SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Scammers seize on Japan disasters with 'record speed'

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Wright B Hindyou
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Criminals have jumped on Japan's twin earthquake and tsunami disasters at record speed, security experts said today.

Scams range from links to fake anti-virus downloads and phony donation sites to classic online swindles that rely on greed.

"Symantec has observed a classic 419 message targeting the Japanese disaster," said researcher Samir Patil in a post to the company's security blog today. "The message is a bogus 'next of kin' story that purports to settle millions of dollars owing to an earthquake and tsunami victim."

Full Story

It's sometimes worth reminding ourselves what sort of people we're dealing with here -- they view any kind of human misery simply as an opportunity to line their own pockets, diverting funds from the injured, sick and bereaved.

It serves as a good answer to people who think that scam victims are always victims of their own greed. Mad

"bastard like you, I will kill you with my hand, son of nobody. May your soul rust in help." - Titi Andrew

"I trusted you very much without knowing that you are a drug addit person" - Emma Bambara

"THIS YOUR BEHAVIOR IS IRELEVANT AND CROSPOLOS CARACTER" - Madam Clarrise Keita.

"you must speak beter because we dont train mad people in this company." - Incredible Self-Baiting Pastor Joe
Zapmaster
Wang Qin Baiter

Location: Member in good standing of the Ayers Rock Surf Club

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Catch 'em, send 'em to Japan, cleaning up radioactive zone.

Current score:
[mask:1]Bruce Goanna[/mask:1] - 5.
[mask:1]Wang Qin[/mask:1] - 0. Easter Egg 2011

Bank kills: United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Netherlands
Mortar x3
Dr Mike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That didn't take very long.
But then again, who really expected it to. Lads are scum.

SafariX 24 Random safaris
SafariX 12 Welcome to Sweden
SafariX 9 Chadian minister of tourism project
SafariX 9 Rame Head pilgrimage
Golden Pith Rame Head 2013
Globe Globe of Gluttony
Golden Pith CBC Documentary Safari
Baitsamurai
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Every Japanese charity email to me, please.

I will give'em all something to play...

"u dis fucking ingrate, *DELETED*!"
"YOU ARE VERY VERY STPEID MAN FUK YOU WITH YOUR MONEY"
"you are a thief i know you ....fbi is coming for you"
"YOU WILL RUST IN HELL YOU BASTERD"
"I don't mean no disrespect but i don't like that word cunning,I mean this is a charity work for Christ's sake"
Easter Egg 2011 Closed lad accounts x84 x124 Mortar United KingdomGermanyUnited States
Safari C0nv0y/P4tr1ck Co-Bait with Boris_YELLsome: Lagos-Abuja-Lagos-Cotonou

Don't ever worry about seeming stupid. We're baiters. We do a lot of silly things in our baits. (Ima Baeder)
Terror Mask
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Me too, thanks.
As stated in previous thread, I have a bit of a personal grudge....

I GOT YOUR MAIL RIGHT NOW BUT THE PAYMENT SLIP THAT YOU SEND TO ME DID NOT SHOW ANY SIGNAL - Barr. St3v3 Mus4 4g4w4

.......i need to know cuz i like to do thing to pleased my self ok - John (or Frank) Smith.

FOOL I DON`T CARE HOW MUCH YOU MAKE IN 3 DAY. GOD GO PUNISH YOU LITTLE RAT. BEAST LIKE UR FATHER.... FUCK YOU AND FUCK UR FAMILY... U MOTHERFUCTHER (Barr. Michael Rich) Easter Egg 2011
extremeb
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've seen a couple of articles warning people of scams regarding the Japan disaster, I've shared the links below

http://about-threats.trendmicro.com/Spam.aspx?language=us&name=Scams+Related+to+the+Japan+Earthquake+Emerge

http://blog.trendmicro.com/phishing-attack-uses-fake-donation-website/

my desire longs for your wet virginal which I intend to perfectly crest to a very high sense of you reaching a desirable organisms

* Rhymes with Orange
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Baitsamurai already found one fake Salvation Army site used for this. Evil or Very Mad

Please contribute links to news articles and scam emails at ScamWarners too.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
internationalchrysis
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Not certain where I would post this article in scamwarners though:

Tsunami in Japan and self modifying RogueAV code

http://isc.sans.edu/diary/Tsunami+in+Japan+and+self+modifying+RogueAV+code/10543

Safari x1 (Senegal to Gambia)
"You can go now and f*ck yourself with a donkey or horse because you really need to be f*cked by a donkey or horse"
(George Michael's brother Frank/Frannypoo)

"You are a dead meat!"
(Léon the (Not so) Professional)

Closed lad accounts (19 in total:
x2 Léon the (not so) Professional. x4 Via Swindler's list. x4 Via Will and Grace the Law Firm. x3 *Hitman, x1 Hitman: The sequel!, , x1 Haiti scam, x1 The Bimbo (via Umbongo Chambers),
x1 Rita the ETA eater, x1 Via Team Doughnut, x1 Via Prince Emaka, x4 via the Nazis)
bigdaddy
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I saw this coming a mile a way too. Send em to me as well Twisted Evil

Madam F**k you with your game ok and dont write to my email or l will track you down with FBI you play with me .

You are nothing but an idiot , You must die by motor accident by fooling with a man that is old enough to be your father .
soon you will writing from your grave .
IDIOT (Barrister after I closed his bank account)

Safari Ch4nt4l Posse-Accra, Ghana > Cotonou, Benin (Co-Bait with GnarlySpoof+psychicbait)
Closed lad accounts x 11 Easter Egg 2011

* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@internationalchrysis: Any news stories you want to post about at ScamWarners can be posted in the "news and announcements" forum there.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Alejandro
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I KNEW that the next time I got online, scammers would have already jumped all over this tragedy.

I'm betting all the tons of baits I'm doing right now are wondering what happened because I was right about to go to the Western Union to pay them, then bam! I haven't communicated with them for 5 or 6 days now. Damn earthquake...

My opinion of them hasn't gone any lower than it was before, but I do feel a bit more anger for the bastards.

"TESTMONIES ARE COMMING from all over the world about our pastor so don,t worry, you sickness must go soon,Chronic Sytheric Pnimthritis,is a serious sickness but it will disappear any moment from now, you don,t need to worry," - Ossy from Nigeria
sagat
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It was inevitable. Those wanting to make donations should be made aware of this and head to he rights avenues and not be suckered in
Zapmaster
Wang Qin Baiter

Location: Member in good standing of the Ayers Rock Surf Club

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Personally, I fail to see why the police force of any country should have any trouble dealing with the number of scammers out there.

After all, it should only take one bullet per scammer.

Current score:
[mask:1]Bruce Goanna[/mask:1] - 5.
[mask:1]Wang Qin[/mask:1] - 0. Easter Egg 2011

Bank kills: United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Netherlands
Mortar x3
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Like the article posted by internationalchrysis, here's another example of scammers targeting anyone even interested in reading about what is happening in Japan. Mad This one involves videos on Facebook.

http://communities.canada.com/vancouversun/blogs/techsense/archive/2011/03/15/japan-earthquake-and-tsunami-prompts-rise-in-internet-scams.aspx

(bolding mine)

Quote:
Social media, which is being used by people around the globe to share news and personal stories from the disaster, is also being used by scammers. On Facebook, a link that is making the rounds promises a video of the tsunami.
"Facebook users are being tricked into clicking on links which claim to be raw CNN footage of the Japanese tsunami by cold-hearted scammers - as part of a plot to earn money by driving web traffic to take online surveys," Graham Cluley, senior technology consultant at Sophos wrote on the Sophos blog. "The videos, which in the examples seen by Sophos exist on a website called spinavideo, purport to be footage of the horrifying tsunami which hit parts of Japan on Friday."
Clicking on the link takes users to a website pretending to be YouTube. Instead users are tricked into agreeing to 'like' the page on Facebook, spreading the scam even further on Facebook.
"Remember to always get your news from legitimate news websites, and if you're hunting for a video make sure that you go to the real YouTube website rather than a replica set up by scammers," wrote Cluley.

TheFae
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Somebody beat me to a great idea....

Quote:
Domain Name: SPINAVIDEO.COM
Registrar: GODADDY.COM, INC.
Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com
Referral URL: http://registrar.godaddy.com
Name Server: NS1.SUSPENDED-FOR.SPAM-AND-ABUSE.COM
Name Server: NS2.SUSPENDED-FOR.SPAM-AND-ABUSE.COM

Updated Date: 13-mar-2011
Creation Date: 04-mar-2011
Expiration Date: 04-mar-2012

GO GOLD! **CLICKY**
"This is really bad"
"my account has been disable and can not sell anymore and this is all i live on"
FrumpyBB
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
IP: 180.215.202.202
Subject: Please Help Life, From Jamaine Lecott

Hello Dear Friend

My Name is Jamaine Lecott
i am in hurry writing you this message and i hope you get it on time, there was very hard quake here in my country

northeastern coast in japan. It has been a very sad and bad moment for me and my family here, the present condition that

we found myself is very hard for me to explain.i want us to be out of the country immediately i am asking for help of

($1,600 ) only to raise our ticket charge and some other expenses to leave here I will appreciate whatever you can afford

to assist me and my family so that we can have food and eat to be out of the country i will be very happy for that , we lost every thing we have
Please send the money via Western Union money transfer channel because that is the only way

we could be able to get the money fast and leave. which country are you transferring the money from please help us with

thanks GOD will help you also and bless you...

ADDRESS.NO A14 Tokyo. northeastern coast japanMy Honest Regard,
Jamaine Lecott

I have just indicated "interest"
Evil or Very Mad

Safari Dan the lotto man, ARK mugu wedding
Safari Dennis the hitman, co-bait w/ Murry Guru
Safari Zake (w/ SH, SL & Craig)
Safari x 5 Modeling Mugu Meeting, w/ mewing_ghecko & Otterfan & SSC
Safari x 2 another MMM w/ SH
Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013
lespa
Wannabe Baiter

Location: North of the equator but still on Santa's delivery route (USA)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^
Can I bait this person with this email address?? Is that "kosher"?
Les

jump_4_joy Click here to support 419Eater.com jump_4_joy
FrumpyBB
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, please Very Happy

Oh, just noticed this thread - didn´t know it has become so many already Sad

Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013
TheDarkSpecter
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Zapmaster wrote:
Personally, I fail to see why the police force of any country should have any trouble dealing with the number of scammers out there.

While many would disagree with your solution... I would be HAPPY to pay for the bullets. Twisted Evil

------------------------------

...(snip) as you can not tell me that by now i am still a scam, because have already given you my word already. (Vincen*t Chen*g)

I want a situation where this money will be used in an ungodly Way.

Motor: The Nigerian Police Force is your Friend (0KEZIE 0KIR0 NELS0N CFR,NPM,FWC, Inspector General of Police)

Closed lad accounts x4
lespa
Wannabe Baiter

Location: North of the equator but still on Santa's delivery route (USA)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I created a profile on a site called NETLOG (a known scammer is there just waiting to fall in love with me Twisted Evil ) and I got a private message from a member/group. After reading the the message I got the feeling that perhaps the group was shady. Have a look at the profile and tell me what you guys think.
http://en.netlog.com/helpjapan

Quote:
Hello Netlog Member,

We have taken permission for the Netlog team so we can appeal to its users regarding a very important issue that can happen to anyone..,,,

We all know the issue of the japan earth quake that claimed lots of life's and property, we use this medium to ask for your support and donation to assist the survivals of this sad event please as you do God will reward you and note that all donators will be contacted by the Japanese government after the trying period are over..

You are to contact the donation office if you are willing to help to restore hope the the hopeless.

NOTE:This can happen to anyone or any great Nation so please assist us

DONATION OFFICE DETAILS
Name of Secretary:Mr.Brad Collins
Email:[email protected]

Do contact them and tell them your contributions..

Thanks,
The JCI for the Help and revival of people that lost their hope
Copyright of JCI ©2011 All rights reserved.

I googled "JCI DONATIONS" and got some hits but that really convinces me of NOTHING!
I am particularly disgusted by scammers that take advantage of REAL situations like the one in Japan.
I have already donated to Japan through reliable charity organizations but I KNOW that A LOT of people will be fooled by these slimy turd scammers and I really think that we need to concentrate on them for the time being.
Les

jump_4_joy Click here to support 419Eater.com jump_4_joy
Glass of water
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Zapmaster wrote:

One thing that can be counted on is change.

Police actions on International criminal networks occur routinely.
Electronic tracing and cyber-criminologists are developing extensive databases for use.

You here at 419eaters have seen the developments across the years.
Criminal Justice systems and governments are addressing corruption. Fraud crimes cost lives.

While cyberspace has developed, we have seen justice systems, volunteer and professional, come together to produce spectacular results, for example international child cyberspace pornography rings.

Volunteers reaching out to overwhelmed justice systems helped address such an overwhelming task when online volunteers began addressing the child predators.

Police bust major child porn ring in 30 countries
By Douglas Stanglin, USA TODAY
Police arrested 184 suspects and rescued more than 200 children in 30 countries with the breakup of an international child pornography ring centered in The Netherlands, Radio Netherlands reports.

Arrests have taken place in Britain, the USA, Australia, and Spain. Europol Director Rob Wainwright says authorities identified an additional 486 suspects and more arrests are likely.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondeadline/post/2011/03/police-in-30-countries-bust-major-child-porn-ring/1

When cleaning a weed infested garden, one picks one place and begins. The weeds do come back but they are not as thick.

Attitudes are changing across cyberspace. In addition, tools are being developed to address criminal enterprises.

How long ago would we have said, nothing could be done about spam?

Microsoft says helps take down spam e-mail network

– Thu Mar 17, 10:01 pm ET
SEATTLE (Reuters) – Microsoft Corp (MSFT.O) claimed credit on Thursday for taking down one of the biggest producers of spam e-mail in a joint effort with federal authorities across the United States.
The world's biggest software company said its legal action against the operator of the Rustock 'botnet' -- or network of infected computers programed to send spam e-mail -- led to raids across the country on Thursday which effectively shut the network down.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110318/tc_nm/us_microsoft_botnet

There is good reason for fraud fighting communities, such as you, to take a stock and consider lobbying police departments, justice systems, and public servants.

It is no longer a truthful outlook to think that simply because a crime is international that it cannot be brought to justice. Or that being on a computer makes the crime un-prosecutable.

Regards,
Glass of water
psychicbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^what you said.

And speaking of useless trash,

Quote:
ADDRESS.NO A14 Tokyo. northeastern coast japan
My Honest Regard,
Jamaine Lecott

Right.
Geography, not much.

This one's starting out as a beggar rather than a 419er, but shows promise. Twisted Evil
Glass of water
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It dawned on me while making other reports that some may not know where to forward spam for reporting.

Quote:
Do you receive lots of junk email messages from people you don't know? It's no surprise if you do. As more people use email, marketers are increasingly using email messages to pitch their products and services. Some consumers find unsolicited commercial email - also known as "spam" - annoying and time consuming; others have lost money to bogus offers that arrived in their email in-box.

This website has information about the Federal Trade Commission's recent law enforcement actions against deceptive commercial email and spammers' responsibilities under the CAN-SPAM law. In the "For Consumers" section, you'll find tips on how to reduce the amount of spam email in your in-box.

If you get spam email that you think is deceptive, forward it to [email protected]. The FTC uses the spam stored in this database to pursue law enforcement actions against people who send deceptive email.

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/microsites/spam/

It may deserve its own thread, I do not know.

At least if you did not know, you now have a place to forward your unwanted questionable spam. Cool
Yabadabadoo
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Followed up on this, reply resolved to Lagos but referred me to Thailand appeal for the Japanese disaster, asked for donation via WU.

Gave lad usual runaround and he came up with bank account in Thailand although he's definitely Lagos Nigeria. Off to Alan it goes, another piggy for me, but these ****ers really are the pits. Crying or Very sad

Send the money and stop this dragging thing you engaging yourself with the bank - Mrs Rose after 80+ emails

I WAS LIKE A LAUGHING STOCK IN MONEY GRAM OFFICE TODAY..I WILL NEVER GO THERE AGAIN - Barrister Bediako after four trips

The UN diplomat feel so embaranced going to Money Gram twice without receiving any money from Money Gram - Prince Zulusofola

You could have made the payment but you go turning a rev. Sister like me ups and downs forgetting that God is watching you - Sister Mary, charity scammer

He called himself Satan Gomer, is that name not evil? May God protect me and my work from him - Scammer Patrick meets Gomer, the Demon Dollar-chopper
FrumpyBB
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^psychicbait, that lad I posted must indeed be from India, it´s not shown as a proxy from what I know. No idea why the "Dubai" referrals (mugu asks to send money to a Robert Johnson in the UAE per WU).

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic