. For your information, Your solution of giving the documents to your friend Heywood Floyd can be accepted, provided that your friend can transmit the documents at the bank office in London.
Thus, You can send $600.00 USD as soon as possible, so that i can prepare the documents for you without much delay.
I hope that my explanation is very clear to you.
Thanks.
Yours in social service,
Bar. Fredrich Jones. Esq.
Principal Attorney,
Fred-Jones Chambers Dakar-Senegal.

Quote:
Hi Olivia, I think the deal's quite close to being done. I just need to send off a quick payment before the documents are ready.
On an unrelated note, I thought I'd show you something I've just seen, sorry if it doesn't interest you, but I was amazed when I saw it. Not the best quality picture I'm afraid, I wasn't expecting much chance to take pictures on this trip so it was just quickly snapped on my phone. Some kind of strange monolith; its dimensions are exactly in the ratio 1, 4, 9; the quadratic sequence of numbers, yet I can't see any sign that it's artificial.
Sorry, it's just mind-boggling. Anyway, I hope you're enjoying your week.
-Dave.

Quote:
Darling Dave,

How are you doing? i hope that you are doing very fine. darling please help me to send the money to the lawyer, so that the lawyer will prepare the documents for the bank to release my late father's money into your own account. please arrange the money immediately and send it to the lawyer. i promise to refund back your money for the expenses as soon as the bank transferred my late father's money to you.
God will bless you as you help me out from this terrible refugee camp.
Sweetheart, i saw the picture that you sent to me. Thank you very much. The picture is very small, but at least i was able to you.
God bless you.
Olivia

Quote:
Thanks, I'm glad you liked it. I'll try to send off the payment tomorrow; today I've been preparing to get closer to another of those monoliths, it's been using up a lot of my time. Once I'm back, I should be able to send off the payment.
Apologies for taking so long. Not much longer to wait though!

Things were getting a little tense. I needed to send the money, soon...
Only one thing to do!
The following email was sent to the lawyer, the bank, and Ms Olivia.

Quote:
My God, it's full of stars!

So far, just one reply, quite a while ago:

Quote:
Sir Dave Bowman,

I got a little letter from you, but i couldn't understand the meaning of the sentence which says ' My God, its full of stars.
Please can you explain the motive of this sentence?
Thanks.
Bar. Fredrich Jones. Esq.
Principal Attorney,
Fred-Jones Chambers Dakar-Senegal.

This was continued a little time from a different account as Heywood Floyd, star of 2010 (and 2061), yet sadly I have left contact. 'Olivia' did not want to contact the grieving friend.
Lehigh Guy
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What are you doing Dave?

My mind is going....I can feel it.

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>

"I swear with my living GOD I SERVE BY WHATEVER FIND HOLY ...THIS IS TRULY HOLY HAND JOB I WILL NOT DISAPPOINT YOU”
_______
Am surprise you are west-ting this much time and you know that your daughters life is astake ... I see it strange, something is fishing."
_______
"If You Are A Sinner That Means You Will Go To Hill. Repaint ..."
_______
"you son a beach , bastard , you will die by gun, ogun will kill you [a dozen death threats snipped] ANY PLANS YOU HAVE PLANNED EITHER TO RUB ME OR ANY OTHER THING , YOU WILL DIR BY OGUN BYE" -- One truly pissed off lad.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic