SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

Snail Mail Scam

View next topic
View previous topic

bobjohnson
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I get this letter in the mail to my address. There is no return address. The stamp is a canadian stamp, but there is no post mark over it (to void it out from re-use). There is some kind of bar code on the envelope on the lower right side. The letter is addressed to a person who never lived at this address (We are the third owners of this property so we know the previous names)...the name even appears to be a made up name. Anyway, since there was no place to send it back to we opened it to see if we could forward it on. The letter inside is a lotto scam complete with a check for almost $4k to cover costs associated with getting my lottery winnings. I have been busy with other things for a few days and then another letter comes with another check. It was slightly different, but the basic same thing. Do you think this letter is going out in mass mailings? Since it was addressed to my address I know I shouldn't bait them (and I won't), but do you think it would do any good at all to forward it to local authorities?

Goat Easter Egg 2013
www.emmanuelisastupidmugugoatdicker.webs.com
Fowan Nyne
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello BJ Where you been?! Very Happy

Our authorities at the minute are asking for these as part of a scam awareness week / month whatever.
So, they are interested. It's just that they are twenty years behind. Confused
However, printed matter does psychologically hold more authority and there seems to be a retro thing going on with scammers.
Testing the old methods. I assume.
Apparently there is a market with the older generation - 60+

I'm sure it's just a fad...

"Note I am very weak by straight"
"Did you want to cheat me or play on my intelligent?"
"All necessary preparation for the movement of the stool are in the pipe line" - Stan "the man" Agbley

Click here to see a proper scam

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic