SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

The Soldier scam - Confusion.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Tomboyriot
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/We_Find_Them/online-dating-nightmare-ny-woman-scammed-thousands-soldier/story?id=13898664#.TgnyBRqautU.facebook

What I don't understand is, is that why do these women think these men they've never met or talked to before, think some deployed guy loves them within a few minutes of talking or so? And why do they think a deployed soldier needs money from a stranger?

I know what scammer emails look like and I know it's a scam. I just like reading them.
Phil Yerboots
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Tomboyriot and welcome to Eater! Welcome also to the Love and Dating scams forum. It's a bit of a madhouse but we love it.

To answer your question men and women become victims of these scams for a whole host of reasons. They are often lonely or have had bad relationships and decide to try the internet to find someone special. Unfortunately these are exactly the type of people scammers target. Vunerable, open to flattery and after an exchange of emails, IM chats and often telephone conversations willing and happy to believe everything they are told by the scammer.

Ever heard of the phrase "Love is blind"? That is what happens. They see and hear what they need to and the scammer exploits that to the full.

You have the advantage of being able to recognise the manipulation - sadly many others don't or can't and that is why WE are here. To strike back on their behalf.

"You are sick and need medical attention. I just realised." Pee
Orange Rose3
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi there Tomboyriot

what I observe, after builung up 'love and faith' and giving the feeling of being something special - than they put pressure on the person. Some of them take a while for that building up. (months)

This pressure can be very hard for a good-hearted person. Sometimes they tell storys why they dont have friends. (one said: my best friend raped my wife... so I hate friends)
Or one even said I would be the reason why his son died in hospital, I wouldn't have a heart and so on. Or another one I would not care about him and would let him die.

My actual 'love' is telling me all this nice things, how happy he is meeting me in the net..., how special I am and so on. I wonder how long it takes until it gets to the money issue.

Orange Rose

"i need money so bad sugar, can you help me out my son must not die please help me"

"oooooh my life is down, you are heartless and wicked..i wish i never meet you" (Ex-fiancé)
Jeannette
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Again, the comments at that site are disgusting.

Stepan Fetchit
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Until you've seen the wide array of victims, intellectually, incomes, etc, it's easy to assume all victims are dumb.
You just have to get caught with your emotional pants down at the right moment, by the wrong person.

<A href="http://www.dragonladies.org/bbs">Dragonladies.org</a>
FrumpyBB
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I try to make an own comments on 419 related newspaper articles when I can since I have seen this crappy attitudes like "ooh it can NEVER happen to me cause I´m not an idiot LOL" too much.
Other than that, I appreciate that journalists get the word out. And even dumbass commentators will at least know some key words when, long later, their parents get a lottery winning...

Safari Dan the lotto man, ARK mugu wedding
Safari Dennis the hitman, co-bait w/ Murry Guru
Safari Zake (w/ SH, SL & Craig)
Safari x 5 Modeling Mugu Meeting, w/ mewing_ghecko & Otterfan & SSC
Safari x 2 another MMM w/ SH
Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic